President Trump orders put a Stop to it immediately

If a society isn't moral, it can't maintain a democratic government for long. It will always break down into authoritarian factions.

I'm not sure I understand your point. What is it about using certain chemicals or intoxicants for recreational purposes that make it immoral?
The fact that they rob steal and kill to do drugs?

Doesn't the high price of the drugs due to the fact that they are illegal cause most of that? You don't see winos robbing and killing too much because wine can be bought really cheap.
Moron drugs ARE cheap. The problem is that most drugs cause the addict to need more as time goes by forcing them to use more and more and unable to hold a job the only way to get the money is to steal it.

I don't believe your theory.

Many of us have already watched it all happen to people we know. You are apparently oblivious to what happens to addicts, their children and their grandchildren and what those people are willing to do in order to maintain and increase their so called "high" and feed their addictions.

President Trump said China has broken the promise to stop shipments of the synthetic opioid fentanyl from coming into the US and had ordered Amazon, FedEx and UPS to search shipments for the drug. “Fentanyl kills 100,000 Americans a year. President Xi said this would stop - it didn’t,” he wrote on Twitter.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

....all deliveries of Fentanyl from China (or anywhere else!). Fentanyl kills 100,000 Americans a year. President Xi said this would stop - it didn’t. Our Economy, because of our gains in the last 2 1/2 years, is MUCH larger than that of China. We will keep it that way!

7:59 AM - 23 Aug 2019

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
Trump is a ridiculous idiot.

He doesn’t have the authority to ‘compel’ private companies to do anything – ‘immediately’ or otherwise.
He has every right to speak it if he so desire to do so. Just as you have every right to bitch about it and be called out for being an ignoramous a twit.
I suppose he can make all the useless gestures he wants to.
And you can keep on bitching and believe it is "useless" is you so desire.
Explain how Trump simply telling the China and the shipping industry to quit sending drugs is going to do a damned thing. There is no solution to our national drug problem other than shrinking the demand.

The drug dealers will just pass the cost down to the junkies......

But in reality, authoritarians have been at war with their citizens who use intoxicants for recreational purposes for centuries. The people are still winning.

Even it he could stop the flow from China, the demand would be filled by some entrepreneur somehow.

Trumpybear is just using it as another prop.
If a society isn't moral, it can't maintain a democratic government for long. It will always break down into authoritarian factions.

I'm not sure I understand your point. What is it about using certain chemicals or intoxicants for recreational purposes that make it immoral?

Doesn't the high price of the drugs due to the fact that they are illegal cause most of that? You don't see winos robbing and killing too much because wine can be bought really cheap.

Interestingly enough Blind Boo, when CO first legalized it for recreational use, it was running around 90 bucks for 1/4 oz. When I went up there a couple of months ago, I bought a whole oz of really good Sativa for around 60 bucks.

420 shops are springing up like mushrooms all over the place, and the competition is causing prices for marijuana products to drop.

Mushrooms springing up in Denver?

Ya don't say!

President Trump said China has broken the promise to stop shipments of the synthetic opioid fentanyl from coming into the US and had ordered Amazon, FedEx and UPS to search shipments for the drug. “Fentanyl kills 100,000 Americans a year. President Xi said this would stop - it didn’t,” he wrote on Twitter.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

....all deliveries of Fentanyl from China (or anywhere else!). Fentanyl kills 100,000 Americans a year. President Xi said this would stop - it didn’t. Our Economy, because of our gains in the last 2 1/2 years, is MUCH larger than that of China. We will keep it that way!

7:59 AM - 23 Aug 2019

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
Trump is a ridiculous idiot.

He doesn’t have the authority to ‘compel’ private companies to do anything – ‘immediately’ or otherwise.
He has every right to speak it if he so desire to do so. Just as you have every right to bitch about it and be called out for being an ignoramous a twit.
I suppose he can make all the useless gestures he wants to.
And you can keep on bitching and believe it is "useless" is you so desire.
Explain how Trump simply telling the China and the shipping industry to quit sending drugs is going to do a damned thing. There is no solution to our national drug problem other than shrinking the demand.
Not by power or might but by my Spirit sayeth the Lord of Hosts. Thoughts and words have wings/spirit whether you believe that or not.

