Pro-slavery party

Which major American political party is known for promoting slavery in America?

• Total voters
Wow, 5 people have shown how ignorant they are by getting the answer totally wrong.

And some Democrats who got it right try to argue that slavery is acceptable.

1920164_693277554065710_1721742512_n.jpg

Good link to read over...A Short History of Democrats, Republicans, and Racism

Last edited:
I voted republican since they promote wage slavery. I'm pretty sure the op was talking about using Blacks as slaves, but that was long ago. The anti slave republican party of old wouldn't spit on today's republican party, who's attitude is "gain wealth, forgetting all but self".
The OP was about real actual slavery, not some inane analogy.

And really I was thinking more about modern American history. Not things that happened 2 centuries ago.

The Democrat party has imposed slavery on Americans several times via conscription. Getting taken overseas against your will and forced to storm the beach and get chopped into little bits by a machine gun is slavery.
Citizenship comes with duties and responsibilities. If one is not willing to defend their country, then they don't deserve to be called a citizen. Forcing one to perform their duty, as a citizen, is not slavery.
Bullshit.

It's still slavery, there's no way getting around that FACT. Now, you can try to argue that slavery is justifiable under the circumstances, but to say slavery is not slavery because you personally feel it was justified is simply a lie.

RWs are so simple minded.

It wasn't "Democrats". It was ultra-conservatives and at that time, they were in the Democrat party.

The real question is, if Democrats can learn, grow, evolve and change, why can't Republicans?

They were and still are Democrats...

They established Jim Crow and today they enslave fellow Democrats into the arms of welfare...

They still believe Big Brother will take care of them, when in fact all they have done is abuse them...

I voted republican since they promote wage slavery. I'm pretty sure the op was talking about using Blacks as slaves, but that was long ago. The anti slave republican party of old wouldn't spit on today's republican party, who's attitude is "gain wealth, forgetting all but self".

And really I was thinking more about modern American history. Not things that happened 2 centuries ago.

The Democrat party has imposed slavery on Americans several times via conscription. Getting taken overseas against your will and forced to storm the beach and get chopped into little bits by a machine gun is slavery.
SOme one has to do it and it shoudn't only be the poor and lower middle class who often volunteer out of economic necessity.

It wasn't "Democrats". It was ultra-conservatives and at that time, they were in the Democrat party.

The real question is, if Democrats can learn, grow, evolve and change, why can't Republicans?

They established Jim Crow and today they enslave fellow Democrats into the arms of welfare...

They still believe Big Brother will take care of them, when in fact all they have done is abuse them...

The fine republicans of the old jim crow days wouldn't piss on modern day republicans.
I'm talking about the republican politicians, not the working class suckers that vote republican.

SOme one has to do it and it shoudn't only be the poor and lower middle class who often volunteer out of economic necessity.
I disagree that "someone has to do it". If you think it's that important then you can volunteer to go get blown to smithereens. Didn't see FDR storming the beach at Iwo Jima, did you?

Citizenship comes with duties and responsibilities. If one is not willing to defend their country, then they don't deserve to be called a citizen. Forcing one to perform their duty, as a citizen, is not slavery.
How many vietnam era republican draft dodgers do you know?
Who served?

I disagree that "someone has to do it". If you think it's that important then you can volunteer to go get blown to smithereens. Didn't see FDR storming the beach at Iwo Jima, did you?
GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY YOU UNPATRIOTIC BAHS-TURD! You are talking to the wrong dude. I am retired military.

The south is where most racism stems from. It's true the south was once mostly Democrat. It's true the south is now mostly Republican.

258z9g1.jpg

History notes that all those pro-slavery Democrats became Republicans when the Civil Rights Act passed. Well, honest history notes it, how the Republican party so proudly welcomed all the slavers defecting from the Democrats.

At least Muhammed still feels ashamed of the current batch of Republican slavers -- which is why he's trying so hard to deflect attention from them -- so there's hope for him. His conscience is obviously bothering him, and that's good.

If you conservatives are that ashamed of how Republicans act now, why not just leave the Republicans, instead of constantly making these excuses for their slaving ways? However, if you're not ashamed of their slaving ways, I can see why you'd want to stay.

