President Obama okays buildup of troops in Afghanistan

same war,, maybe not in your feeble minds,, he said he would withdraw the troops immediately.. he lied, now they will die..

Show me any evidence.

Personally, I think many of you right now are just trolling but why do I expect to have any civil and intelligent conversations on here when it comes to Obama anymore?

Especially with people like you Willow.

make yer decision roberto,,, you know me by now! he lied,, it's plain and simple as the nose on yer face..

bring the troops home--now--you know how much money it's costing us ?

War isn't cheap, this is quite obvious. I agree that the troops in Iraq should come home, but it doesn't make sense to just withdraw the troops from Afghanistan tomorrow.

What is this, the Twilight Zone?

All of a sudden just about every Republican and some "Independents" are saying we should leave these two countries ASAP after saying we need to be there for the past 7/8 and 6 years.

bring the troops home--now--you know how much money it's costing us ?

oh tons! just tons! money we need to be spending here at home hey? Maybe the obamalama needs to review his own promises he made to the hard left?

damn near looks like they really didn't give a shit about the war , doesn't it ?

well come to think of it,, the flag burning war protesters have been quiet of late haven't they? Where is that Sheehan person?

Last edited:
This is ridiculous. Obama planned to send troops to Afghanistan, while begining a phased withdrawl from Iraq, as a part of his campaign. And how he's doing it. This isn't news, it's exactly what he said he would do and now that he's doing it people call him a liar ?

Barack Obama yesterday pledged to increase US troops in Afghanistan by a third if he becomes president, sending 10,000 more to reinforce the 33,000 already there.

He was speaking after the US lost nine soldiers at the weekend in the deadliest attack on its forces in the country since 2005.

Obama has promised, soon after becoming president in January, to begin scaling back the 156,000 US troops in Iraq and Kuwait, and to shift the focus to Afghanistan.
Obama promises 10,000 more troops for Afghanistan | World news | The Guardian

Barack Obama flew out of Afghanistan yesterday at the end of a two-day visit with a warning that the country's position in the war against the Taliban and al-Qaida was "precarious" and "urgent".

Obama has promised that, if elected president in November, he will send 10,000 more US troops to Afghanistan to bolster the 36,000 already there and intends to press European countries to become more engaged in the fighting.
Obama uses crucial foreign tour to promise more troops for Afghanistan | World news | The Guardian

Senator Barack Obama is proposing that the United States deploy about 10,000 more troops to battle resurgent forces in Afghanistan, a plan intended to shift the American military focus from the Iraq war to the marked rise in violence from the Taliban
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/14/us/politics/14campaign.html?ref=us

Obama has said all along he would send more troops to Afghanistan.

Regardless of any opinion on the right / wrongness of the decision, claiming that he was going to reduce troops is Afghanistan is not true.

This is ridiculous. Obama planned to send troops to Afghanistan, while begining a phased withdrawl from Iraq, as a part of his campaign. And how he's doing it. This isn't news, it's exactly what he said he would do and now that he's doing it people call him a liar ?

Barack Obama yesterday pledged to increase US troops in Afghanistan by a third if he becomes president, sending 10,000 more to reinforce the 33,000 already there.

He was speaking after the US lost nine soldiers at the weekend in the deadliest attack on its forces in the country since 2005.

Obama has promised, soon after becoming president in January, to begin scaling back the 156,000 US troops in Iraq and Kuwait, and to shift the focus to Afghanistan.

Barack Obama flew out of Afghanistan yesterday at the end of a two-day visit with a warning that the country's position in the war against the Taliban and al-Qaida was "precarious" and "urgent".

Obama has promised that, if elected president in November, he will send 10,000 more US troops to Afghanistan to bolster the 36,000 already there and intends to press European countries to become more engaged in the fighting.
Obama uses crucial foreign tour to promise more troops for Afghanistan | World news | The Guardian

Senator Barack Obama is proposing that the United States deploy about 10,000 more troops to battle resurgent forces in Afghanistan, a plan intended to shift the American military focus from the Iraq war to the marked rise in violence from the Taliban

Regardless of any opinion on the right / wrongness of the decision, claiming that he was going to reduce troops is Afghanistan is not true.

He said,, "the first thing I will do when I become President is end this war" This is a war on two fronts.. he said it I heard it..

He said,, "the first thing I will do when I become President is end this war" This is a war on two fronts.. he said it I heard it..

Don't mind this dishonest fuck PeeJay. Willow thinks she's smart for playing obvious and untrue semantics.

