"protecting" And "serving"

Utah man calls Suicide Hotline, SWAT team shows up to his house and kills him.

Man Calls a Suicide Prevention Hotline SWAT Team Shows Up and Kills Him Punk Rock Libertarians

The police are always correct even when they are not making complete sense like this:

Often police go into these situations with an ingrained mentality of looking at citizens as threats to the safety of the officers and thus feel empowered and justified to use lethal force as the suicidal person has already threatened to kill someone, themselves.

How is SWAT going to help a suicidal man who asked for help? They are as impersonal as it gets. That is so sad.

Man Calls a Suicide Prevention Hotline SWAT Team Shows Up and Kills Him Punk Rock Libertarians

The police are always correct even when they are not making complete sense like this:

Often police go into these situations with an ingrained mentality of looking at citizens as threats to the safety of the officers and thus feel empowered and justified to use lethal force as the suicidal person has already threatened to kill someone, themselves.

How is SWAT going to help a suicidal man who asked for help? They are as impersonal as it gets. That is so sad.

Because any psychologist will tell you the most homicidal people are suicidal people. Like how all these mass shooters kill themselves? Or suicide bombers?

Suicidal people are VERY dangerous and unstable.

But hey, if you don't like it, DEMAND that COPS STOP BEING USED AS SOCIETY'S DEPARTMENT OF MENTAL HEALTH.

Cops aren't mental health professionals. Stop calling us for all your fucking depressed relatives talking about suicide. We aren't doctors.

Call a psychologist for your suicidal relative, not us. Or go rescue him yourself. Because you have one thing right- most cops are indifferent to your suicidal relative. Most don't give a fuck, they aren't doctors, its not their job. But, people call 911 anyway and demand the cops solve the problem.

Instead of bitching about how cops ...don't do a good job of something that is NOT their job......how about advocate that people STOP calling cops for a MEDICAL problem.

Afterall....suicidal people aren't dangerous, right? A doctor, psychologist and family member should be just fine going in to help him.

Yeah, while the citizen pretended to be traumatized, two Police Officers were murdered by an illegal alien while trying to "serve and protect" pop-culture educated fools who don't give a shit.

And this is one month after he was just charged with child molestation, yet was allowed to make bail and continue working as a police officer.

Birmingham police officer charged with first-degree rape in Alabaster AL.com

I believe a cop charged with a crime should be suspended with pay until their case is dispensed.

They shouldn't automatically be fired, because innocent until proven guilty and all that, but they should be off the street nonetheless.

I can agree with that. I also believe breaking the public trust should bring a higher penalty than the average Joe receives.

I actually agree with that sentiment, but until I start seeing some corrupt politicians earning major prison time, I'm not gonna stump for jailing crooked cops.

Miami Beach

Another tough guy abusing his badge

That cop was being an ass, but hardly abusing his badge

ALso, I would have liked to seen what happened at the beginning of the stop

Threatening someone with arrest simply because of his attitude is most definitely an abuse of his authority. Last I checked being a smart ass wasn't illegal. This guy is clearly not professional enough to be doing this job.

nah

if he's had as many years on the force as he says he has - - - - - the "learned" response to wise asses is not to lose your shit. it's to be complacent about it and let it roll off your shoulders/thicker skin.

Because any psychologist will tell you the most homicidal people are suicidal people. Like how all these mass shooters kill themselves? Or suicide bombers?

Suicidal people are VERY dangerous and unstable.

But hey, if you don't like it, DEMAND that COPS STOP BEING USED AS SOCIETY'S DEPARTMENT OF MENTAL HEALTH.

Cops aren't mental health professionals. Stop calling us for all your fucking depressed relatives talking about suicide. We aren't doctors.

Call a psychologist for your suicidal relative, not us. Or go rescue him yourself. Because you have one thing right- most cops are indifferent to your suicidal relative. Most don't give a fuck, they aren't doctors, its not their job. But, people call 911 anyway and demand the cops solve the problem.

Instead of bitching about how cops ...don't do a good job of something that is NOT their job......how about advocate that people STOP calling cops for a MEDICAL problem.

Afterall....suicidal people aren't dangerous, right? A doctor, psychologist and family member should be just fine going in to help him.

Ok... but why SWAT and not an officer or two. Some suicidal individuals can be dangerous just as many criminals can be, but why the paranoia going in when there is no conflict other than the possibility of suicide? Sending in SWAT would create a standoff most of the time in that situation.

Miami Beach

Threatening someone with arrest simply because of his attitude is most definitely an abuse of his authority. Last I checked being a smart ass wasn't illegal. This guy is clearly not professional enough to be doing this job.

It certainly is not an abuse of his authority you may not like it, but that is a different matter altogether.

I'm gonna tell you something, half our problem today is cops aren't allowed to scare kids straight before they get into REAL trouble.

I'm not talking about beating the shit out of someone or anything like that, but a good dose of "come to Jesus" can go a long way with some of these kids.

That kid was a smart ass to, you know that. There is no reason to be a smart ass to a cop who is just doing his job, and then whining like a pussy when he reacts.

Stories like this are why your real and valid complaints are taken less seriously than they should be.

nah

if he's had as many years on the force as he says he has - - - - - the "learned" response to wise asses is not to lose your shit. it's to be complacent about it and let it roll off your shoulders/thicker skin.

You ever give a kid tough love? Believe me, I encountered some real bozos in my time as an MP, some of them needed a boot in the ass , not someone to just let it roll of your shoulder

nah

You ever give a kid tough love? Believe me, I encountered some real bozos in my time as an MP, some of them needed a boot in the ass , not someone to just let it roll of your shoulder
It's not a cop's job to straighten out wise asses. A Cop's only authority is to enforce the Law and it's not illegal to be a wise-ass. This shows an inherent superiority complex.

nah

It's not a cop's job to straighten out wise asses. A Cop's only authority is to enforce the Law and it's not illegal to be a wise-ass. This shows an inherent superiority complex.

It's not a cop's job to help a kid NOT become a criminal? What planet do you live on sonny?

Or are you just stupid ? Scaring that kid now is better than having to shoot him later.....

Miami Beach

It certainly is not an abuse of his authority you may not like it, but that is a different matter altogether.

I'm gonna tell you something, half our problem today is cops aren't allowed to scare kids straight before they get into REAL trouble.

I'm not talking about beating the shit out of someone or anything like that, but a good dose of "come to Jesus" can go a long way with some of these kids.

That kid was a smart ass to, you know that. There is no reason to be a smart ass to a cop who is just doing his job, and then whining like a pussy when he reacts.

Stories like this are why your real and valid complaints are taken less seriously than they should be.

If he loses it once like that, the odds are overwhelming that he loses it often when "serving" the public. It doesn't make for sound judgment at all.

Forum List

Back