Press One For English

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEJfS1v-fU0]YouTube - Press One For English[/ame]

Thanks again for another nice post Froggy,
I never could understand how in America we citizens have to press 1 for English, absolute bull'chit'. Why not press 1 for Spanish, 2 for French 3 for German and yada yada, after 10 minutes of BS and 50 languages later maybe we'll forget why we called. :tongue:

I noticed some now say in Spanish immediately press numero dos or something. Nothing about English.

That's my next question, who's country is it? Ours or theirs? Theirs being all others not singling out Spanish. :eek:

I did an experiment a while back I called 3 or 4 different companies and got the same results.

I used 2 phones, dialed the main number, I pressed one for English and waited on hold for an average of 4 minutes for each company till a live person came on, when I pressed 2 for Spanish at each of theses companies I got a live person Immediately, that is Discrimination!!

I did an experiment a while back I called 3 or 4 different companies and got the same results.

I used 2 phones, dialed the main number, I pressed one for English and waited on hold for an average of 4 minutes for each company till a live person came on, when I pressed 2 for Spanish at each of theses companies I got a live person Immediately, that is Discrimination!!

Interesting. Sounds like something for John Stossel to investigate.

Last edited:

You don't think it had anything to do with the fact that the majority of callers are English?

You don't think it had anything to do with the fact that the majority of callers are English?

That's preposterous.

---

Either way, when I'm in Canada they take turns on whether English or French is 1; Spanish is sometimes 3 or 4 or 5, here in Costa Rica sometimes I have to press 1 for Spanish because 2 is for English.

Who gives a fuck? The "Founding Fathers" didn't. They didn't even put in the Constitution. Aren't you people all about the Constitution?

Forum List

Back