Pretty damning poll for Hindin' Biden

Oh stop. LOL

Really, I've no doubt Trump is tanking with all but the Trumpanzees. But whether Joe's gonna get any turnout ….. I dunno.

Trump's running a negative campaign to accuse Biden of what Trump's actually done, and it's a classic strategy to foreclose turnout …. worked for HW and Obama. So far, the only reason Biden's given for someone to vote for him is that he's not Trump. I just don't see how that can be enough, esp when Trump's running divisive issues towards the suburban women and Bernie voters.
I think the entire election is going to come down to how much the public hates Trump. Hate seems to be pretty effective at driving people to the polls particularly when you are facing a candidate like Trump.

Biden is damn near a non-issue at this point. He is handing the election over to Trump to dictate and that is a horrific strategy considering ousting Trump should be a walk in the park. A bigger concern is going to be the debates if Biden does not try, or is unable, to wiggle out of them. Every time I see or hear him it looks worse. By the time the debates roll around it might be a bloodbath.

The other problem is that Trump is asininely good at leveraging social media, something that has almost entirely gone unnoticed. As much as this outbreak damages his image, it shifts a TON of influence to social media campaigns.

Oh stop. LOL

Really, I've no doubt Trump is tanking with all but the Trumpanzees. But whether Joe's gonna get any turnout ….. I dunno.

Trump's running a negative campaign to accuse Biden of what Trump's actually done, and it's a classic strategy to foreclose turnout …. worked for HW and Obama. So far, the only reason Biden's given for someone to vote for him is that he's not Trump. I just don't see how that can be enough, esp when Trump's running divisive issues towards the suburban women and Bernie voters.

c post 13
It's more likely to be around 500K or more dead by the election. I admit its hard to see a reason why any living person would vote for Trump, but even assuming his base is only 40,000,000 he will still win the EC even if Biden draws 3 million more votes. If Biden only draws the same as Hillary it may not be pleasant.

Oh stop. LOL

I think the entire election is going to come down to how much the public hates Trump. Hate seems to be pretty effective at driving people to the polls particularly when you are facing a candidate like Trump.

Biden is damn near a non-issue at this point. He is handing the election over to Trump to dictate and that is a horrific strategy considering ousting Trump should be a walk in the park. A bigger concern is going to be the debates if Biden does not try, or is unable, to wiggle out of them. Every time I see or hear him it looks worse. By the time the debates roll around it might be a bloodbath.

The other problem is that Trump is asininely good at leveraging social media, something that has almost entirely gone unnoticed. As much as this outbreak damages his image, it shifts a TON of influence to social media campaigns.
yeah, Trump's social media will draw out his crazies, and pillory possible Biden supporters with fake scandals. And Biden seems clueless. I truly hate Bernie Sanders. the dems didn't need a candidate with name recognition, just sanity and a functioning brain.

Oh stop. LOL

yeah, Trump's social media will draw out his crazies, and pillory possible Biden supporters with fake scandals. And Biden seems clueless. I truly hate Bernie Sanders. the dems didn't need a candidate with name recognition, just sanity and a functioning brain.
ROFLMAO.

Now THAT is the unadulterated truth. I cannot fathom how the democrats got stuck with Biden - possible the ONLY candidate that could be considered worse than Hillary 2016. Then again, I cannot fathom how the Republicans got stuck with Trump either.

I think the Trump phenomena showed the Democrats just how asininely crazy it is to ignore the crazy person with a loyal voting block in the primaries - all you really need is 30 percent to take a primary with a wide field. They, however, over reacted by going with Biden so late in the game when what they needed to do, IMHO, was simply block out most of those candidates from the gate and gather some sane people. The other mistake I would chalk this up to is fielding a number of candidates for no other reason than to check off the PC political boxes aka Warren, Pete and Harris who were absolutely abysmal candidates and that should have been blatantly obvious from the get go. It was a rather poor field this time around IMHO which does explain why Biden who has lost a bid for president numerous times managed to beat them all out.

The democrats can recover though and, contrary to the partisans out there, Trump winning a second term will not end the world as we know it. I am unsure if the republicans can recover though - so much of the party has been dragged into Trumpism that digging out of it may actually prove impossible.

