Pro-slavery party

Which major American political party is known for promoting slavery in America?

• Total voters
RWs are so simple minded.

It wasn't "Democrats". It was ultra-conservatives and at that time, they were in the Democrat party.

The real question is, if Democrats can learn, grow, evolve and change, why can't Republicans?
presidential-collectibles191.jpg

FDR instituted slavery in America.
By feeding starving people.
The bastard.
I presume you own a business that pays a fair wage and your employees don't need to be subsidized by Municipal, State or Federal programs.
Pleas correct me if I'm incorrect.
Actually he conscripted people by the thousands. Conscription is a particularly atrocious form of slavery. Really the most abhorrent form of slavery.

FDR took men against their will and sent them overseas where they were cut to pieces by German and Japanese machine guns and artillery.

That's just plain fucking evil.
If you live in a country, yet refuse to defend it, what does that say about you? Everyone has a DUTY to defend their country. If you don't like it, go live somewhere else.
This thread is not about your excuses to promote slavery, it's about which major political party in the US consistently promotes slavery.

It's the Democratic party.

RWs are so simple minded.

It wasn't "Democrats". It was ultra-conservatives and at that time, they were in the Democrat party.

The real question is, if Democrats can learn, grow, evolve and change, why can't Republicans?

The bastard.
I presume you own a business that pays a fair wage and your employees don't need to be subsidized by Municipal, State or Federal programs.
Actually he conscripted people by the thousands. Conscription is a particularly atrocious form of slavery. Really the most abhorrent form of slavery.

FDR took men against their will and sent them overseas where they were cut to pieces by German and Japanese machine guns and artillery.

If you live in a country, yet refuse to defend it, what does that say about you? Everyone has a DUTY to defend their country. If you don't like it, go live somewhere else.
This thread is not about your excuses to promote slavery, it's about which major political party in the US consistently promotes slavery.

I'm not promoting slavery. I agree with you about the democratic party. However, what would have happened if we didn't conscript all of those soldiers and sailors? Was it the right thing to do? The way I see it, it's the governments number one job to protect it's citizens. Could we have won the war without the draft? I don't think so.

The bastard.

I'm not promoting slavery. I agree with you about the democratic party. However, what would have happened if we didn't conscript all of those soldiers and sailors? Was it the right thing to do? The way I see it, it's the governments number one job to protect it's citizens. Could we have won the war without the draft? I don't think so.
We didn't have to get involved in the war in the first place.

The bastard.

We didn't have to get involved in the war in the first place.
Really? I beg to differ. If we hadn't gotten involved Germany would have taken over all of Europe. Eventually they would have come after us. Many more lives would have been lost, as a result. I believe that we also had a moral imperative to act. Evil should not be allowed to flourish.

So how did the Republican party lose all those black votes, and how did the Democrats acquire them?

---
Did the Republicans protest that??
Yes, they overwhelmingly voted against conscription.
---
So their relatives with good jobs (vs poor folks) would not have to serve their country?
That's a bizarre interpretation. How many leaps of logic did you use to come to that conclusion?
---
Good eye!
Yes, i used at least 2 "leaps" of logic.
1- Normally, young adults don't like the idea of playing soldier on the front lines with real bullets & explosives around them;
2- The wealthier citizens would not serve in the military on the front lines if they did not have to;
3- If the wealthier citizens were motivated to serve, they would have greater likelihood to NOT serve on the front lines;
4- The poorer unemployed adults would more likely join the military and have to serve on the front lines.

Yes, in a draft situation, many richer guys will also evade the front lines, but not as many, and there would be slightly more equality.
The military is not the only option for poor people. Nor is it exclusive to them. It is an option that is equally available to people of all economic backgrounds.

Your logic fails.

You are simply spewing a typical Democrat slavery apologist excuse.

But really the topic of this thread isn't to argue whether slavery is good or bad. It is to point out which major political party is known as being pro-slavery.

Arguments for or against slavery are a bit off-topic.
---
What logic fails?
You think uneducated inexperienced unskilled unemployed young people from poor families have many opportunities for employment?
Did you disagree with my #4 statement?
- The poorer unemployed adults would more likely join the military and have to serve on the front lines.

And I'm not a Democrat. Strike 2. I'm discussing simple economics & sociology.

Yes, they overwhelmingly voted against conscription.
---
So their relatives with good jobs (vs poor folks) would not have to serve their country?
That's a bizarre interpretation. How many leaps of logic did you use to come to that conclusion?
---
Good eye!
1- Normally, young adults don't like the idea of playing soldier on the front lines with real bullets & explosives around them;
2- The wealthier citizens would not serve in the military on the front lines if they did not have to;
3- If the wealthier citizens were motivated to serve, they would have greater likelihood to NOT serve on the front lines;
4- The poorer unemployed adults would more likely join the military and have to serve on the front lines.

Yes, in a draft situation, many richer guys will also evade the front lines, but not as many, and there would be slightly more equality.
The military is not the only option for poor people. Nor is it exclusive to them. It is an option that is equally available to people of all economic backgrounds.

Your logic fails.

But really the topic of this thread isn't to argue whether slavery is good or bad. It is to point out which major political party is known as being pro-slavery.

