What are you?

• I am Pro-Life

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I am Anti-Abortion

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I am Pro-choice

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
Contraception - n. prevention of fertilization of an ovum as by special devices or drugs.

Abstain - v. to voluntarilty do with out.

Why no, no it isn't.

Not a liar. just wrong.

No problem. Allie likes to name call. Liar is one of her favorite terms. Thank you for pointing out that abstinence may be birth control but is not contraception in the sense of allowing human beings to be sexual and not procreate.

It's not calling names, it's an observation of your lies.

You lie. Abstinence is contraception.

I provided the definition of contraception.

Contraception is not abstinence. Abstinence is the act of not having sex. When you don't have sex in order not to get pregnant it's called contraception.

Liar.
Stop calling me names. STOP CALLING ME LIAR. There are numerous definitions for contraception and some do not include abstinence.

(n) contraception, contraceptive method (birth control by the use of devices (diaphragm or intrauterine device or condom) or drugs or surgery)
WordNet home page
Contraception:

Here is your definition:

con·tra·cep·tion (kntr-spshn)
n.
Intentional prevention of conception or impregnation through the use of various devices, agents, drugs, sexual practices, or surgical procedures.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/contraception

Last edited:
No problem. Allie likes to name call. Liar is one of her favorite terms. Thank you for pointing out that abstinence may be birth control but is not contraception in the sense of allowing human beings to be sexual and not procreate.

Contraception is not abstinence. Abstinence is the act of not having sex. When you don't have sex in order not to get pregnant it's called contraception.

Liar.
Stop calling me names. There are numerous definitions for contraception and some do not include abstinence. I'm not lying.
(n) contraception, contraceptive method (birth control by the use of devices (diaphragm or intrauterine device or condom) or drugs or surgery)
WordNet home page
Contraception:

Here is your definition:

n.
Intentional prevention of conception or impregnation through the use of various devices, agents, drugs, sexual practices, or surgical procedures.
contraception - definition of contraception by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

I wouldn't call you a liar if you would just stop lying.

BTW, abstinence is a sexual practice. Not only are a liar, you're dim as well. Maybe your many lies are just accidental.

Liar.

Hmmm... your definition of Contraception and the one in the "Websters new world dictionary" july 2003 are different. So I suppose yours is right because your using it?

Thank you for pointing out that I am NOT a liar. There is more than one way to define contraception.

Good luck getting through to baba. She has a strong name calling habit.

How am I misrepresenting YOUR position? You are in favor of re-criminalizing abortion. Are you not?

You are telling me that I support abortion and I do not.

You are thinking in black and white, which is the position of a fanatic.

Are you even against abortion when it could save the life of the woman?

I AM NOT in favor of recriminalizing abortion because doing so will do nothing at all to reduce the number of abortions.

You are telling me that I do not support life and I do. You are more than happy to throw negative connotations on my point of view but God help anyone that would do so with your anti-choice point of view.

And I am for defending the life of the mother as well, if and when the life of the mother is actually in danger, which is actually the reason given in less than 3% of abortions. See the same page mentioned above.

Immie

Actually, since de-criminalizing abortion resulted in a huge and sustained increase in abortions (though we have no way to know exactly HOW many are really performed since PP refuses to disclose) it makes sense that criminalizing it will result in a decrease. People who think nothing of taking advantage of a legal procedure will think twice about seeking illegal assistance; and will either take the necessary precautions and not get pregnant in the first place, or deal with the consequences when they do.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you. With today's modern technology and nearly 40 years of government/Planned Parenthood/NOW etc propaganda promoting abortion making it illegal will not accomplish a doggone thing. Remember, we now have RU-486.

As for the statement that we have no way of knowing, well, we only think there are roughly 1 million abortions every year in the USA. For all we know, because they do not have to report them, there could be 5 million or more each year.

I don't think making it illegal will reduce the numbers at all. It will take education and a campaign for the defense of life to do that... a sustained campaign and a reasonable one with an emphasis on reasonable.

Also, I want to say here and now, that I have no problem with the pro-choice movement calling itself pro-choice. We all know what it means and I for one do not believe that most pro-choice people really want the abortion industry to thrive. Most "pro-choice" people I know, including Sky, are in the same camp I am. They want abortion numbers to decrease. Their stance, however, is that it is none of Uncle Sam's frigging business.

Immie

Liar.

