• Pro life

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Pro choice

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Depends.

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pro-choice in most situations, but I'm actually quite torn on the issue since recently reading about fetal development. However I believe the woman's right to her body overrules until the fetus is viable; It is, after all, essentially a parasite on her body until that time.

Define "viable" ...

Pro-choice in most situations, but I'm actually quite torn on the issue since recently reading about fetal development. However I believe the woman's right to her body overrules until the fetus is viable; It is, after all, essentially a parasite on her body until that time.

Define "viable" ...

Can survive outside of the womb

Just because I believe a woman has rights to believe somewhat different than I do, I am pro choice. Has to do with the whole small government thing.

Personally I am very thrilled protection worked and I never got the wrong girl pregnant. (I mean we are talking protection worked enough times to almost have to count on both hands lol)

Parasite? :cuckoo:

Uhhhhhmmmm yes. It is, by definition, a parasite. Sorry if it's not PC, but it's accurate nonetheless.

Has nothing to do about PC, and no, not accurate.

an organism that lives on or in an organism of another species, known as the host, from the body of which it obtains nutriment.
Parasite | Define Parasite at Dictionary.com

That's a typical term that some use - mostly I've heard trolls use it (not saying you are Cuyo) to flame the abortion threads cuz they know it will tick people off.

The baby lives off the mother, via the umbilical, is sheltered within her body, etc. - so, "parasite".

I didn't know the unborn were Democrats :dunno:

Maybe they need to unionize...

That's a typical term that some use - mostly I've heard trolls use it (not saying you are Cuyo) to flame the abortion threads cuz they know it will tick people off.

The baby lives off the mother, via the umbilical, is sheltered within her body, etc. - so, "parasite".

It's dependent upon the mother... Takes nutrients that would otherwise go to her, cannot survive without the host (mother), and poses a potential danger to her health.

Maybe parasite is an accurate description, maybe not. Some definitions specifically say "Another species," some just say "Another organism." The premise remains the same.

Can survive outside of the womb

With or without any support?

Is a preemie considered viable or no?
What about 'can survive outside the atmosphere'?

Can Grace survive XXXXXXX , outside the environment she naturally belongs in and is designed to survive in?

Youre ignoring your own thread you started to get my attention. Care to go back there and enlighten me?

And the homeless, the mentally ill, the elderly, disabled veterans...

Obviously - they are of no use, we don't need or want them, they do not fit into our lives, they are complications ... is that kind of what you're saying?

Oh, that's a good point, too.

I was just talking about people who can't fend for themselves- you know, non-viable parasites

But now that you mention people we don't want (*cougheugencismargaretsangercough*), we can add Democrats to the list, too :thup:

And the homeless, the mentally ill, the elderly, disabled veterans...

Obviously - they are of no use, we don't need or want them, they do not fit into our lives, they are complications ... is that kind of what you're saying?

I was just talking about people who can't fend for themselves- you know, non-viable parasites

But now that you mention people we don't want (*cougheugencismargaretsangercough*), we can add Democrats to the list, too :thup:

:rolleyes:

You two enjoying each other?

Amazing that political discourse never gets anywhere in this country...

:rolleyes:

You two enjoying each other?

she lives far :(
Amazing that political discourse never gets anywhere in this country...

Hey, they're not my arguments

I went with depends.

My personal feelings and my feelings about what should be legal or what is best for society sometimes differ.

Until there is a certain amount of development, I don't think of the fetus as a person. I don't know if we can accurately determine a point at which brain development would change my opinion from potential to person, so it's hard to give an exact time when I think abortion should no longer be accepted. I definitely do not think abortion should always be illegal.

Forum List

Back