President Obama Challenges states to come up with better plan: Vermont does.

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
While other states are busy crushing unions, denying people healthcare, like Jan Brewer, which resulted in the deaths of two people and cutting taxes on the rich (Can we guess what party or ideology these people embrace), Vermont actually took up Obama's challenge and went with single payer.

About fucking time.

Vt. House Passes Single-Payer Health Care Bill - News Story - WPTZ Plattsburgh

MONTPELIER, Vt. -- After hours of debate, the Vermont House of Representatives approved a bill that would create a single-payer health care system in Vermont.

It passed 92-49. In a meeting right after the vote, the house speaker, the governor and others who worked on the bill called it a historic moment for Vermont.

"Become the first state in the country to make the first substantive step to deliver a health care system where health care will be a right and not a privilege," said Gov. Peter Shumlin.

:clap2:

While other states are busy crushing unions, denying people healthcare, like Jan Brewer, which resulted in the deaths of two people and cutting taxes on the rich (Can we guess what party or ideology these people embrace), Vermont actually took up Obama's challenge and went with single payer.

About fucking time.

MONTPELIER, Vt. -- After hours of debate, the Vermont House of Representatives approved a bill that would create a single-payer health care system in Vermont.

It passed 92-49. In a meeting right after the vote, the house speaker, the governor and others who worked on the bill called it a historic moment for Vermont.

"Become the first state in the country to make the first substantive step to deliver a health care system where health care will be a right and not a privilege," said Gov. Peter Shumlin.

Now watch:

There's going to be a huge national attempt to undermine and discredit this, which will show how a lot of these "tenther" Republicans are a bunch of hypocrites.

About fucking time.

I love this. Thanks, Sallow.

About fucking time.

I do too.

I actually love this country and it's people. I don't want to see them die prematurely and miserable.

About fucking time.

Now watch:

There's going to be a huge national attempt to undermine and discredit this, which will show how a lot of these "tenther" Republicans are a bunch of hypocrites.

you didnt need this issue to make them be hypocrites on the tenth.

True, but given how big the issue of healthcare is right now, it'll shine a brighter spotlight on their hypocrisy.

Good job by Vermont

Glad to see they understand how critical healthcare is to their people

About fucking time.

I do too.

I actually love this country and it's people. I don't want to see them die prematurely and miserable.

Me too, I hope it's an amazing success.

Now watch:

True, but given how big the issue of healthcare is right now, it'll shine a brighter spotlight on their hypocrisy.

Why?

This is a state. This falls squarely under states rights.

fyi; Conservatives fukkin LOVE states rights.

Why?

Yeah, that's what they say, anyway. This'll likely put that view to the test. Let's see if they can leave Vermont alone and not try to undermine their efforts.

Maybe that wingnut group in Utah, which has been working on trying to get the "fleebaggers" recalled, will send volunteers out to Vermont to try and get a repeal drive going.

About fucking time.

The question is will you be the first on your side to finally admit you are a Marxist?

Why?

Yeah, that's what they say, anyway. This'll likely put that view to the test. Let's see if they can leave Vermont alone and not try to undermine their efforts.

Ok, and if it fails like it did in Mass. Who will you blame? You seem fully prepared to blame the GOP already for things you think they will do.

Personnally I hope it makes it. And it spreads to other states if they so choose to. But right now, it's a cancer. It's a failed idea that has spread.

So why are all of you cheering an idea that has failed and killed one state economy already?

Why?

And lets see if the people of Vermont can leave other states alone when they buracracy of a single payer system tells them they have to wait 4 weeks for a CAT scan, or how many doctors leave vermont when the state gets to set compensation rates (with no appeal of course)

Why?

Ok, and if it fails like it did in Mass. Who will you blame? You seem fully prepared to blame the GOP already for things you think they will do.

Personnally I hope it makes it. And it spreads to other states if they so choose to. But right now, it's a cancer. It's a failed idea that has spread.

So why are all of you cheering an idea that has failed and killed one state economy already?

It failed in MA? Did it get repealed?

It failed in MA? Did it get repealed?

It dragged thier economy into the toilet.

No idea if they woke up and dumped it.

Why?

Yep. This falls under States Rights.

I wonder if this was voted on by the people or is this another case of a legislature making the decisions sans the voters as in MA??

Forum List

Back