Prop 8 defender of sanctity of marriage is divorcing his wife

Whether this guy gets married, divorced, or eats shit and barks at the moon has got NOTHING to do with homos wanting to defile the holy matrimony of traditional marriage.

Next?

Wow PR gays really scare you don't they?

Can you blame him? Look what we did to the poor guy in the OP! :eek: By getting married, we ruined his!

Whether this guy gets married, divorced, or eats shit and barks at the moon has got NOTHING to do with homos wanting to defile the holy matrimony of traditional marriage.

Next?
It sure does if the person in the news article is one of the huge people trying to defend TM and trying to make it constitutional (state cons.) law.

If you're going to defend something as sacred...why don't you try participating in the "sacred" aspects of it. Unless there was some HUGE reason for the divorce (like the wife cheated on him or something).

Last edited:
Let the state regulate civil unions: avatar and kittenkoder can hook up. Their reciprocal privileges and obligations are legalized and ratified by the state.

The the churches do marriages: the UCC can marry avatar and kittenkoder. The relationship spiritually and emotionally are regulated by the church.

Our let them live together without either.

Let the state regulate civil unions: avatar and kittenkoder can hook up. Their reciprocal privileges and obligations are legalized and ratified by the state.

The the churches do marriages: the UCC can marry avatar and kittenkoder. The relationship spiritually and emotionally are regulated by the church.

Our let them live together without either.
*nod*

I've always thought that any union (whether homo or hetero) recognized by the state should be recognized as a "civil union" or "domestic partnership."

But "marriage" can be recognized by religious institutions.

Hopefully it would shut the gay extremists and religious crazies up...

Do you understand what HYPOCRISY IS? It is telling everone else to live a certain way and not applying the same standars of conduct to YOURSELF!
Never told a single lie in your life, eh?

Never said one thing and did something else?

If you try to claim perfection, i will laugh in your face.

The idea of a democratic state is people are free to waste their money, be it on petitions or stupid shit.

There is no requirement that they be perfect.

So he wants to get devorced, so what?

That doesn't change his definition of marriage, to expect that is dumb.

Personally i wouldn't care if people married their cat or rocks, let along same genders, but I won't try to silence people who disagree with me either.

Its called freedom baby, try it sometime.

The biggest threat to the sanctity of hetrosexual marriage is other heterosexuals.
Examples
Mark Sanford, John Edwards, Newt Gingrich, Bill Clinton, Rick Pitino, Bernie Madoff(he was a great guy dispite the fact he cheated on his wife) and millions upon millions more

Do you understand what HYPOCRISY IS? It is telling everone else to live a certain way and not applying the same standars of conduct to YOURSELF!

The idea of a democratic state is people are free to waste their money, be it on petitions or stupid shit.

Personally i wouldn't care if people married their cat or rocks, let along same genders, but I won't try to silence people who disagree with me either.

Sure, you do, neo-fony: all the time.

It could mean that one couldn't tolerate another Harry or yes, it could mean a mutual agreement that they needed to separate. However it would seem that if there was mutuality it was allegedly disrupted by Mr. M. But then that's between he and Mrs M. so I should zip the lip.

On Prop 8. As I understand it the idea was to deny the right to a legal arrangement of marriage to persons of the same sex in California. Mr M. was a strong proponent. The link might be in some sort of irony.

if you look at it like that.....but i think just because you are against like sexes marrying.....has nothing to do with your marriage breaking up after 43 years....UNLESS...his wife was very much for Prop 8 and left him because of that....now that would be irony...how different would it be if he was a supporter of 8 and this happened?

Oh no YOU by far have the title of most idiotic poster of all time. Your fear of gays comes through loud and clear you are just too dumb to realize it.

it has nothing to do with "fear of gays"....its changing something that has been going on since the dawning of man....thats not something that you can change overnight....

Who has tried to silence this guy?

Natural law has given way to positive law.
natural law gives way to nothing.

No such thing has ever been demonstrated to exist. There is no 'natural law'. The natural state is simply one of anarchy and survival, out of which arises order through evolutionary process and mutual interest.

I'd have to disagree. It's a theory, it was invented first I think by Aristotle. Like any other theory it was an explanation of observation of natural phenomena, perhaps in this instance human behaviour. It was probably also part of an invented moral code. I think after Aristotle, possibly by Aquinas, God got into the equation. The link between natural law and God is tenuous though. We know natural law exists, the jury is still out on God.

natural law gives way to nothing.

No such thing has ever been demonstrated to exist. There is no 'natural law'. The natural state is simply one of anarchy and survival, out of which arises order through evolutionary process and mutual interest.

I'd have to disagree. It's a theory, it was invented first I think by Aristotle. Like any other theory it was an explanation of observation of natural phenomena, perhaps in this instance human behaviour. It was probably also part of an invented moral code. I think after Aristotle, possibly by Aquinas, God got into the equation. The link between natural law and God is tenuous though. We know natural law exists, the jury is still out on God.

John Locke.

Forum List

Back