President Obama warns Libya might face Military action

JFK_USA

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2009
There you go conservatives. He said it. If they don't comply with the UN (which is likely), we are going to war.

Now lets see you disagree with war.

Do you define a war as air strikes that amount to little more than a police action?

There you go conservatives. He said it. If they don't comply with the UN (which is likely), we are going to war.

Not sure yet that US military are getting involved. At present it appears to be France and Britain. Or maybe he was using "we" in a collective sense - I didn't hear the speech.

And (FuelRod is right), it's a long way from war.

Not sure yet that US military are getting involved. At present it appears to be France and Britain. Or maybe he was using "we" in a collective sense - I didn't hear the speech.

We are broke. We cannot afford to fight someone else's battle, anyway.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize.

Where have you been? The GOP and conservative groups ran on they very platform in the 2010 elections.

We have never been a winner when we get involved in another countries internal affairs. You can not point to one country. We need to stay the hell of of this conflict. We don't need their oil and if BHO had not stopping the drilling we would have been a lot closer to energy independence. We know wind power does not work because we have had nothing for 2 years but hot air coming out of Washington and look where we are today.

Well congrates Progs!!

Your dumb fuck UN is going to drag us into yet another fight. If anyone thinks the warmongering left will let it stop at just air strikes, you are sadly mistaken.

the only edge we will have in this is that it is soldiers in uniform against soldiers in uniform.

Fuck lybia and fuck the lybians

Before they were getting thier asses handed to them we were the Great Satan, and the day after we are done winning this for them, we will be the Great Satan.

And please remeber, this scum supported the murder of Americans, they support terror, and danced in the streets on 9/12

Well congrates Progs!!

Your dumb fuck UN is going to drag us into yet another fight. If anyone thinks the warmongering left will let it stop at just air strikes, you are sadly mistaken.

the only edge we will have in this is that it is soldiers in uniform against soldiers in uniform.

Before they were getting thier asses handed to them we were the Great Satan, and the day after we are done winning this for them, we will be the Great Satan.

And please remeber, this scum supported the murder of Americans, they support terror, and danced in the streets on 9/12

I'm confused. When did the left become "warmongers"? Maybe you were being sarcastic but I thought it was always the left that used to accuse the right of being warmongers.

He's an amazing leader. :cuckoo:

2011-03-18-digest-cartoon-2.jpg

Last edited:
2 weeks ago this would be great. But now? Ghaddafi has crushed the rebellion. It doesn't matter now. Obama's friend Farrakhan will be pleased that this action was so delayed.

We have never been a winner when we get involved in another countries internal affairs. You can not point to one country. We need to stay the hell of of this conflict. We don't need their oil and if BHO had not stopping the drilling we would have been a lot closer to energy independence. We know wind power does not work because we have had nothing for 2 years but hot air coming out of Washington and look where we are today.

That's interesting. I was watching an interview with some pro-Gaddafi supporters earlier (usual stuff - if you want our oil you will have to take our blood first) and was thinking to myself "Jeez, why do they always assume it's about oil", and here I find a post bringing up the issue of not needing their oil (the implication being that it is about oil after all).

Well congrates Progs!!

I'm confused. When did the left become "warmongers"? Maybe you were being sarcastic but I thought it was always the left that used to accuse the right of being warmongers.

They do. But reality puts says they have started 65% of our wars.

It took a lot of research, then I did come across a link that comfirmed it.

Here's 2;
Clinton; Somalia
JFK; Veit Nam

of course, they will tell you "That's different", then wonder into some excuse only they think is true.

Well congrates Progs!!

Here's 2;
Clinton; Somalia
JFK; Veit Nam

of course, they will tell you "That's different", then wonder into some excuse only they think is true.

Aren't we jumping the gun slightly to assume this is going to become a war?

Here's 2;
Clinton; Somalia
JFK; Veit Nam

Aren't we jumping the gun slightly to assume this is going to become a war?

That's what JFK and Clinton said.

Lybia is not a backwards country. Unless we are prepared to kill people on the ground, they will shoot someone down or hit a ship.

sorry, I don't seperate war into;
Police action; they are dying
War; we are dying

To take the weapons of war and unleash them on someone. It's war.

Kuwait is still free of Iraq I think. It's the nation building (Occupations) that bogg us down. We get very little oil from libya. They don't even make it to the top 15.

Crude Oil and Total Petroleum Imports Top 15 Countries

The deep water drilling ban halted drilling on 33 prospective wells in the Gulf of Mexico. US crude oil production has increased during the presidents first two years in office. The US rig count has also increased in that time.

Well congrates Progs!!

Here's 2;
Clinton; Somalia
JFK; Veit Nam

Not that there is much difference between the two parties and our foreign interventionist policies but......

United States President George Bush responded to Security Council resolution 794 (1992) with a decision on 4 December to initiate Operation Restore Hope, under which the United States would assume the unified command of the new operation in accordance with resolution 794(1992). The Secretary-General communicated to President Bush on 8 December his concept of a division of labour between the United Nations and the United States in the following terms: "The United States has undertaken to take the lead in creating the secure environment which is an inescapable condition for the United Nations to provide humanitarian relief and promote national reconciliation and economic reconstruction, objectives which have from the outset been included in the various Security Council resolutions on Somalia."

Vietnam War was caused by the French trying to revive their empire after WWII. After Ho Chi Mihn defeated them.... The Geneva Accords divide Vietnam in half at the 17th parallel, with Ho Chi Minh's Communists ceded the North, while Bao Dai's regime is granted the South. The accords also provide for elections to be held in all of Vietnam within two years to reunify the country. The U.S. opposes the unifying elections, fearing a likely victory by Ho Chi Minh.

Not the first time the US opposes democracy in favor of authoritarian dictators or military strong men.

The History Place - Vietnam War

Kennedy did keep up US involvement while he was in office. It was a democrat who escallated the war by finally deploying combat troops in march of 1965.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back