Well, I'm not sure that another 4 years will not end the US as we know it simply because we've evolved from what the Founders intended as a Republic with three coequal branches to a "unitary president" who wields power reserved for the to the two. And that's not all Trump's fault, but he and Barr are expanding it.

but the dems just didn't have the courage to confront Bernie. No one wins the primaries without the Southern Blacks. So to win, you have to be black or a white southerner who can appeal to blacks. Bernie is neither, and he could not win a nomination, but the dems feared alienating his supporters. And I'm not sure those folks actually will ever vote dem in a November election.

Maybe a white governor of a state like Ca or Ill could win a nomination if he was popular with blacks in his/her state. NY, maybe, but if it weren't for Trump, Cuomo would look real ethnic. LOL

Majorities disapprove of Trump's "performance" on Corvid19 and think his econ policies favor large corps and the rich … and he's still beating Biden.

Biden might want to try this new fangled thing called the internet and social media. I'm sure his basement is very comfy, but still he might actually give an effort

Keep hope alive deplorable...

1588887510520.png

Well, I'm not sure that another 4 years will not end the US as we know it simply because we've evolved from what the Founders intended as a Republic with three coequal branches to a "unitary president" who wields power reserved for the to the two. And that's not all Trump's fault, but he and Barr are expanding it.

but the dems just didn't have the courage to confront Bernie. No one wins the primaries without the Southern Blacks. So to win, you have to be black or a white southerner who can appeal to blacks. Bernie is neither, and he could not win a nomination, but the dems feared alienating his supporters. And I'm not sure those folks actually will ever vote dem in a November election.

Maybe a white governor of a state like Ca or Ill could win a nomination if he was popular with blacks in his/her state. NY, maybe, but if it weren't for Trump, Cuomo would look real ethnic. LOL
The pooling of power within the presedency is a problem, I agree, but I don't see trump as any better or worse than any other presedent out there. Hell, Obama was actually far worse in that catagory IMHO and is one of the reasons why Trump has managed to do so much damage. Obama operating from the pen rather than Congress allowed Trump to undo all sorts of things that Obama did by fiat. When given the true oppertunity to take serious power during this outbreak he has largely backed off even with the democrats calling for him to essentially act like a dictator. Trump, for the most part, just wants to take a picture rather than actually weild power. Power takes work.

As for what a democrat needs to win, not sure that race really matters tbh. Sure, you can drive out larger numbers of black voters in the south but the singular focus on that sliver of the voting population in the democratic party is nonsensical to me. The Obama effect was a one time deal because of the historic change that moment represented. People would vote for Obama that never voted before, never will again and do so without knowing a single position or vote Obama ever made. I don't see that happeneing again untill we have a viable female candidate. Black voters are going democrat no matter what anyway until the Republicans can figure out where they went so wrong with their minority messaging and that is not even on the horizon at this point. I see most of the candidates alienating 80% of the nation in a bid to attract 12% that are already with them - it is crazy. I think almost every single contender on that stage was all about reparations during the primary, a policy position almost universally rejected and one that is universally rejected any time an actual proposition is made. You had Harris actually try and charge Biden, of all people, as racist. It was truly crazy.

I think that the democrat party simply needs to purge the Sanders block from the party, period. They are corrosive and destructive to the party as a whole. There is a reason that Trump has tried so hard to make AOC the face people think of when someone says democrat - she and Sanders represent a tiny slice of the voting block that the majority of the US outright rejects. They make really easy targets. It's not like they are going to come out in droves for Biden or any reasonable candidate no matter what they say or do and it is also not likely they are going to vote for a republican under any circumstances.

The right has the same problem. The white supremacists are a blood sucking tick on the Republican's ass they just refuse to squash out of fear of losing votes. IMHO, both parties are loosing many more people by giving the fringe idiots a nod. At least the democrats did not let their populist guide the entire party.

The pooling of power within the presedency is a problem, I agree, but I don't see trump as any better or worse than any other presedent out there. Hell, Obama was actually far worse in that catagory IMHO and is one of the reasons why Trump has managed to do so much damage. Obama operating from the pen rather than Congress allowed Trump to undo all sorts of things that Obama did by fiat. When given the true oppertunity to take serious power during this outbreak he has largely backed off even with the democrats calling for him to essentially act like a dictator. Trump, for the most part, just wants to take a picture rather than actually weild power. Power takes work.