Hmmm... your definition of Contraception and the one in the "Websters new world dictionary" july 2003 are different. So I suppose yours is right because your using it?

Thank you for pointing out that I am NOT a liar. There is more than one way to define contraception.

Excuse me, you said that abstinence was not contraception. So you have just, again, changed in midstream, proving, again, that you are dishonest and a liar.

Now you are saying there's more than one definition for contraception. Presumably, that means that abstinence CAN be considered contraception.

Thank you for showing us all how very honest you really are. Were you lying before, when you said abstinence isn't contraception; or are you lying now that you concede it could be?

Last edited:

Liar.
Stop calling me names. There are numerous definitions for contraception and some do not include abstinence. I'm not lying.
WordNet home page
Contraception:

Here is your definition:

n.
contraception - definition of contraception by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

BTW, abstinence is a sexual practice. Not only are a liar, you're dim as well. Maybe your many lies are just accidental.

Can you read? I provided another definition that did not include abstinence. I'm not saying you are wrong and I am right. I am saying there is more than one definition and if I choose the other one it doesn't mean I'm lying.

I see you added another name to your name calling list. Shall I summarize all the names you've called me so far?

bitch, liar, hypocrite, dishonest, multiple personality disorder, mental case, dim, retard, or your charming messages for me to 'fuck off' over and over again.

I am not calling you any names. Since you can't help yourself from doing so, I will just have to put you back on ignore.

Your posts to me are full of bitter, angry, unpleasant, abusive and mean statements.

Too bad. I like debating people who disagree with me but who are courteous.

Last edited:
How am I misrepresenting YOUR position? You are in favor of re-criminalizing abortion. Are you not?

You are telling me that I support abortion and I do not.

You are thinking in black and white, which is the position of a fanatic.

Are you even against abortion when it could save the life of the woman?

I AM NOT in favor of recriminalizing abortion because doing so will do nothing at all to reduce the number of abortions.

You are telling me that I do not support life and I do. You are more than happy to throw negative connotations on my point of view but God help anyone that would do so with your anti-choice point of view.

And I am for defending the life of the mother as well, if and when the life of the mother is actually in danger, which is actually the reason given in less than 3% of abortions. See the same page mentioned above.

Immie

Duly noted. That makes you moderate, not extremist. I didn't realize you were NOT in favor of recriminalizing. This makes you lean more in the pro-choice direction than the anti-abortion direction.

When you choose to use the collective term, 'our' in reference to the movement rather than your own personal feelings, it makes me think you're in league with Randall Terry.

Clearly, you are not.

That depends on Randall Terry's ultimate goals. If his real goals were to reduce the number of abortions, I would be on his side. If his real goals are to make political points and big bucks through Operation Rescue (although I think he has left their organization) campaigns then I could care less about him.

I do not think violence or hate will solve the problem. I think rational thought is the way to go. That and giving up on making true "pro-choice" people out to be the enemy.

Immie

PS Randall Terry is a fanatic. I do not think his methods are a solution to the cause.

WordNet home page
Contraception:

Here is your definition:

n.

Can you read? I provided another definition that did not include abstinence. I'm not saying you are wrong and I am right. I am saying there is more than one definition and if I choose the other one it doesn't mean I'm lying.

I see you added another name to your name calling list. Shall I summarize all the names you've called me so far?

bitch, liar, hypocrite, mental case, dim, retard, or your charming message for me to 'fuck off' numerous times.

I am not calling you any names. Since you can't help yourself from doing so, I will just have to put you back on ignore.

Those are all adjectives, Sky, that you have earned.

And you are still lying. You said that abstinence is not contraception. Furthermore, you said it was evidence of the depravity or sexual dysfunction of CHRISTIANS specifically, you whack job.

And you never had me on ignore. That's a lie as well.

Excuse me, you said that abstinence was not contraception. So you have just, again, changed in midstream, proving, again, that you are dishonest and a liar.

Now you are saying there's more than one definition for contraception. Presumably, that means that abstinence CAN be considered contraception.

Thank you for showing us all how very honest you really are. Were you lying before, when you said abstinence isn't contraception; or are you lying now that you concede it could be?

I was neither dishonest, nor a liar. I was merely using the other definition for contraception. I concede that your definition includes abstinence.

The point is that the fanatics in the movement are abstinence only proponents.

Last edited:

Immie

Duly noted. That makes you moderate, not extremist. I didn't realize you were NOT in favor of recriminalizing. This makes you lean more in the pro-choice direction than the anti-abortion direction.

