President Obama tells Medvedev-‘After My Election I Have More Flexibility'

obama's comment is being accepted for exactly what it is. An offer to the Russians to lay off until after the election and if he wins he's going to sell out the nation. Everyone knows what he meant.

Another Obama Hot Mic Moment Concerning Medvedev & The Missile Defense Shield

Hear the Hot Mic HERE ( Obama On Hot Mic: 'After My Election I Have More Flexibility' )

Well, we all know that Obama would weaken the United States if he knew it would make others around the world happy and this is another gaff that confirms it. Recently Obama was discussing the missile defense shield and told Dmitry Medvedev that he would have more flexibility after the election. Flexibility to do what? The Missile Defense Shield is obviously easy enough to get passed by Congress so why should election year semantics make anything tougher unless ....... unless ………. unless …….. unless you’re trying to stop the program. However, in his attempt to weaken America to appease those who aren’t exactly friendly to us, Obama sees it best to do so after the election where he can really mess things up.

Last edited:
6a00d83451bab869e20168e920dce9970c-600wi

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...tion-i-have-more-flexibility.html#post5018260

Okay, so I'm reading this thread and I see a couple of posts here about how "SDI" and/or missle defense doesn't work, isn't ready to deploy, etc. Am I living in a different country? Or are there that many people in this nation that are so WOEFULLY unknowledgeable of what is occurring?

You know, when Ronald Reagan was President, Gorbachov in Iceland demanded that he renounce the SDI initiative as a precursor to a treaty. President Reagan declined. Thank God he did. SDI, which stands for the Strategic Defense Initiative, had many aspects, one of which was what the press termed "Star Wars." It was called Star Wars because there was the thought that by using high-energy weapons, you could knock a ballistic missle out of the sky during it's terminal trajectory. We have tested lasers, microwaves, and other high-energy weapons in attempts to knock down ballistic missles, with some varying degree of success. It was SDI that Gorbachov and the Soviets were so incredibly scared of. Not just the Star Wars portion of the initiative. It was the PRIMARY reason for the meltdown in first the client Soviet states and then the Soviet Union itself. SDI scared THE HELL out of the Russians. And for good reason.

However, it has been found that high-energy weapons are very expensive and have proven to be very power hungry. Although a KC-135 outfitted with a laser has been successful at knocking down SOME of the missles it has been fired at, it has not proved to be completely reliable, experiencing power issues. That airborne testbed laser is being retired this month as a matter of fact. Kinetic weapons (intercepting a ballistic missle with another missle) has proven very reliable and very economical. To that end, the US has developed the Patriot PAC - 3, the SM-3 AND the Arrow missle in conjuction with Israel. There are two missle batteries of Arrow's operational in Israel RIGHT NOW. A third has been funded and is being built. Poland, Jordan, and several other nations have requested delivery of the weapons system. Boeing, the primary contractor, is seeking authorization from Israel and the US Government to allow the missle to be stationed in these other countries.

Missle defence, as it stands right now, involves the use of the kinetic weapons. There are two ACTIVE DUTY anti-missle batteries in the United States right now. One is in Alaska and one is at Vandenberg in California. On October 5th, 2011 soldiers from Alpha Battery, 4th Air Defense Artillery Regiment, 11th Air Defense Artillery Brigade, under the operational control of the 94th Army Air and Missile Defense Command operated the THAAD (Terminal High Altitude Area Defense ) system. They SIMULTANEOUSLY knocked down one short-range and one medium-range ballistic missle successfully.

It is this type of missle defensive systems that they want to build in Poland and the Czech Republic, ostensibly to intercept missles being fired from the Middle East. Something that is possible with the Iranian development of their latest missle. Although not able to reach the continental United States, the missle is fully capable to reach Europe.

If you're going to say that missle defence doesn't work, then you are CATEGORICALLY wrong. With TWO ACTIVE DUTY MISSLE DEFENCE BATTALIONS already in the United States, I'd say you were not only wrong but incredibly stupid.

obama intends to get rid of every type of defense we have.

Don't cause any trouble for me during the election and I'll give you the securty of the United States.

He won't be able to wiggle out of this one.

Another Obama Hot Mic Moment Concerning Medvedev & The Missile Defense Shield:

Well, we all know that Obama would weaken the United States if he knew it would make others around the world happy and this is another gaff that confirms it. Recently Obama was discussing the missile defense shield and told Dmitry Medvedev that he would have more flexibility after the election.

