President Obama Challenges states to come up with better plan: Vermont does.

While other states are busy crushing unions, denying people healthcare, like Jan Brewer, which resulted in the deaths of two people and cutting taxes on the rich (Can we guess what party or ideology these people embrace), Vermont actually took up Obama's challenge and went with single payer.

About fucking time.

Vt. House Passes Single-Payer Health Care Bill - News Story - WPTZ Plattsburgh

MONTPELIER, Vt. -- After hours of debate, the Vermont House of Representatives approved a bill that would create a single-payer health care system in Vermont.

It passed 92-49. In a meeting right after the vote, the house speaker, the governor and others who worked on the bill called it a historic moment for Vermont.

"Become the first state in the country to make the first substantive step to deliver a health care system where health care will be a right and not a privilege," said Gov. Peter Shumlin.

:clap2:
Cool
The Party's In
VERMONT!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djwSZ1IRb-A]YouTube - IGGY POP[/ame]​

This is great news. Buying a one way ticket to Vermont for the homeless and uninsured has to be much cheaper.

My question is how many people work in the health insurance industry in Vermont and how many of them will be unemployed by the end of this year? Then, since the state does not actually have to begin funding it until 2013, how many of those insurance industry workers will be unemployed by the end of 2012?

Immie

Depends on how this is implemented. This could be sort of a "catch all" safety net. As in, if you are poor..unemployed..then this is something you are eligible for. HMOs would be an option for people who are employed.

UPS/FEDEX and the United States Postal service all exist together.

While other states are busy crushing unions, denying people healthcare, like Jan Brewer, which resulted in the deaths of two people and cutting taxes on the rich (Can we guess what party or ideology these people
embrace), Vermont actually took up Obama's challenge and went with single payer.

About fucking time.

hyperbole clean up in aisle 5...:lol:

MONTPELIER, Vt. -- After hours of debate, the Vermont House of Representatives approved a bill that would create a single-payer health care system in Vermont.

It passed 92-49. In a meeting right after the vote, the house speaker, the governor and others who worked on the bill called it a historic moment for Vermont.

"Become the first state in the country to make the first substantive step to deliver a health care system where health care will be a right and not a privilege," said Gov. Peter Shumlin.

I will sit back and watch this blow up too, all it takes is time, but, good on them, they can have at it. I am a firm believer in the states being incubators so to speak, go for it.

Last edited:
My question is how many people work in the health insurance industry in Vermont and how many of them will be unemployed by the end of this year? Then, since the state does not actually have to begin funding it until 2013, how many of those insurance industry workers will be unemployed by the end of 2012?

Immie

Depends on how this is implemented. This could be sort of a "catch all" safety net. As in, if you are poor..unemployed..then this is something you are eligible for. HMOs would be an option for people who are employed.

The U.S.Postal Service loses money every year.

Immie

Then it would not be "single payer".

"Single Payer" means there will only be one payer and that is probably going to be the State of Vermont. So, they will tax their residents, negotiate with providers... telling providers what they are allowed to charge... um, what happens when a resident of the state of Vermont goes to New Hampshire and gets hurt and the doctor there refuses to accept the 40% of his costs that Vermont agrees to pay?

Immie

Immie

Then it would not be "single payer".

"Single Payer" means there will only be one payer and that is probably going to be the State of Vermont. So, they will tax their residents, negotiate with providers... telling providers what they are allowed to charge... um, what happens when a resident of the state of Vermont goes to New Hampshire and gets hurt and the doctor there refuses to accept the 40% of his costs that Vermont agrees to pay?

Immie

hummm does this effect federal medicaid money? will obama or that is congress block grant it to them?

Immie
Tell 'em to pack-up with the DEA, and find REAL jobs!!!!!

(....Where they're NOT screwin'-over hard-working Americans!!!)​

[Ok, and if it fails like it did in Mass. Who will you blame? You seem fully prepared to blame the GOP already for things you think they will do.

