Woman Shamed For Speaking Spanish

There is still a price of "admission". And you can either cover the cost. Or not. They sometimes only require sweat equity via gym time. But you'll pay according to thier schedule. Or go home alone...
You think men who work out the gym only do so as a ā€œprice of admissionā€ for sex?

Thatā€™s actually kind of sad

For the life of me, I cannot understand why ALL Americans do not push for the one thing that ties us together, and that is language.

Like it or not English is still BY FAR the most commonly used language in this country, and it would be a lot easier to expect those who do not speak it, to learn it AND USE IT!

Instead, we have the usual, diversity BS that the left pushes on everyone they meet.

... it would be a lot easier to expect those who do not speak it, to learn it AND USE IT!

Non-native speakers DO work very hard to learn it. People CAN speak any language they want with anyone who speaks the same language.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why ALL Americans do not push for the one thing that ties us together, and that is language.

Like it or not English is still BY FAR the most commonly used language in this country, and it would be a lot easier to expect those who do not speak it, to learn it AND USE IT!

Instead, we have the usual, diversity BS that the left pushes on everyone they meet.
It took a generation or two before the old Italian, polish etc immigrants became fluent in English.

Itā€™s usually the children of the immigrants who are the first to be fluent. It was true back then and itā€™s true today.

Once one becomes an adult, it becomes much more difficult to learn a new language. Not impossible, of course. But much harder.

Itā€™s a myth that the 19th and early 20th century immigrants discarded their old languages for English shortly after arriving here. Itā€™s not that simple.

Americans should look at Europe for inspiration and encourage teaching second and even third languages in school.

Once one becomes an adult, it becomes much more difficult to learn a new language. Not impossible, of course. But much harder.
Not more difficult. Less likely, but not more difficult.

I do understand spoken Mexican. Two Mexicans were making jokes about their girlfriends' butts. It was dirty and funny, I laughed and they were offended that I understood them. LOL

Forum List

Back