President Obama warns Libya might face Military action

I'm confused. When did the left become "warmongers"? Maybe you were being sarcastic but I thought it was always the left that used to accuse the right of being warmongers.

They do. But reality puts says they have started 65% of our wars.

It took a lot of research, then I did come across a link that comfirmed it.

Here's 2;
Clinton; Somalia
JFK; Veit Nam

of course, they will tell you "That's different", then wonder into some excuse only they think is true.

Not that there is much difference between the two parties and our foreign interventionist policies but......

United States President George Bush responded to Security Council resolution 794 (1992) with a decision on 4 December to initiate Operation Restore Hope, under which the United States would assume the unified command of the new operation in accordance with resolution 794(1992). The Secretary-General communicated to President Bush on 8 December his concept of a division of labour between the United Nations and the United States in the following terms: "The United States has undertaken to take the lead in creating the secure environment which is an inescapable condition for the United Nations to provide humanitarian relief and promote national reconciliation and economic reconstruction, objectives which have from the outset been included in the various Security Council resolutions on Somalia."

Vietnam War was caused by the French trying to revive their empire after WWII. After Ho Chi Mihn defeated them.... The Geneva Accords divide Vietnam in half at the 17th parallel, with Ho Chi Minh's Communists ceded the North, while Bao Dai's regime is granted the South. The accords also provide for elections to be held in all of Vietnam within two years to reunify the country. The U.S. opposes the unifying elections, fearing a likely victory by Ho Chi Minh.

Not the first time the US opposes democracy in favor of authoritarian dictators or military strong men.

The History Place - Vietnam War

Kennedy did keep up US involvement while he was in office. It was a democrat who escallated the war by finally deploying combat troops in march of 1965.

This isn't specifically a riposte to your comment (which I found interesting), but I do worry that every time we look back over our shoulders, it is less from a desire to learn lessons from the past and more from a need to ascribe blame in the present - a rather futile activity while most people seem to cling dogmatically to entrenched positions.

In about 4 years on this board I can probably count on the fingers of one foot the number of times I've seen one person change the opinion of another by using blame as a debating strategy.

There you go conservatives. He said it. If they don't comply with the UN (which is likely), we are going to war.

Now lets see you disagree with war.

They already are! The neocon punditry on the radio today did an about-face and criticized Obama for being "selective" about what nation we go after...insinuating that Obama is reluctant to go after countries with Islamic despots :confused:...as if the US military can play policeman all over the world when it damn pleases while being in Iraq and Afghanistan on a purely voluntary army basis.

Hypocrisy and just out right lying seem to be the neocon right wing's watchword when it comes to Obama. No matter what Obama does, they are against him even when he agrees with them.

Forum List

Back