Prop 8 defender of sanctity of marriage is divorcing his wife

one of the reasons i dont care if gays marry Di.....why should they not experience the same misery that Hetros go through....

:lol: Misery loves company Harry! it should be spread around! :lol:

Good point, except for my wife. For over 30 years every moment she has spent with me has been pure escatasy. She is one lucky woman. She may not realize that but it is a fact.

:lol:

And is she grateful? Not a bit of it! :lol:

one of the reasons i dont care if gays marry Di.....why should they not experience the same misery that Hetros go through....

:lol: Misery loves company Harry! it should be spread around! :lol:

Good point, except for my wife. For over 30 years every moment she has spent with me has been pure escatasy. She is one lucky woman. She may not realize that but it is a fact.

and here as it began i thought it was a homage to your wife.....:lol:

San Diego CityBeat - Ironic divorce

Ironic divorce
Protector of traditional marriage Doug Manchester leaving wife of 43 years
By Eric Wolff

In July 2008, hotelier and developer Doug Manchester donated $125,000 to help gather signatures for a proposition that would ban same-sex marriage in California. The early money was crucial to getting the initiative—which ultimately passed—on the ballot. At the time, he told The New York Times that he made the donation because of “my Catholic faith and longtime affiliation with the Catholic Church,” which preferred that marriage remain between a man and a woman. Indeed, the Catholic Church has vehemently opposed gay marriage. Then again, it’s also not too keen on divorce.

On Oct. 9, 2008, Manchester ended 43 years, eight months and nine days of marriage to Elizabeth Manchester by moving out of their La Jolla abode. The couple spent the next several months trying to reach a quiet settlement on how best to distribute millions of dollars in cash and other assets. In July, those talks totally broke down, and Doug started playing financial hardball with Elizabeth, allegedly draining the couple’s shared accounts and stealing her mail. On Aug. 6, Elizabeth filed a petition for redress in family court. All of the information in this story comes from those petitions. CityBeat contacted attorneys for both parties, but neither returned calls by press time. <more>

The Rule for Radicals that is being applied in this post is here

RULE 4: "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules." If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules. (This is a serious rule. The besieged entity's very credibility and reputation is at stake, because if activists catch it lying or not living up to its commitments, they can continue to chip away at the damage.)

Alinsky would be proud

Ironic divorce
By Eric Wolff

In July 2008, hotelier and developer Doug Manchester donated $125,000 to help gather signatures for a proposition that would ban same-sex marriage in California. The early money was crucial to getting the initiative—which ultimately passed—on the ballot. At the time, he told The New York Times that he made the donation because of “my Catholic faith and longtime affiliation with the Catholic Church,” which preferred that marriage remain between a man and a woman. Indeed, the Catholic Church has vehemently opposed gay marriage. Then again, it’s also not too keen on divorce.

On Oct. 9, 2008, Manchester ended 43 years, eight months and nine days of marriage to Elizabeth Manchester by moving out of their La Jolla abode. The couple spent the next several months trying to reach a quiet settlement on how best to distribute millions of dollars in cash and other assets. In July, those talks totally broke down, and Doug started playing financial hardball with Elizabeth, allegedly draining the couple’s shared accounts and stealing her mail. On Aug. 6, Elizabeth filed a petition for redress in family court. All of the information in this story comes from those petitions. CityBeat contacted attorneys for both parties, but neither returned calls by press time. <more>

So what? Are you suggesting that because one believes Marraige is between a Man and a Woman they should not ever divorce? Be so kind as to explain that idiotic thought process. Maybe we should institute a No Divorce law like some Countries have then your buddies the Homosexuals will really be in a bind since they jump from bed to bed like rabbits.[/QUOTE]

Gunny, the irony of you saying homosexuals jump from bed to bed in a thread about a guy who was for "traditional" marriage and is splitting is really funny.

Heterosexual people don't jump from bed to bed? LOL. Especially the ones who spout family values. They are the worst.

(By the way, nice to meet you, got my DD214 in 2004, 20 year Navy guy here).