Which is epic fail on her part.

obama said several times that he would "re-deploy" the troops and said several times that he would put more troops in afganistan and that he would enter pakistan to get obama .....

this all comes as no shock to me ......

now that fact that he wants to wage a war in the mountains of afgainstan (rather than the streets and dessert of iraq) where no western nation has ever won a war is beyond me .....

But did you hear him say that he would send additional troops to Afghanistan ? Can you read what is printed above ?

I'm not partisan to the guy. Didn't support him and I don't think he will be a particularly strong president when it's all over. Several of his appointments are very disappointing considering his pledge about transparency and all. I'll be the first to jump on the guy when he doesn't do what he said. But claiming that he didn't tell everyone that he would send more troops to Afghanistan is ridiculous. It was one of his campaign promises. Whether I agree or you agree with the move is irrelevant.

But did you hear him say that he would send additional troops to Afghanistan ? Can you read what is printed above ?

I'm not partisan to the guy. Didn't support him and I don't think he will be a particularly strong president when it's all over. Several of his appointments are very disappointing considering his pledge about transparency and all. I'll be the first to jump on the guy when he doesn't do what he said. But claiming that he didn't tell everyone that he would send more troops to Afghanistan is ridiculous. It was one of his campaign promises. Whether I agree or you agree with the move is irrelevant.

He said the first thing he would do when he became President was to end this war.. hello! that includes Afghanistan..

He said the first thing he would do when he became President was to end this war.. hello! that includes Afghanistan..

Yes. He did say that.

No, he obviously did not intend that as "The War on Terror" but the war in Iraq. I am sure that if any number of semi intelligent people had taken that to mean that he would end both wars, that would have been covered. In fact, the details were covered mover and over about the intentions for Iraq and the intentions for Afghanistan.

Surely you know of more than six or eight words that were said in the campaign ? I mean, if all you ever heard said was that one phrase I could understand the confusion. But even then, considering the reprint of the words spoken on this issue in every major news paper quoted here for you to read, you can see that there were plans to increase troops in Afghanistan ?

Or are you just, as I suspect, having fun with being intentionally obtuse ?

:lol:

Yes. He did say that.

No, he obviously did not intend that as "The War on Terror" but the war in Iraq. I am sure that if any number of semi intelligent people had taken that to mean that he would end both wars, that would have been covered. In fact, the details were covered mover and over about the intentions for Iraq and the intentions for Afghanistan.

Surely you know of more than six or eight words that were said in the campaign ? I mean, if all you ever heard said was that one phrase I could understand the confusion. But even then, considering the reprint of the words spoken on this issue in every major news paper quoted here for you to read, you can see that there were plans to increase troops in Afghanistan ?

do you hear that whooshing sound? He's told so many lies and different version that are all "above his paygrade" what are we to believe? doyathink? Should we for instance believe he sat in church 20 years and never heard what jeramiah bullfrog said?

Yes. He did say that.

do you hear that whooshing sound? He's told so many lies and different version that are all "above his paygrade" what are we to believe? doyathink? Should we for instance believe he sat in church 20 years and never heard what jeramiah bullfrog said?

Not at all. That whole thing with Rev Wright was a joke. He knew the kind of stuff that guy preached. No way he missed it.

On the same page, if you paid attention to the campaign, the ideas about Iraq and Afghanistan were clearly different. No way you missed it. You'll have plenty of chances to pick apart promises. No need to be partisan just for the sake of doing so.

Aside from that, do you think we should send more troops to Afghanistan ?

Why do you keep lying?

Obama said he would end the war in Iraq and send more troops to Afganistan.

Yes. He did say that.

Not at all. That whole thing with Rev Wright was a joke. He knew the kind of stuff that guy preached. No way he missed it.

On the same page, if you paid attention to the campaign, the ideas about Iraq and Afghanistan were clearly different. No way you missed it. You'll have plenty of chances to pick apart promises. No need to be partisan just for the sake of doing so.

Aside from that, do you think we should send more troops to Afghanistan ?

course I didn't miss it.. He takes his marching orders from the far left.. the far left deems Afghanistan to be legit. cause that's where the BinLaden hangs,, then the hypocrites give Clinton ten passes for not taking his shot at the BinLaden,, still and all President Bush saw this as one war with two fronts,, the war on terror,, and that's the way I view it too,, so obamalama promised his people at the fountain of KOS to end this war,, course when he got a better picture of the situation he started his tap dance..

Forum List

Back