Pro-slavery party

Which major American political party is known for promoting slavery in America?

• Total voters
RWs are so simple minded.

It wasn't "Democrats". It was ultra-conservatives and at that time, they were in the Democrat party.

The real question is, if Democrats can learn, grow, evolve and change, why can't Republicans?

They were and still are Democrats...

They established Jim Crow and today they enslave fellow Democrats into the arms of welfare...

They still believe Big Brother will take care of them, when in fact all they have done is abuse them...
The south is where most racism stems from. It's true the south was once mostly Democrat. It's true the south is now mostly Republican.

258z9g1.jpg
---
Perhaps the Republicans will claim the pro-slavery & racist people migrated north.
:)

Actually they never left...

Actually he conscripted people by the thousands. Conscription is a particularly atrocious form of slavery. Really the most abhorrent form of slavery.

FDR took men against their will and sent them overseas where they were cut to pieces by German and Japanese machine guns and artillery.

That's just plain fucking evil.
If you live in a country, yet refuse to defend it, what does that say about you? Everyone has a DUTY to defend their country. If you don't like it, go live somewhere else.
This thread is not about your excuses to promote slavery, it's about which major political party in the US consistently promotes slavery.

It's the Democratic party.
I'm not promoting slavery. I agree with you about the democratic party. However, what would have happened if we didn't conscript all of those soldiers and sailors? Was it the right thing to do? The way I see it, it's the governments number one job to protect it's citizens. Could we have won the war without the draft? I don't think so.
We didn't have to get involved in the war in the first place.
Really? I beg to differ. If we hadn't gotten involved Germany would have taken over all of Europe. Eventually they would have come after us. Many more lives would have been lost, as a result. I believe that we also had a moral imperative to act. Evil should not be allowed to flourish.
Slight correction RW, Hitler was already making plans, and executing some of them to come after us here on US soil. He had many spies and sabatures in place before we declaired war on Germany.

It wasn't "Democrats". It was ultra-conservatives and at that time, they were in the Democrat party.

The real question is, if Democrats can learn, grow, evolve and change, why can't Republicans?

They established Jim Crow and today they enslave fellow Democrats into the arms of welfare...

They still believe Big Brother will take care of them, when in fact all they have done is abuse them...
The south is where most racism stems from. It's true the south was once mostly Democrat. It's true the south is now mostly Republican.

258z9g1.jpg

Another simple minded liberal...

So your naïve enough to believe racism is predominantly a southern state issue, this supports the gullible side of my point, no surprise...
Of course it's more predominant in the south. The south has always been more racist than the north. Recall, it was the South who seceded from the nation to keep slavery legal.

258z9g1.jpg

So your naïve enough to believe racism is predominantly a southern state issue, this supports the gullible side of my point, no surprise...
Of course it's more predominant in the south. The south has always been more racist than the north. Recall, it was the South who seceded from the nation to keep slavery legal.

It's been over 150 years and there is still racism throughout the world and you're sitting here claiming it's only a southern thing?

258z9g1.jpg

It's been over 150 years and there is still racism throughout the world and you're sitting here claiming it's only a southern thing?
You're fucking retarded. Obviously, in your rightard world, "predominant" means "only." :cuckoo:

Black people must really be stupid to vote democrat with all these republicans doing good things for them. Poor misunderstood babies, losing all those votes to the evil, freedom hating democrats.

258z9g1.jpg

You're fucking retarded. Obviously, in your rightard world, "predominant" means "only." :cuckoo:

I knew you would stoop down to your level...

The only issue established her is you're lack of intelligence...

It's 2015, not 1864...

The fine republicans of the old jim crow days wouldn't piss on modern day republicans.
I'm talking about the republican politicians, not the working class suckers that vote republican.

You have no idea what you're talking about...

I understand your easily influenced to believe the lie, most of the Democrat working class are pretty gullible and some are just angry, which one are you?

https://www.fold3.com/page/2725_jim_crow_laws/

Neither and I respond in like to you. Blacks won't vote republican because they know what republicans think of them. Either that or they're stupid, which they're not. Things have flip flopped since the jim crow days. And no number of your right wing links will change things. Hillary will get most of the Black vote no matter what kind of propaganda you spread.

The fine republicans of the old jim crow days wouldn't piss on modern day republicans.
I'm talking about the republican politicians, not the working class suckers that vote republican.

You have no idea what you're talking about...

I understand your easily influenced to believe the lie, most of the Democrat working class are pretty gullible and some are just angry, which one are you?

https://www.fold3.com/page/2725_jim_crow_laws/

Neither and I respond in like to you. Blacks won't vote republican because they know what republicans think of them. Either that or they're stupid, which they're not. Things have flip flopped since the jim crow days. And no number of your right wing links will change things. Hillary will get most of the Black vote no matter what kind of propaganda you spread.

Blacks will not vote Republican because the Democrats continue to promote their helplessness, is it really that hard for you to understand?

258z9g1.jpg

It's 2015, not 1864...
Cries the idiot who lied by trying to claim I said racism is exclusively a southern issue. :eusa_doh:

And who said rampant racism in the south died in the 1800's?