Ironic divorce
By Eric Wolff

Liberals have an Easy Job... They don't have any Standards, so they don't have to Worry about being held to any...

Plenty of Room in Hell for those who don't even Try.

:)

peace...

Ironic divorce
By Eric Wolff

Liberals have an Easy Job... They don't have any Standards, so they don't have to Worry about being held to any...

peace...

What you do is what counts. Way too many extreme conservatives talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Ultimately it is the walk you walk not the talk you talk that counts.

Too many people use trying as an excuse. Trying is basically talking which too many conservatives do a better job of than doing.

peace...

all liberals?.....or just some?....cause i know a few Conservatives who dont seem to have any standardized standards themselves.....

Ironic divorce
By Eric Wolff

peace...

What you do is what counts. Way too many extreme conservatives talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Ultimately it is the walk you walk not the talk you talk that counts.

Too many people use trying as an excuse. Trying is basically talking which too many conservatives do a better job of than doing.

Perfection is not Achievable... But setting Societal Standards is.

Liberals Hate Standards because they don't Understand that Failure is a Natural thing...

Learn from it, Moveon.com and Try to Illustrate how to Avoid it to other People.

Barry for Example hasn't been Told he has EVER Failed, although he Obviously has...

Liberals tend to Surround themselves with People who Reenforce their Beliefs and Avoid those who Disagree with them.

Reminds me of a Liberal here Recently who was Mocking for Admitting that I Listen to those that I Criticize.

"You listent to Air America?"... As if that was a Slam Against me when Discussing why Idiots like Ed Shultz are Idiots.

Liberals just Trust that their Superior Liberals have Informed them Accuratly regarding Conservatives and Procede Accordingly.

Ignorantly.

And I Take my Own to Task also... SHOCKER!, eh! ;)

peace...

peace...

all liberals?.....or just some?....cause i know a few Conservatives who dont seem to have any standardized standards themselves.....

If I meant "All" I would have Used that Word...

Please, Read what I Write Carefully.

peace...

peace...

Perfection is not Achievable... But setting Societal Standards is.

Liberals Hate Standards because they don't Understand that Failure is a Natural thing...

Learn from it, Moveon.com and Try to Illustrate how to Avoid it to other People.

Barry for Example hasn't been Told he has EVER Failed, although he Obviously has...

Liberals tend to Surround themselves with People who Reenforce their Beliefs and Avoid those who Disagree with them.

Reminds me of a Liberal here Recently who was Mocking for Admitting that I Listen to those that I Criticize.

"You listent to Air America?"... As if that was a Slam Against me when Discussing why Idiots like Ed Shultz are Idiots.

Liberals just Trust that their Superior Liberals have Informed them Accuratly regarding Conservatives and Procede Accordingly.

Ignorantly.

And I Take my Own to Task also... SHOCKER!, eh! ;)

peace...

You set societal standards by example not words.

I am a big believer in standards. I try to communicate my standards by example not empty words.

Alyinsky's rule for radicals which is applied in this post

RULE 4: "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules." If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules. (This is a serious rule. The besieged entity's very credibility and reputation is at stake, because if activists catch it lying or not living up to its commitments, they can continue to chip away at the damage.)

Alinsky's principles were developed for use by the powerless against the powerful. If you're trying to represent them as being politically partisan then you've not properly understood what he was on about.

LOL... Another post which hopes to denigrate a sound principle, beause an advocate of such fails to live up to that principle.

As if the Principle is somehow discredited...

Alinsky's principles were developed for use by the powerless against the powerful. If you're trying to represent them as being politically partisan then you've not properly understood what he was on about.

Yep and you are a tool,:eusa_whistle: he is proud that his work for marxism lives on even though, you may not know what you do

His rules were "developed" :rolleyes: for use for the masses to use to give power to the one who want to take over anything they felt necessary for the good of the ideals of marxism

"I am proud to see that my father's model for organizing is being applied successfully beyond local community organizing to affect the Democratic campaign in 2008. It is a fine tribute to Saul Alinsky as we approach his 100th birthday."
L. DAVID ALINSKY

Forum List

Back