---
What logic fails?
You think uneducated inexperienced unskilled unemployed young people from poor families have many opportunities for employment?
- The poorer unemployed adults would more likely join the military and have to serve on the front lines.

Without being conscripted they would not have to join the military, period.

---
---
Good eye!

Your logic fails.

---
What logic fails?

And Germany would, most likely, rule all of Europe.

---
Good eye!

Your logic fails.

---
What logic fails?

That's mere speculation. And none of our business.

Hitler was fucked as soon as he attacked the Soviet Union.

---
Good eye!

Your logic fails.

---
What logic fails?

Can you really be that clueless? We had three world powers, Germany, Italy and Japan; trying to take over the free world. By not helping to defeat them, we would have been aiding them. Without our help they would have succeeded.

Your logic fails.

---
What logic fails?

Can you really be that clueless? We had three world powers, Germany, Italy and Japan; trying to take over the free world. By not helping to defeat them, we would have been aiding them. Without our help they would have succeeded.
So your attempt at apologetics for the Democrats imposing slavery upon the American people is to argue that we needed slavery to defend the "free world"? You don't seem to comprehend how fucking idiotic and contradictory that is. And your stupid ass has the audacity to call someone else "clueless".

Fighting in defense of the "free world" you say? I don't think you understand the concept.

Here's a clue for you, Mr. clueless idiot. If you are a slave, you are not free!

---
What logic fails?

So your attempt at apologetics for the Democrats imposing slavery upon the American people is to argue that we needed slavery to defend the "free world"? You don't seem to comprehend how fucking idiotic and contradictory that is. And your stupid ass has the audacity to call someone else "clueless".

Fighting in defense of the "free world" you say? I don't think you understand the concept.

Here's a clue for you, Mr. clueless idiot. If you are a slave, you are not free!
Ask yourself one simple question. Did Hitler need to be stopped? I'm not in favor of the draft. I prefer the all volunteer military we have now. I served myself. But Germany and Japan needed to be stopped. You say it wasn't our war. I disagree. Look at what's happening with islam today. They're taking over everywhere. Why? Because no one has the will to do what's necessary to stop them, and the entire world will pay a terrible price because of it. Just stop and think about what would have happened if we had responded then as we have today. I would make any sacrifice to stop those savages, because I know what will happen if we don't. It was pretty much the same scenario back then. And we needed the draft, right or wrong, to accomplish that goal.

Last edited:
So how did the Republican party lose all those black votes, and how did the Democrats acquire them?
Hoover couldn't keep his promises after the great flood. Huge numbers of blacks were in refugee camps run by racist southern Democrats. But Hoover was blamed, and he was a Republican.

Basically blacks started voting for Democrats out of pure ignorance.

Hoover couldn't keep his promises after the great flood. Huge numbers of blacks were in refugee camps run by racist southern Democrats. But Hoover was blamed, and he was a Republican.

Basically blacks started voting for Democrats out of pure ignorance.
Black people don't vote for Democrats out of pure ignorance. FDR and in particular Eleanor paid attention to blacks during the Great Depression, just as they paid attention to poor whites in that period. The Republicans had the black people in their corner after the Civil War but when the choice came to the poor or the wealthy, Republicans chose the wealth, and became the party for the wealthy. Hoover's promises were met by the RFC.

The question will test your knowledge of American history.

If you get this question wrong, then perhaps it would be wise to hit the library and educate yourself.

Here's a hint. It's the party who had a member introduce a bill in congress to reinstate slavery in the USA less than 3 years ago.

Can I buy another clue and ask for a link? thanks.
Here's another clue:

The pro-slavery party is also the party that forced thousands of Japanese-Americans into concentration camps via executive order.

---
You have a valid point about the wrongful internment of US citizens with Japanese descent, as well as German Americans & Italian Americans.

Did the Republicans protest those internments?

The Republican governor of California and later Chief Justice of the United States sure encouraged FDR to take steps to protect California from saboteurs as did many other Republicans. Imagine the Republican posts today if there had been sabotage and FDR had done nothing to prevent it.

If you get this question wrong, then perhaps it would be wise to hit the library and educate yourself.

Here's a hint. It's the party who had a member introduce a bill in congress to reinstate slavery in the USA less than 3 years ago.

Here's another clue:

The pro-slavery party is also the party that forced thousands of Japanese-Americans into concentration camps via executive order.

---
You have a valid point about the wrongful internment of US citizens with Japanese descent, as well as German Americans & Italian Americans.

The Republican governor of California and later Chief Justice of the United States sure encouraged FDR to take steps to protect California from saboteurs as did many other Republicans. Imagine the Republican posts today if there had been sabotage and FDR had done nothing to prevent it.

Bottom line, FDR threw Americans into prison.

Here's another clue:

---

---
... and the Republicans supported that internment strategy.

Here's another clue:

---

---
,,, and the Republicans supported that internment strategy.

Republicans were not in power, FDR threw Americans into concentration camps.

Here's another clue:

---

---
,,, and the Republicans supported that internment strategy.

Republicans were not in power, FDR threw Americans into concentration camps.
---
... and the Republicans encouraged it.

Forum List

Back