It was still thriving in the 1900's

The roll call on the Civil Rights Act of 1964 by region...

North: 353-38 (90%)
South: 9-115 (7%)

You've heard no apologetics from me in this thread. What I've taught you about in this thread is the truthful American history. Period.

lol nonsense, all you've posted is the usual selective cherry picking and astroturfing spin, trying to play up the GOP as some sort of moral paragon of racial justice.

The same goes for the muppets babbling the usual 'demonize the South' gibberish with selective 'factoids'. Here's a little factoid from the civil rights era and the Nixon administration: While Nixon was supporting 'school desegregation' in the South, successfully so, reducing the proportion of black children in the South attending all black schools plunged from 68% in 1968 to 8% in 1972. By the end of Nixon's first term, the southern school systems led the nation in racial desegregation. By 1974, the share of black children attending schools that were 95% or more black had declined in the South to 20%, but had risen to 50% in the northern and western states.

So, what we have historically is the Northern states lagging behind the South on civil rights, not the other way around. Ironic, eh? Such are the pitfalls of getting your 'history' from such 'scholars' as Ann Coulter or Daily Kos and the like. Naturally northerners and DNC hired astroturfers don't feel compelled to tell the entire history of any of their 'talking points', any more than the GOP does.

Nixon also revived the moribund 'Philadelphia Plan', rejected by both Johnson and most democrats because it violated the express prohibition of Title VII, section 703(j) of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibited preferential treatment on account of race, ethnicity, sex, etc., and forced a quota system on institutions both private and public all across the board. Thanks yet again to Republican appointees on the Supreme Court, and intense lobbying by both Nixon and other Republicans.

See Hugh Davis Graham's The Civil Rights Era, pages 296 through 345 for much more detail and specifics on the above.

Last edited:
You've heard no apologetics from me in this thread. What I've taught you about in this thread is the truthful American history. Period.

lol nonsense, all you've posted is the usual selective cherry picking and astroturfing spin, trying to play up the GOP as some sort of moral paragon of racial justice.

The same goes for the muppets babbling the usual 'demonize the South' gibberish with selective 'factoids'. Here's a little factoid from the civil rights era and the Nixon administration: While Nixon was supporting 'school desegregation' in the South, successfully so, reducing the proportion of black children in the South attending all black schools plunged from 68% in 1968 to 8% in 1972. By the end of Nixon's first term, the southern school systems led the nation in racial desegregation. By 1974, the share of black children attending schools that were 95% or more black had declined in the South to 20%, but had risen to 50% in the northern and western states.

So, what we have historically is the Northern states lagging behind the South on civil rights, not the other way around. Ironic, eh? Such are the pitfalls of getting your 'history' from such 'scholars' as Ann Coulter or Daily Kos and the like. Naturally northerners and DNC hired astroturfers don't feel compelled to tell the entire history of any of their 'talking points', any more than the GOP does.

Nixon also revived the moribund 'Philadelphia Plan', rejected by both Johnson and most democrats because it violated the express prohibition of Title VII, section 703(j) of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibited preferential treatment on account of race, ethnicity, sex, etc., and forced a quota system on institutions both private and public all across the board. Thanks yet again to Republican appointees on the Supreme Court, and intense lobbying by both Nixon and other Republicans.

See Hugh Davis Graham's The Civil Rights Era, pages 296 through 345 for much more detail and specifics on the above.
Desegregation has nothing to do with the subject.

If you did not choose the Democratic party in the poll then you got it question wrong. You totally flunked on a super easy poll question.

You chose not to answer it because you don't like the correct answer. You would rather bury your head in the sand than admit that your party is a bunch of fucking scumbags.

Which party in America accepts black people and minorities with more equality in the United States today?
Which party in America opposes more equality for blacks and minorities in
United States today?
Which would blacks and minorities favor, as most important: yesterday's policies or today's policies?

It's 2015, not 1864...
Cries the idiot who lied by trying to claim I said racism is exclusively a southern issue. :eusa_doh:

I know it's difficult for you to understand, but this was 50 years ago...

It's 2015, earth to Faundy...

It's 2015, not 1864...

So? The south didn't suddenly stop being racist. Democrats were the party of racists because they were the predominant (doesn't mean all as you think it does) party in the south. Since then, the south is now predominantly Republican.

It's 2015, not 1864...

So? The south didn't suddenly stop being racist. Democrats were the party of racists because they were the predominant (doesn't mean all as you think it does) party in the south. Since then, the south is now predominantly Republican.

Hey dumbass, the North never stopped being racist either...

If you had graduated from kindergarten it might be something you could comprehend...

Racism is a WORLD WIDE PROBLEM, but you would need an IQ over 10 to understand, see if you can trade in your brain for a new one...

It's 2015, not 1864...

Hey dumbass, the North never stopped being racist either...

If you had graduated from kindergarten it might be something you could comprehend...

Racism is a WORLD WIDE PROBLEM, but you would need an IQ over 10 to understand, see if you can trade in your brain for a new one...
Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?? Where did I say racism doesn't exist in the north? Oh, wait ... I didn't. You're just another brain-dead conservative.

Forum List

Back