Personnally I hope it makes it. And it spreads to other states if they so choose to. But right now, it's a cancer. It's a failed idea that has spread.

So why are all of you cheering an idea that has failed and killed one state economy already?

Massachusetts doesn't have a single payer system, but I do agree with you. Vermont will eventually end up repealing this because it will become too expensive and the quality of health care delivered will decline.
.....Just like Massachusetts.....right????

529.gif
493.gif
529.gif
493.gif
529.gif

Immie

And when they don't and they all end up in the Unemployment line or on Welfare?

Immie

While other states are busy crushing unions, denying people healthcare, like Jan Brewer, which resulted in the deaths of two people and cutting taxes on the rich (Can we guess what party or ideology these people
embrace), Vermont actually took up Obama's challenge and went with single payer.

About fucking time.

hyperbole clean up in aisle 5...:lol:

I will sit back and watch this blow up too, all it takes is time.....
.....Just like Massachusetts.....right????

529.gif
493.gif
529.gif
493.gif
529.gif

Immie

And when they don't and they all end up in the Unemployment line or on Welfare?

Immie
.....And, makin' 'Baggers feel like they've got more job-security!

Everything's temporary.........

(....No matter what the Jesus-freaks tell you.)​

Another day o' kickin' 'Bagger-ass & stackin' 'em like cordwood....

My work, here, is done.......

cowboy-sunset.jpg

True, but given how big the issue of healthcare is right now, it'll shine a brighter spotlight on their hypocrisy.

Why?

This is a state. This falls squarely under states rights.

fyi; Conservatives fukkin LOVE states rights.

Yeah, that's what they say, anyway. This'll likely put that view to the test. Let's see if they can leave Vermont alone and not try to undermine their efforts.

Passing the house is just the first step. In any event, it wouldn't go into effect until at least 2013. There's more information here:

Vt. House Passes Single-Payer Health Care Bill | Common Dreams

Just another reason to never step foot in Vermont or to buy anything from Vermont (including Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream). Truly sad from a state with the best firearms laws in the country.

While other states are busy crushing unions, denying people healthcare, like Jan Brewer, which resulted in the deaths of two people and cutting taxes on the rich (Can we guess what party or ideology these people embrace), Vermont actually took up Obama's challenge and went with single payer.

About fucking time.

The question is will you be the first on your side to finally admit you are a Marxist?

If solving the health care COST crisis means calling me a Marxist, then be my guest. I prefer to believe that the framers had in mind the inclusion of health of its citizens when it used the words "...promote the general welfare..." After all, what are people without their health?

Why?

This is a state. This falls squarely under states rights.

fyi; Conservatives fukkin LOVE states rights.

Yeah, that's what they say, anyway. This'll likely put that view to the test. Let's see if they can leave Vermont alone and not try to undermine their efforts.

Ok, and if it fails like it did in Mass. Who will you blame? You seem fully prepared to blame the GOP already for things you think they will do.

Personnally I hope it makes it. And it spreads to other states if they so choose to. But right now, it's a cancer. It's a failed idea that has spread.

So why are all of you cheering an idea that has failed and killed one state economy already?

It's nothing like the Massachusetts plan, and the Mass plan didn't fail.

‘RomneyCare’ Facts and Falsehoods | FactCheck.org

About fucking time.

Now watch:

There's going to be a huge national attempt to undermine and discredit this, which will show how a lot of these "tenther" Republicans are a bunch of hypocrites.

That blonde woman, can't remember which blonde one, on RuperTV/Faux N00z will go apesh1t LOLOL

It's nothing like the Massachusetts plan, and the Mass plan didn't fail.

Maggie, as someone who lives in the Communistwealth of Taxachusetts and who is desperately trying to get out of here ASAP, trust me.... RomneyCare has FAILED. It's a moneypit of epic proportions. It has added bureaucracy and red tape to the system. It just doesn't work from what I've been told by the people who have to deal with it on a daily basis.

Forum List

Back