Phobias

Sherry

You're not the boss of me
Mar 28, 2009
some beach
Mine are bees and wasps.:(

Bees_and_Wasps.jpg

I hate spiders and yellow jackets, wasps and hornets(YJ's)......... The worse..spiders. I do take up close pics of all of them BTW and have for years, wildlife in general, I shall post them one day.
That is all........:tongue:

I get sweaty-palmed when heights are involved. Not flying, though. Go figure. But bridges (if I'm on foot; not so much in a car) and haystacks, rooftops, those things get to me. I don't know if it's a phobia, I can still bring myself to get up on top of the haystack. I just can't stand up.

Even watching movies where people are hanging off something...like in Ace Ventura When Nature Calls, when the raccoon and Jim are hanging, my palms start to sweat and my heart races. I KNOW it's fake, I just can't help it.

I get sweaty-palmed when heights are involved. Not flying, though. Go figure. But bridges (if I'm on foot; not so much in a car) and haystacks, rooftops, those things get to me. I don't know if it's a phobia, I can still bring myself to get up on top of the haystack. I just can't stand up.

Even watching movies where people are hanging off something...like in Ace Ventura When Nature Calls, when the raccoon and Jim are hanging, my palms start to sweat and my heart races. I KNOW it's fake, I just can't help it.

The you won't attend a 3D sense around sound mega screen movie flying through the Grand Canyon or the Alps with force feedback chairs that shake and vibrate huh? Flying never bothered me, did it for a few years, but I still hate damn spiders. :eek:

The thing is...I LOVE to watch those movies!
I would like to be a mountain climber, if I wasn't old, overweight and probably prone to edema.

Mine is heights also, I can only get up on ladder to the 2nd step. I went to see the Grand Canyon and almost shook myself to death over the edge. Had to grab on to the railing and pull my self back. It was total terror!!!

Being barefoot in the subway.

I can't imagine a situation in which this might occur, but it does give me the creeps nonetheless.

Spiders. I'm better than I used to be but . . . just typing this my toes are curled up.

Sherry - - - :ack-1: :ack-1: :ack-1: :ack-1: :ack-1: Why'd you have to go and post that pic? OMG, I can't even look at it. Maybe I'm not better than I used to be when it comes to these creepy crawlers. (my toes are starting to cramp, must leave this thread!)

We post so much information about ourselves on the net. Message boards have become communities of sorts, and possibly a serial killers playground. Most people at least know our first names and the states we live in, sometimes the counties or cities...some enterprising young male between the specified ages could easily research someone's posts on this board and come up with a pretty clear map to where they hang out after work, what and where they'd be likely to eat, or when their spouses are away. And what would really scare the shit out of them :eusa_whistle:

I use the term PHOBIAE.

Spiders.

I happened to scroll quickly down and saw your picture of a spider on a TP roll.

It made me heart stop.

I will not venture into this thread again.

And to anyone who tries to exploit my weakness...you are very, very cruel.

Forum List

Back