Flexibility to do what?

[...]
Thinking back to Ronald Reagan, The Man From General Electric, the dimwitted corporate puppet and patron of the Military Industrial Complex, if he had told the truth rather than keeping us nervous and fearful we would have known the USSR was in serious decline both economically and militarily, therefore no threat, it would have served the People's interest rather than his and those of his war-loving corporate sponsors.

So rather than jumping to conclusions about Obama's motive in saying what he did to Medvedev let us reason from the point of view that Obama knows a lot better than we do about what is going on in Russia and what needs to be done with regard to that nation and our need for missile defense and excessive, unnecessary military spending.

War hawks need to keep something in mind: Our situation where other armed world powers is concerned is analogous to a group of people standing in a room filled with open gunpowder casks and every one of us is holding a BIC lighter. So the only hope we have is Mutually Assured Destruction.

"Star Wars" is an impractical idea. Wishful thinking. The nuclear weapons we are so afraid of might already be here -- waiting to be activated and detonated by a telephone call from anywhere in the world. And the same situation could exist in Russia.

The simple truth is where such matters are concerned we have no choice but to trust high level government. So the most I have to say in that regard is I feel better with Obama in Office than I did with George W. Bush and his gang.

bushwithprincesalmansau.jpg

Last edited:
Thinking back to Ronald Reagan, The Man From General Electric, the dimwitted corporate puppet and patron of the Military Industrial Complex, if he had told the truth rather than keeping us nervous and fearful we would have known the USSR was in serious decline both economically and militarily, therefore no threat, it would have served the People's interest rather than his and those of his war-loving corporate sponsors.

So rather than jumping to conclusions about Obama's motive in saying what he did to Medvedev let us reason with the point of view that Obama knows a lot better than we do about what is going on in Russia and what needs to be done with regard to that nation and our need for missile defense.

War hawks need to keep something in mind: Our situation where other armed world powers is concerned is analogous to a group of people standing in a room filled with open gunpowder casks and every one of us is holding a BIC lighter. So the only hope we have is Mutually Assured Destruction.

"Star Wars" is an impractical idea. Wishful thinking. The nuclear weapons we are so afraid of might already be here -- waiting to be activated and detonated by a telephone call from anywhere in the world. And the same situation could exist in Russia.

The simple truth is where such matters are concerned we have no choice but to trust high level government. So the most I have to say in that regard is I feel better with Obama in Office than I did with George W. Bush and his gang.

You clearly don't know what the missile defense Obama was talking about is for.

Hint: It isn't for missile defense against Russia.

So rather than jumping to conclusions about Obama's motive in saying what he did to Medvedev let us reason from the point of view that Obama knows a lot better than we do about what is going on in Russia and what needs to be done with regard to that nation and our need for missile defense.

Is this the most ironic post so far this week, or what?

You start out by saying Reagan lied to us. Then you say Obama knows better than we do, and therefore we need to trust the government.

How does one manage this kind of doublethink?

You are clearly just a partisan hack.

Another Obama Hot Mic Moment Concerning Medvedev & The Missile Defense Shield:

Well, we all know that Obama would weaken the United States if he knew it would make others around the world happy and this is another gaff that confirms it. Recently Obama was discussing the missile defense shield and told Dmitry Medvedev that he would have more flexibility after the election.

Flexibility to do what?

[...]

So rather than jumping to conclusions about Obama's motive in saying what he did to Medvedev let us reason from the point of view that Obama knows a lot better than we do about what is going on in Russia and what needs to be done with regard to that nation and our need for missile defense.

bushwithprincesalmansau.jpg

All I can say is Obama really has YOU buffaloed. He does not have the foggiest idea what the situation in Russia is. If he had any idea about ANYTHING, he would not have been so surprised at what he saw through the binoculars at the border of North and South Korea. I had a history professor one time, who was NOT liberal and who had escaped from a communist country tell us that "Jimmy Carter was the best president the communists ever had." He was in total denial of what they were capable of until Russia invaded Afghanistan. Well Obama is Jimmy Carter #2.

