Dad Accused of Child Abuse for Hitting Girl With Pizza

Nevadamedic

Jul 13, 2007
Diagon Alley
GAINESVILLE, Fla. — A Gainesville father has been arrested for hitting his daughter with a pizza slice.

The 38-year-old man was arrested early Friday on a charge of child abuse without great harm, a third-degree felony. The man's name was being withheld to protect the identity of the victim.

Deputy Nick Vickers says the man used racist and sexist terms when he asked his daughter to turn off her computer, and she fired back with some crude language of her own.

Vickers says the father "intentionally threw a slice of pizza at the victim, striking her in the back of the neck, against her will."

The girl, whose age was not available, called 911 and her father was arrested.

Full Story.........
Dad Accused of Child Abuse for Hitting Girl With Pizza - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

I am actually speechless.

Well ... it is an act of needless violence toward a minor.

Hardley, and she also provoked the situation, it's not like he beat her and that is what that charge is designed for. This was probabably some dick head cop that thinks his shit dont stink who made this arrest.

I guarantee when it hits court it will either be dismissed or plead down to a ticketable misdemenor like disooderly conduct or criminal mischief(Wich I think is a funny charge itself.).

That guy is definitely an asshole, although in the grand scheme of things a single incident of bad words and flying pizza probably shouldn't be a felony. I wonder how much more there is to this story.

Hardley, and she also provoked the situation, it's not like he beat her and that is what that charge is designed for. This was probabably some dick head cop that thinks his shit dont stink who made this arrest.

I guarantee when it hits court it will either be dismissed or plead down to a ticketable misdemenor like disooderly conduct or criminal mischief(Wich I think is a funny charge itself.).

Hmm ... you do realize that children mimic their parents behavior ... perhaps he was usually like that and she was just being like him ... thus the provocation was a mirror of his own behavior. When the court case finishes we'll see, there are too many unknowns at this point, like the history of the family.

Hmm ... you do realize that children mimic their parents behavior ... perhaps he was usually like that and she was just being like him ... thus the provocation was a mirror of his own behavior. When the court case finishes we'll see, there are too many unknowns at this point, like the history of the family.

I am not saying your wrong, but seriously this is laughable, a Felony for throwing food? What has our society come to, people are afraid to even spank their kids for fear of the kid dialing 911 to say their abused, and I have actually seen that happen first hand.

He threw a slice of pizza? What ever happened to a good old fashioned slap upside the head?

That's the problem with kids today, some of them really just need a good old fashioned ass kicking.

I know just as many parents (usually those of the same kids) that need it more. ;)

I totally agree with that too. I hate it when I have some smart ass 14 year old in custody for shoplifting and you call the parents to some get them and they start acting worse then the kids.

I am not saying your wrong, but seriously this is laughable, a Felony for throwing food? What has our society come to, people are afraid to even spank their kids for fear of the kid dialing 911 to say their abused, and I have actually seen that happen first hand.

As I said, too many unknowns. Child abuse charges usually result from ongoing investigations, so if the charge comes to that then there is a lot more, however, even spitting on someone is assault and can result in a fine or even jail time, and a pizza slice (especially a hot one) can cause more serious damage to a face than a loogy.

As I said, too many unknowns. Child abuse charges usually result from ongoing investigations, so if the charge comes to that then there is a lot more, however, even spitting on someone is assault and can result in a fine or even jail time, and a pizza slice (especially a hot one) can cause more serious damage to a face than a loogy.

Any in wanted touching either by spitting, hotting, throwing something or whatever can still be charged under a battery charge it is generally any unwanted touching type of thing.

That's why im very careful when I stop someone at my job and I always let them make the first move, hell I don't even handcuff everyone, just if they try to fight or run, because I am not gonna touch anyone without good reason.

Any in wanted touching either by spitting, hotting, throwing something or whatever can still be charged under a battery charge it is generally any unwanted touching type of thing.

That's why im very careful when I stop someone at my job and I always let them make the first move, hell I don't even handcuff everyone, just if they try to fight or run, because I am not gonna touch anyone without good reason.