Moron drugs ARE cheap. The problem is that most drugs cause the addict to need more as time goes by forcing them to use more and more and unable to hold a job the only way to get the money is to steal it.

Many of us have already watched it all happen to people we know. You are apparently oblivious to what happens to addicts, their children and their grandchildren and what those people are willing to do in order to maintain and increase their so called "high" and feed their addictions.

I've known many. They have to hide in the shadows, and steal their children's inheritance to pay the outrageous prices the pill mills charge, because they are addicts 24/7, not recreational users.

I've known many. They have to hide in the shadows, and steal their children's inheritance to pay the outrageous prices the pill mills charge, because they are addicts 24/7, not recreational users.

Those addicts started out using for recreation.

Addiction isn't a one size fits all kind of thing, and the reasons people get addicted to various substances are many and varied.

If you are talking about the heroin crisis, that was caused by Big Pharma saying that opiates were safe and non addicting. When they over prescribed the medicine, but then suddenly cut off the patient, the patient turns to other things that work like the pills they were on, and that is heroin. Why do they turn to heroin? Because withdrawl from opiates is painful and hard. They end up sick to their stomach with joint pain and are jittery as hell. The only thing they know of that will stop them from being sick is another form of opiate.

Could you imagine all those Republicans in Appalachia going through withdrawals at the same time? It would be chaos.
It’s cheaper to just keep giving them drugs.

Could you imagine all those Republicans in Appalachia going through withdrawals at the same time? It would be chaos.
It’s cheaper to just keep giving them drugs.

If you have the VICE channel on your cable provider, I recommend watching a program called "Weedequette", and find the one that talks about them using cannabis and cannabis products to help with opiate addiction. They are doing it up in VT, and it appears to be fairly successful. The normal rate for recovery from heroin and opiates is around 8 percent. These people have been treating addicts with marijuana and THC oils and edibles. Why? Because a really good Indica relaxes the body, eases pain, stimulates appetite, and allows you to go to sleep.

And, the really cool thing about it is that while they are able to successfully treat the patients and keep them from going through withdrawl by using marijuana, which is not physically addictive (meaning no withdrawl symptoms), and after they feel good about being away from opiates, they can stop the cannabis if they so desire.

Interestingly enough, the success rate for the people treating addicts with marijuana is around 60 percent.

Addiction isn't a one size fits all kind of thing, and the reasons people get addicted to various substances are many and varied.

If you are talking about the heroin crisis, that was caused by Big Pharma saying that opiates were safe and non addicting. When they over prescribed the medicine, but then suddenly cut off the patient, the patient turns to other things that work like the pills they were on, and that is heroin. Why do they turn to heroin? Because withdrawl from opiates is painful and hard. They end up sick to their stomach with joint pain and are jittery as hell. The only thing they know of that will stop them from being sick is another form of opiate.
You are talking out your ass when you claim it was caused by Big Pharma saying that opiates were safe and non addicting.

I will agree with you that there are many variations and causes but we currently have many generational drug addicts. Many of their moms and dads were druggies but not all. Some just got started young because they were broken and demon filled from some form of a glitch in their upbringing and they would not just say no as they saw others getting high on their way to school. Don't ask me why there were so many professionals Coc-heads back in the 80's because I have no clue other than they loved the party life in their colleges and they got stuck in that mod.

I have a dear family friend that was a Heroine addict for several years back in the 70's. She didn't take opiates or anything else to get clean. Her grandmother though played a pivotal part in her upbringing and granny was a firm believer and did a lot of praying for her grandchildren and so did her daughter. If my friend had not had that family her children would have fallen victim to that same beast that consumes many of the poor but they didn't.

You know, when it comes down to who is going to be in office longer, Xi or Trump, Trump loses badly. Xi has been appointed president for life.

Trump can't play a long game like that.
------------------------------------------- the main thing that XI has to fear is DEATH by Assassination if he messes up on this trade issues . Trump will just go back to his Luxury Hotel , his rapidly growing Son and his good looking Wife and Family BSailor . [according to 'china expert' Gordon Chang today in an interview on some early morning news show] BSailor .

Forum List

Back