Maybe you feel YOU have no choice but to trust high level government, but I have a choice. I do NOT trust high level government of any party as far as I can throw them. Obama doesn't have a clue and neither do any of the nitwits who are advising him. All we can do now until November is pray to God and hope for the best. You go ahead and trust the government. Good luck with that.

You clearly don't know what the missile defense Obama was talking about is for.

Hint: It isn't for missile defense against Russia.

Yeah, I'm sure the reason we were putting missiles right up on the Russian border is to protect against Iran. How stupid do you think the Russians are?

Is obama going to bring down Americas defenses? What did he mean more flexible after the election?

“On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space,” Obama could be heard telling Medvedev, referring to incoming President Vladimir Putin.

“Yeah, I understand,” Medvedev replied in English. “I understand your message about space. Space for you.”

Obama interrupted to say: “This is my last election. After my election, I have more flexibility.”

Medvedev replied with terminology reminiscent of Russia’s Communist past.

“I understand,” he said. “I will transmit this information to Vladimir.”

Aides to Republican rival Mitt Romney pounced on the statement - and with good reason. It’s a memorable comment reminiscent of John Kerry announcing in 2004 that he voted for war funding before he voted against it. That fed the impression he was a flip-flopper.

Obama overheard talking of ‘flexibility’ after election - Politics - The Boston Globe

Not a very smart conversation for Obama to be having with hot microphones nearby usually you have a conversation like that behind closed doors with no press around.

Well, we all know that Obama would weaken the United States if he knew it would make others around the world happy...
That's ridiculous. A hot mike statement made 4 years ago that he would have more flexibility when elected is immaterial because it's noncommittal. It simply implies the wiliness to negotiate. The Russians have been at odds with the US about the Missile Defense Shield since the Bush years with no real progress. Obama should certainly have indicated that his administration would work toward an agreement.

The Russians recently announced that if no progress was made, they would begin targeting US sites. Unless we want another cold war, we need to negotiate.

Last edited:
Is obama going to bring down Americas defenses? What did he mean more flexible after the election?

“On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space,” Obama could be heard telling Medvedev, referring to incoming President Vladimir Putin.

“Yeah, I understand,” Medvedev replied in English. “I understand your message about space. Space for you.”

Obama interrupted to say: “This is my last election. After my election, I have more flexibility.”

Aides to Republican rival Mitt Romney pounced on the statement - and with good reason. It’s a memorable comment reminiscent of John Kerry announcing in 2004 that he voted for war funding before he voted against it. That fed the impression he was a flip-flopper.

Obama overheard talking of ‘flexibility’ after election - Politics - The Boston Globe

To me, this was the most dramatic political jaw-dropper of the day!

This presidential-quack signaled that he was prepared to act in ways that would run counter to the wishes, interests of the American public....

....one can only conjecture what those despicable acts would be.

To me, this was the most dramatic political jaw-dropper of the day!

This presidential-quack signaled that he was prepared to act in ways that would run counter to the wishes, interests of the American public....

....one can only conjecture what those despicable acts would be.

Yep I think there is a video where you can actually hear obama saying it.

Last edited:
Well no mittens has a long history of flipflopping on issues.typically within minutes of each other.

On the other hand obama isn't being secretive at all. He is stating the campaign will eat up a lot of time and missle defense is not a pressing issue at this time. Its not going anywhere anytime soon.

No, that is political spin for partisans who choose to see a "flip flop" where none really exists. Why don't you name one POLICY Mitt ever implemented which was contrary to a campaign promise...

President Obama: This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.

Translation: After the election I will shake up the etch-a-sketch and do whatever I want. :eusa_clap:

Fair point. The Obama administration, which promised during its transition to power that it would enhance “whistle-blower laws to protect federal workers,” has been more prone than any administration in history in trying to silence and prosecute federal workers.

The Espionage Act, enacted back in 1917 to punish those who gave aid to our enemies, was used three times in all the prior administrations to bring cases against government officials accused of providing classified information to the media. It has been used six times since the current president took office.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/27/b...-act-to-pursue-leak-cases-media-equation.html

Hard to link on my phone right now,but you know as well as I do mitt changes his stances daily.

Right his election....as in this nations....but see what you want to see.

'My last election' translates to 'the nation's last election'? :cuckoo: You're even further out there than I thought.

'After my election' translates to 'the nation's election'? Uh, no. Had he said 'After OUR election . .' then you'd be right. But you're wrong.

Forum List

Back