President Obama tells Medvedev-‘After My Election I Have More Flexibility'

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
aka I can do what I want.

President Obama Asks Medvedev for ‘Space’ on Missile Defense — ‘After My Election I Have More Flexibility’

SEOUL, South Korea — At the tail end of his 90 minute meeting with Russian President Dmitri Medvedev Monday, President Obama said that he would have “more flexibility” to deal with controversial issues such as missile defense, but incoming Russian President Vladimir Putin needs to give him “space.”

The exchange was picked up by microphones as reporters were let into the room for remarks by the two leaders.
The exchange:

President Obama: On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space.

President Medvedev: Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…

President Obama: This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.

President Medvedev: I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...se-after-my-election-i-have-more-flexibility/

Aka, after the election, the American people won't be able to stop me disarming missile defense and leaving this country defenseless.

Remember this and vote.

November 2012 is coming.

Well no TPS..that's not what that means.

It means he can focus more time on various issues without the burden of an election campaign.

The only positive aspect of this exchange is that it is some indication that obama intends that an election will be permitted. He might not permit the outcome of the election if he loses, but we will have some kind of procedure.

The only positive aspect of this exchange is that it is some indication that obama intends that an election will be permitted. He might not permit the outcome of the election if he loses, but we will have some kind of procedure.

:lol:

This after a president, who in 2000, lost the popular vote was still installed by an extremely dubious process.

Gotta love it.

You don't like the electoral college. Gotta love it.

It's okay with democrats if obama should declare an election that he loses void. Half the country expects it. Why do you think gun and ammunition sales are so high?

The right continues to show that it is not fact-based.

Abandoning missile defense will not leave us defenseless, or not more defenseless than we are anyway in a nuclear age. It would merely save money that we don't have.

And there is no way that Obama COULD suspend elections. Good grief.

Reported on Yahoo!'s front-page. That liberal media! Mark it down.

It's okay with democrats if obama should declare an election that he loses void. Half the country expects it. Why do you think gun and ammunition sales are so high?

I don't like the electorial college. It's antiquated and should be abolished. I don't like the fact some yokel in Mississippi has 3 or 4 times the voting power as me who lives in NYC.

Be that as it may..the Gore v. Bush case involved nepotism, dynastic rule, poor procedures and a dozen other really bad issues if you get into the weeds.

If the same thing happened with Obama..the right wing would turn violent.

Your gun sale thing clarifies that for me.

Because there are lots of fools out there. Does sound like a good way to cashin business-wise. Undoubtedly why some are fanning the flames . In the business? :eusa_shifty:

Abandoning missile defense will not leave us defenseless, or not more defenseless than we are anyway in a nuclear age. It would merely save money that we don't have.

Of course obama could suspend elections. Hlugo Chavez did it. Zelaya tried to do it in Honduras. You are suggesting that obama couldn't get away with it. That might be true, but democrats will fight for his right to declare himself lifetime dictator for the good of the country and arrest his political opponent for treason.

Of course obama could suspend elections. Hlugo Chavez did it. Zelaya tried to do it in Honduras. You are suggesting that obama couldn't get away with it. That might be true, but democrats will fight for his right to declare himself lifetime dictator for the good of the country and arrest his political opponent for treason.

:eek::cuckoo::eusa_eh:

Then why doesn't Obama just say so publically before elections, instead of essenitially promising the Russians he will after his election?

Of course obama could suspend elections.

No, he could not. It would require imposing a military dictatorship, and the military would not obey his orders to do that without a truly severe state of national emergency. Even Lincoln knew he couldn't suspend elections, and no president since him has had anything within miles of his justification.

Forum List

Back