Prop 8 defender of sanctity of marriage is divorcing his wife

And Newt and Rush are serial adulterers and serial monogamists.

Who cares?

You will find Dems and Independents doing the same thing.

*yawn*

who fucking cares?
Damn you, I was going to say that.

sorry.
there's an opening in the kerry won ohio thread if you still want to use it.

that might be the single stupidest thread i've seen since i've been here.

I don't know... this one is up there.

The thread tittle may as well read... "Johnny divorced his wife because an asteroid hit Mars."

What it means is this.

Marriage, after all, isn't a sacrament, it's a legal arrangement.

Or it means that Mr Manchester no longer has his Catholic faith.

But could mean that Mr Manchester still has his Catholic faith, just not all of it, he's ditched the bit about marriage being a sacrament.

Mr Manchester could also be a hypocrite.

Your choice.

So you and your ilk defend a State not allowing Divorce, better hurry and tell your gay buddies since especially the male ones fuck anything that moves and can not keep relationships for more than a few years max if that long.

That's a Male thing, not a Gay thing.

Divorce has fuck all to do with Marriage being between a man and a woman. That you sick turds think it does explains a few things about your ignorance.

The point here is the HYPOCRISY of the man. He claims to stand for the "sanctity" of marriage yet he is getting divorced? He claims to be Catholic yet he is willing to break church teachings.

The claim I always see for denying gay marriage is that it will weaken "traditional" marriage to which I say if your marriage is so weak that it is "threatened" by gay marriage then you should really examine YOUR OWN LIFE!

I would LOVE for one of you to tell me just EXACTLY what "traditional" marriage is. Did marriage begin when we won our independence as a nation?

The FACT is that for most of history marriage was nothing more than a BUSINESS arangment between two families and had LITTLE to due with what the woman wanted.

The point here is the HYPOCRISY of the man. He claims to stand for the "sanctity" of marriage yet he is getting divorced? He claims to be Catholic yet he is willing to break church teachings.

The claim I always see for denying gay marriage is that it will weaken "traditional" marriage to which I say if your marriage is so weak that it is "threatened" by gay marriage then you should really examine YOUR OWN LIFE!

Gee, people are hypocritical, what a shock. :shock:

Does this mean that nobody can ever support and be against anything unless they are pristine and perfect?

The point here is a dumb 'gotcha.'

If he wants to waste his money on dumb shit, he's allowed to, that is the American way.

Its not required that he be a paragon.

Gee, people are hypocritical, what a shock. :shock:

Does this mean that nobody can ever support and be against anything unless they are pristine and perfect?

The point here is a dumb 'gotcha.'

If he wants to waste his money on dumb shit, he's allowed to, that is the American way.

Its not required that he be a paragon.

2007_01_bingo_brown.jpg

bingo! we've got bingo!

If it can be shown that marriage is ordained by God and that marriage is a Christian sacrament then it removes the ability of mere humans to change its definition. I mean if God said that marriage is between a man and a woman then, heck, why would anyone think it should be otherwise?

But if it can be shown that marriage is a human invention and God isn't too worried about it, then the definition can be changed without fear of Godly retribution.

I don't believe God exists but I'm willing to allow that some folks think He does. I'm quite happy for believers in God to act according to what they think He requires. I would be totally opposed to secular society forcing a religious organisation to provide a religious ceremony to adherents of the same sex who wished to marry in that religious organisation if that was opposed by the doctrine of that religion. I don't particularly like it but I do think unless there are very good reasons to the contrary secular society shouldn't overbear a religious organisation. To adherents who complain about it I have to say, too bad, can't help.

But the corollary is that I would be quite happy to see persons of the same sex married - according to law - just like persons of the opposite sex who don't want a religious ceremony can do now. I can't see any valid opposition to that.

Whether this guy gets married, divorced, or eats shit and barks at the moon has got NOTHING to do with homos wanting to defile the holy matrimony of traditional marriage.

Next?

How about this. The state changes the definition of marriage to remove gender specification. Religious organisations continue to be given the privilege to perform marriage ceremonies for individuals who may be of different genders or the same gender, as they see fit.

How about this. The state changes the definition of marriage to remove gender specification. Religious organisations continue to be given the privilege to perform marriage ceremonies for individuals who may be of different genders or the same gender, as they see fit.

Are you starting a new thread? Because that statement has zero to do with the OP.

Forum List

Back