When you choose to use the collective term, 'our' in reference to the movement rather than your own personal feelings, it makes me think you're in league with Randall Terry.

Clearly, you are not.

That depends on Randall Terry's ultimate goals. If his real goals were to reduce the number of abortions, I would be on his side. If his real goals are to make political points and big bucks through Operation Rescue (although I think he has left their organization) campaigns then I could care less about him.

I do not think violence or hate will solve the problem. I think rational thought is the way to go. That and giving up on making true "pro-choice" people out to be the enemy.

Immie

PS Randall Terry is a fanatic. I do not think his methods are a solution to the cause.

Thank you. Randall Terry's motivation may be pure but his methods are hateful. I hope you never choose his side.

"Some people argue that sexual abstinence is not a true form of birth control. But, birth control is any act, drug, or device that is intended to prevent pregnancy."
BIRTH CONTROL METHODS: Abstinence

Nice link and thank you.

I'm going to quote the entire paragraph though and make a comment about the underlined part of it:

Some people argue that sexual abstinence is not a true form of birth control. But, birth control is any act, drug, or device that is intended to prevent pregnancy. This means that choosing to abstain is really a contraceptive. Did you know that among teens, abstinence is the most popular method of birth control? Among people aged 15-19, fewer than half have ever had sex. Over one in ten women of reproductive age have never had sex at all.

I have to say that I believe that is not because they believe in abstinence, it is rather that they are too shy, or afraid they can't match up to their partner's previous experiences (even if the only previous experience is the right/left hand or non-existent) or some other feelings of inadequacy. So praising abstinence, though it may play a role is not exactly right. IMHO

Immie

Last edited:
Feminists for life is large, noisy anti-abortion, abstinence only group. The training manual I provided earlier in the thread is yet ANOTHER abstinence only extremist group.

Randall Terry of Operation Rescue thinks Christians should NEVER use abortion and have as many babies as they can to produce soldiers for his theocratic movement.

There are some fanatics out there in your camp.

Own them.

Sky, I might first suggest going over and reading my response in your "spiritual experiences" thread. That might give you a little better understanding of who and what I am.

There are fanatics out there in EVERY camp. There are just as many who would suggest that abortion-on-demand is a medical RIGHT that every woman should have, just like taking two aspirin to relieve a headache as there are those who will claim that no abortion should ever be performed.

I have an intersting viewpoint on this for one reason.... I COULD HAVE BEEN ONE OF THOSE ABORTED FETUSES. In early 1974, the doctors told my parents that there was a very good chance that the child my mother was carrying was going to have major, life-altering medical issues. The type that don't go away and can't be cured. It was suggested to them that it might not be such a terrible thing if the pregnancy didn't go to term. My parents were still relatively young. They'd only been married for about three and a half years. They could (and would) go on to have other children. Why burden themselves with a kid they might have to bury, or who might never be able to leave home? They chose not to look at alternative options. I'm in the top 5-10% of people with my condition educationally, socially, and professionally in the country, possibly in the world. All because they didn't take the easy way out.

"Some people argue that sexual abstinence is not a true formofbirthcontrol. But, birth control is any act, drug, or device that is intended to prevent pregnancy."
BIRTH CONTROL METHODS: Abstinence

Nice link and thank you.

I'm going to quote the entire paragraph though and make a comment about the underlined part of it:

Some people argue that sexual abstinence is not a true form of birth control. But, birth control is any act, drug, or device that is intended to prevent pregnancy. This means that choosing to abstain is really a contraceptive. Did you know that among teens, abstinence is the most popular method of birth control? Among people aged 15-19, fewer than half have ever had sex. Over one in ten women of reproductive age have never had sex at all.

I have to say that I believe that is not because they believe in abstinence, it is rather that they are too shy, or afraid they can't match up to their partner's previous experiences (even if the only previous experience is the right/left hand or non-existent) or some other feelings of inadequacy. So praising abstinence, though it may play a role is not exactly right. IMHO

Immie

Well I think it's right, but that's neither here nor there. All I'm saying is that Sky did say abstinence isn't birth control, and in fact is some weird voodoo that Christians only practice that is indicative of their sexual hang ups :)eusa_eh:)...and that was an incorrect (lying) statement. Which she has since revamped.now she states that she said that there are different definitions for contraception.