Wise way to operate, guessing loss prevention. Most people don't prosecute simple assaults like that, but there are laws for it in most states, some still have the "no spitting on sidewalks" laws on the books even (a bit off topic but meh). So, as I said, I need more of the facts. ;) I just play "devil's advocate" until I get enough of those.

Wise way to operate, guessing loss prevention. Most people don't prosecute simple assaults like that, but there are laws for it in most states, some still have the "no spitting on sidewalks" laws on the books even (a bit off topic but meh). So, as I said, I need more of the facts. ;) I just play "devil's advocate" until I get enough of those.

Well, when I was in training I was taught to handcuff everyone, but honestly if they are cooperating, arn't fighting and don't pose a risk, what's the point? Ive been doing it for a few years now and I would say I handcuff maybe only 5% of the people I take back, if that. It's funny actually because ive had some very bad people detained waiting for the police that I didn't have restrained. I also never tell them the cops are coming, why provoke them, I let them find out when the officer walks in the door, that way if they want to get stupid, the cop can deal with it.

I will always remember one guy that I had in custody, kind of a big guy stealing a couple bottles of liquor. I talked him in, My partner was watching him why I stepped out to get a price check and also call the police without him knowing, I gave the Dispatcher the guys information from his IdCard he gave me and the response I got from the Dispatcher was, "Is he cuffed? If not cuff him" Lol I will tell you, that was a bad feeling. I went back in the office immediately and the guy was calm as could be, joking with my partner, so I didn't cuff him, I figured it could have provoked him seeing the cuffs. So I continued to just shoot the shit with him and act like I was doing my paperwork, within about 3-4 minutes there were like 6 cops there.

It turned out he was a convicted rapist who was on parole, who jumped parole and was wanted for another sexual assault. I was pretty impressed with myself that we were able to detain this guy and keep him calm until the cops got there, especially since he was a guy with nothing to lose.

years ago my 11 year old threatened that he was going to call and report me for child abuse. What did I do? I smacked him for telling me to shut up. (it wasn't a hard smack either) What was my response?

I handed him the phone and said "After you call give me the phone because I want to report Parent Abuse" LOL End of that. Same kid a year before got mad because I took away something of his for punishment. He got all mad and said "I'm going to run away". Oh boy wrong thing to say to me....I ran down the steps to retrieve a suitcase, entered his room, started to pack the suitcase" END OF THAT too.

... This is really stupid, what's next prosecuting someone for the classic pie in a face gag? How about dumping your soda on someone.

I mean it's food it may have been hot but all you have to do is wash it off and wala.

You really telling me this girl has never had food thrown at her or witnessed such a thing.

This is not child abuse.

All of us don't like parental abuse, for sure, and I have found it very interesting pursuing all of your thoughts. I agree - there is more to the story. The problem in some cases, of course, is parents acting badly, creating horrible examples for their children. Some friends, who are public school teachers, have had to deal with that. The stupidness of some parents stopped when a mom told a female teacher, "I will kill you" because of a grade (!), and the police arrested the mom on a charge of terroristic threat.

However, I take it all back if the pizza slice had anchovies on it. The girl would have been right to go postal on dad.

years ago my 11 year old threatened that he was going to call and report me for child abuse. What did I do? I smacked him for telling me to shut up. (it wasn't a hard smack either) What was my response?

I handed him the phone and said "After you call give me the phone because I want to report Parent Abuse" LOL End of that. Same kid a year before got mad because I took away something of his for punishment. He got all mad and said "I'm going to run away". Oh boy wrong thing to say to me....I ran down the steps to retrieve a suitcase, entered his room, started to pack the suitcase" END OF THAT too.

Im inlove! :lol:

I knew a girl who actually was abused by her parents, she came into class with a large bandage over her eye, or maybe it was her forhead, she was pulled out of class to talk to the police then came back. When I asked her about it she said her father did it and I was in such shock the only thing I could think to say was "gee that sucks" I've been hitting myself over that ever since.

To think that the same laws would grab her Dad and the pizza thrower is truly disturbing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back