You know what? You're an idiot. A complete and utter moron. Here you go, Spanky. Educate yourself. Your ignorance offends me. It took me about two minutes to find and post all of this. The fact that you still believe that stupid myth about the dixiecrats shows that you are either brainless twit, or dishonest. So which is it?

Freedom and Liberty, The Myth of the Dixiecrat Switch of the Republican and Democratic parties

"The Parties Switched Sides" - Myth Debunked - NintendoDojo

The Dixiecrat Myth

ANOTHER LIBERAL LIE EXPOSED: The Myth of the Southern Strategy

There is another side of this story:
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2012/05/conservative-fantasy-history-of-civil-rights.html

The south is where most racism stems from. It's true the south was once mostly Democrat. It's true the south is now mostly Republican.

258z9g1.jpg
---
Perhaps the Republicans will claim the pro-slavery & racist people migrated north.
:)

258z9g1.jpg
---
Perhaps the Republicans will claim the pro-slavery & racist people migrated north.

From the link...
Following the epic civil rights struggles of the 1960s, the South began a major demographic shift from Democratic to Republican dominance. Many believe that this shift was motivated by racism. While it is certainly true that many Southern racists abandoned the Democratic Party over its new support for racial equality and integration, the notion that they would flock to the Republican Party -- which was a century ahead of the Democrats on those issues -- makes no sense whatsoever.

Yet virtually every liberal, when pressed on the matter, will inevitably claim that the parties "switched," and most racist Democrats became Republicans! In their minds, this historical ju jitsu maneuver apparently transfers all the past sins of the Democrats (slavery, the KKK, Jim Crow laws, etc.) onto the Republicans and all the past virtues of the Republicans (e.g., ending slavery) onto the Democrats! That's quite a feat!

It is true that Barry Goldwater's opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 probably attracted some racist Democrats to the Republican Party. However, Goldwater was not a racist -- at least not an overt racist like so many Southern Democrats of the time, such as George Wallace and Bull Connor. He publicly professed racial equality, and his opposition to the 1964 Act was based on principled grounds of states rights. In any case, his libertarian views were out of step with the mainstream, and he lost the 1964 Presidential election to LBJ in a landslide.

But Goldwater's opposition to the 1964 Civil Rights Act provided liberals an opening to tar the Republican Party as racist, and they have tenaciously repeated that label so often over the years that it is now the conventional wisdom among liberals. But it is really nothing more than an unsubstantiated myth -- a convenient political lie. If the Republican Party was any more racist than the Democratic Party even in 1964, why did a higher percentage of Republicans than Democrats in both houses of Congress vote for the 1964 Civil Rights Act? The idea that Goldwater's vote on the 1964 Civil Rights Act trumps a century of history of the Republican Party is ridiculous, to say the least.

Every political party has its racists, but the notion that Republicans are more racist than Democrats or any other party is based on nothing more than a constant drumbeat of unsubstantiated innuendo and assertions by Leftists, constantly echoed by the liberal media. It is a classic example of a Big Lie that becomes "true" simply by virtue of being repeated so many times.

A more likely explanation for the long-term shift from Democratic to Republican dominance in the South was the perception, fair or not, that the Democratic Party had rejected traditional Christian religious values and embraced radical secularism. That includes its hardline support for abortion, its rejection of prayer in public schools, its promotion of the gay agenda, and many other issues.

bec54d0dbfe9934e471fd1a9dde629ef.jpg

A Short History of Democrats, Republicans, and Racism

Last edited:

GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY YOU UNPATRIOTIC BAHS-TURD! You are talking to the wrong dude. I am retired military.
Doesn't impress me. Not one bit.

The military certainly did try to recruit me while I was still in high school. But I had better things to do than that.

How many vietnam era republican draft dodgers do you know?
Who served?
Could you explain how the tiny country of Vietnam was some sort of threat to the USA?

Do you think the Vietnamese had the military capability to invade California?

258z9g1.jpg
---

From the link...
Following the epic civil rights struggles of the 1960s, the South began a major demographic shift from Democratic to Republican dominance. Many believe that this shift was motivated by racism. While it is certainly true that many Southern racists abandoned the Democratic Party over its new support for racial equality and integration, the notion that they would flock to the Republican Party -- which was a century ahead of the Democrats on those issues -- makes no sense whatsoever.