As for what a democrat needs to win, not sure that race really matters tbh. Sure, you can drive out larger numbers of black voters in the south but the singular focus on that sliver of the voting population in the democratic party is nonsensical to me. The Obama effect was a one time deal because of the historic change that moment represented. People would vote for Obama that never voted before, never will again and do so without knowing a single position or vote Obama ever made. I don't see that happeneing again untill we have a viable female candidate. Black voters are going democrat no matter what anyway until the Republicans can figure out where they went so wrong with their minority messaging and that is not even on the horizon at this point. I see most of the candidates alienating 80% of the nation in a bid to attract 12% that are already with them - it is crazy. I think almost every single contender on that stage was all about reparations during the primary, a policy position almost universally rejected and one that is universally rejected any time an actual proposition is made. You had Harris actually try and charge Biden, of all people, as racist. It was truly crazy.

I think that the democrat party simply needs to purge the Sanders block from the party, period. They are corrosive and destructive to the party as a whole. There is a reason that Trump has tried so hard to make AOC the face people think of when someone says democrat - she and Sanders represent a tiny slice of the voting block that the majority of the US outright rejects. They make really easy targets. It's not like they are going to come out in droves for Biden or any reasonable candidate no matter what they say or do and it is also not likely they are going to vote for a republican under any circumstances.

The right has the same problem. The white supremacists are a blood sucking tick on the Republican's ass they just refuse to squash out of fear of losing votes. IMHO, both parties are loosing many more people by giving the fringe idiots a nod. At least the democrats did not let their populist guide the entire party.
Largely I agree on the general trend towards a unitarian president. Bernie is the center of the problem - he's not a democrat. Why do they let him run? As you said, Trump wants AOC to be the dem party. She'll drive away the suburban moms who voted for W, and then turned on him, and then abandoned Hillary.

We had a period of three parties. And even a period of only one "big" party with different factions. But John Anderson voters (like me) were assimilated into the gop. The Perot voters may have voted for Clinton in 96 and W in 2000. LOL

I'm not sure voters really centered on issues with Slick v. HW. There wasn't much difference, but there'd been a recession. Voters never really liked Reagan's tax positions until the economy took off, and that was not 'just' because of taxes. But Reagan looked better than Carter, who was tired, on the stage. JFK won on charisma not issues. So, I don't really thing the race thing was all Obama had going. In some ways, the charges of Jesse Jackson that Obama was just acceptable to whites was not all wrong. Obama didn't do much social justice till late in his second term.

if only perfectly normal people were polled,,,,Trump would be ahead by 50 points

Largely I agree on the general trend towards a unitarian president. Bernie is the center of the problem - he's not a democrat. Why do they let him run? As you said, Trump wants AOC to be the dem party. She'll drive away the suburban moms who voted for W, and then turned on him, and then abandoned Hillary.

We had a period of three parties. And even a period of only one "big" party with different factions. But John Anderson voters (like me) were assimilated into the gop. The Perot voters may have voted for Clinton in 96 and W in 2000. LOL

I'm not sure voters really centered on issues with Slick v. HW. There wasn't much difference, but there'd been a recession. Voters never really liked Reagan's tax positions until the economy took off, and that was not 'just' because of taxes. But Reagan looked better than Carter, who was tired, on the stage. JFK won on charisma not issues. So, I don't really thing the race thing was all Obama had going. In some ways, the charges of Jesse Jackson that Obama was just acceptable to whites was not all wrong. Obama didn't do much social justice till late in his second term.
Fear. That is the only reason I can find that they let Sanders run. They are afraid of the communist wing of the democrat party in the same manner that the right is in fear of the nationalist wing. Both seem to think those voters are necessary for victory.

Sure, Obama also had the absolute train wreck that was Bush Jr. that also led to his election as well as a keen mind on the shifting political realities around social media. My point was not really that was his only thing that got him in office, it was that the dems seem to think that they can recreate that fervor and turnout among black voters Obama had. You still hear comparisons between the 2008 election and the coming 2020 election as though those conditions can be met again.

Forum List

Back