That's not what she said at all...so she's also lying when she says that.

And she knows it, which is why she isn't responding now. She always does this. She gets caught in a lie, tells me to quit calling her names, then pretends to put me on ignore so she doesn't have to address the lie.

Typical.

Feminists for life is large, noisy anti-abortion, abstinence only group. The training manual I provided earlier in the thread is yet ANOTHER abstinence only extremist group.

Randall Terry of Operation Rescue thinks Christians should NEVER use abortion and have as many babies as they can to produce soldiers for his theocratic movement.

There are some fanatics out there in your camp.

Own them.

Sky, I might first suggest going over and reading my response in your "spiritual experiences" thread. That might give you a little better understanding of who and what I am.

There are fanatics out there in EVERY camp. There are just as many who would suggest that abortion-on-demand is a medical RIGHT that every woman should have, just like taking two aspirin to relieve a headache as there are those who will claim that no abortion should ever be performed.

I have an intersting viewpoint on this for one reason.... I COULD HAVE BEEN ONE OF THOSE ABORTED FETUSES. In early 1974, the doctors told my parents that there was a very good chance that the child my mother was carrying was going to have major, life-altering medical issues. The type that don't go away and can't be cured. It was suggested to them that it might not be such a terrible thing if the pregnancy didn't go to term. My parents were still relatively young. They'd only been married for about three and a half years. They could (and would) go on to have other children. Why burden themselves with a kid they might have to bury, or who might never be able to leave home? They chose not to look at alternative options. I'm in the top 5-10% of people with my condition educationally, socially, and professionally in the country, possibly in the world. All because they didn't take the easy way out.

Well I'm certainly glad your parents opted not to kill you!

Trying to find clarity. Recently I have been involved in talks with people who claim to be "Pro-Life" in the "Anti-Abortion issue". Yet these people supported the war in Iraq, or support the death penalty.

It seems to me that if you are "Pro-Life" you are against war of any kind for any reason, against the death penalty in any form or for any reason, against leathal self defense, and a vegetarian. Anything other than that you are "Anti-something" i.e. anti-abortion, anti-death penalty, or anti war.

To all the pro-lifers please get your lable right as you tend to confuse others by mislabling yourself as pro life when you are not pro life at all, but anti abortion.

This gets me to thinking, I wonder how many people are actually "Pro life" instead of Anti-abortion?
Typical liberal spin.

There is a difference between going to war when you are attacked by radical terrorists, putting to death someone that butchers/rapes/mutilates fellow woman/man, and taking a 8 month old fetus out of the womb and stabbing it with scissors.

I hope this post has helped give you clarity in some small way.

Trying to find clarity. Recently I have been involved in talks with people who claim to be "Pro-Life" in the "Anti-Abortion issue". Yet these people supported the war in Iraq, or support the death penalty.

It seems to me that if you are "Pro-Life" you are against war of any kind for any reason, against the death penalty in any form or for any reason, against leathal self defense, and a vegetarian. Anything other than that you are "Anti-something" i.e. anti-abortion, anti-death penalty, or anti war.

To all the pro-lifers please get your lable right as you tend to confuse others by mislabling yourself as pro life when you are not pro life at all, but anti abortion.

This gets me to thinking, I wonder how many people are actually "Pro life" instead of Anti-abortion?

Do you see a similar disconnect between pro choice and dispariging women who have babies when they are told that there are potential health problems, like they did with Tim Tebow's mother a couple of years ago? Or are you simply a pro abortionist who refuses to admit that your attempt to simplify the issues is ridiculous.

Pro-life Super Bowl ad sparks controversy : The Mommy Files

Well, your conclusions on ware people stand on an issue are just that opinions, and we know what they say about those right ? And your conclusion only apply to you, as such YOUR labels mean nothing to anyone but you and no one will convince you otherwise.

The point is this...If I tell you I drive a green ford but really I drive a blue Honda then I have mislead you into thinking something that isn't true. It is the same with Pro life, Pro life means one thing and Anti abortion means another. To say you are Pro life when you are not is misleading.

So is saying pro choice when you are not, yet you have no problem with those people.

Do not believe in Abortion, and believe it is wrong. I will not attack people for having it done, and will not suggest their (originally said 'accuse' but figured it didn't make sense to accuse someone going to hell) going to Hell, not my place to judge them for their actions, I leave that too God, have a great day :).

Forum List

Back