Yet virtually every liberal, when pressed on the matter, will inevitably claim that the parties "switched," and most racist Democrats became Republicans! In their minds, this historical ju jitsu maneuver apparently transfers all the past sins of the Democrats (slavery, the KKK, Jim Crow laws, etc.) onto the Republicans and all the past virtues of the Republicans (e.g., ending slavery) onto the Democrats! That's quite a feat!

It is true that Barry Goldwater's opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 probably attracted some racist Democrats to the Republican Party. However, Goldwater was not a racist -- at least not an overt racist like so many Southern Democrats of the time, such as George Wallace and Bull Connor. He publicly professed racial equality, and his opposition to the 1964 Act was based on principled grounds of states rights. In any case, his libertarian views were out of step with the mainstream, and he lost the 1964 Presidential election to LBJ in a landslide.

But Goldwater's opposition to the 1964 Civil Rights Act provided liberals an opening to tar the Republican Party as racist, and they have tenaciously repeated that label so often over the years that it is now the conventional wisdom among liberals. But it is really nothing more than an unsubstantiated myth -- a convenient political lie. If the Republican Party was any more racist than the Democratic Party even in 1964, why did a higher percentage of Republicans than Democrats in both houses of Congress vote for the 1964 Civil Rights Act? The idea that Goldwater's vote on the 1964 Civil Rights Act trumps a century of history of the Republican Party is ridiculous, to say the least.

Every political party has its racists, but the notion that Republicans are more racist than Democrats or any other party is based on nothing more than a constant drumbeat of unsubstantiated innuendo and assertions by Leftists, constantly echoed by the liberal media. It is a classic example of a Big Lie that becomes "true" simply by virtue of being repeated so many times.

A more likely explanation for the long-term shift from Democratic to Republican dominance in the South was the perception, fair or not, that the Democratic Party had rejected traditional Christian religious values and embraced radical secularism. That includes its hardline support for abortion, its rejection of prayer in public schools, its promotion of the gay agenda, and many other issues.

View attachment 54527

---
The facts don't lie. In your ref:
"why did a higher percentage of Republicans than Democrats in both houses of Congress vote for the 1964 Civil Rights Act?"

It's because there were more Republicans in northern states.
In 1964 or 100 years following the Civil War, the SOUTHERN states were still racist. Not a single Republican from a Southern state voted for the Civil Rights Act.
Only 8 out of 118 Southerners in the House & Senate voted for the Civil Rights Act -- ALL 8 were Democrats.

The racist South, which had five states swing Republican in 1964, became a stronghold of the Republican party by the 1990s.

The facts don't lie.

258z9g1.jpg
---

From the link...

View attachment 54527

---
The facts don't lie. In your ref:
"why did a higher percentage of Republicans than Democrats in both houses of Congress vote for the 1964 Civil Rights Act?"

It's because there were more Republicans in northern states.
In 1964 or 100 years following the Civil War, the SOUTHERN states were still racist. Not a single Republican from a Southern state voted for the Civil Rights Act.
Only 8 out of 118 Southerners in the House & Senate voted for the Civil Rights Act -- ALL 8 were Democrats.

The racist South, which had five states swing Republican in 1964, became a stronghold of the Republican party by the 1990s.

The facts don't lie.
So, big deal, "there were more Republicans in northern states" how does that change the final Congressional votes and Republican dominated percentages?

As I recall those 5 states voters were fed up with Democratic Party Civil Rights Policies/Abuses and really, why not?

(Perhaps if you read over the unlined section of my previous post, it would help, also.)

Last edited:

The fine republicans of the old jim crow days wouldn't piss on modern day republicans.
I'm talking about the republican politicians, not the working class suckers that vote republican.

You have no idea what you're talking about...

I understand your easily influenced to believe the lie, most of the Democrat working class are pretty gullible and some are just angry, which one are you?

https://www.fold3.com/page/2725_jim_crow_laws/

258z9g1.jpg

Another simple minded liberal...

So your naïve enough to believe racism is predominantly a southern state issue, this supports the gullible side of my point, no surprise...

Forum List

Back