President Barack Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

Because that is their standard.

dude, you are punting. this is a minor thing. why can't you get over yourself and agree with me that rush limbaugh was not nominated?
I dont agree with you assertion.
There is more than a possibility you are wrong .
In fact it is likely you are your based on prior performance.

It would be better for your position to edit the wiki page to reflect your opinion. then come back and show the change in Norways standard.

you want to get pissy? then clean up your act and post something i can understand.

so far your post is an insult to the english language, and to me.

Yes. Quite funny. I might also suggest you get an adult to explain the concept of "derisive" laughter to you. But that doesn't change the fact that there is no outrage. It's funny.

I'm going to ask you to stop taking my posts out of context. As for this whole outrage vs laughter stuff, whatever. Delude yourself if you care to. The fact you're continuing to respond to my point on this means you really don't want anyone thinking this is outrage. So again, whatever. Feel whatever makes you happy.
except it is YOU that is deluding yourself
no one is angry, we are laughing at how meaningless the Nobel Peace Prize has become

It's a joke.

Well, I didn't plow through the 85 pages so far on this thread, so this may be repetitive.

First off, I don't blame Obama for receiving this award. I do blame the members of the Nobel Committee for politicizing the award. But they had done that years ago when they awarded Al Gore for that documentary which has been proven to be scientifically inaccurate, politically-driven and filled more with myths than facts. Anything in the name of environmentalism is fair game, I suppose.

Secondly, what concerns me about Obama receiving this award is that he'll see this as some sort of "mandate" from the people of the world. On his own, he's already started subordinating American interests abroad during his Great American Apology Tour of '09. Now that he's been given this prestigious prize, I'm afraid that he will now feel obligated to subordinate American interests even more, all in the name of world community participation, being a good neighbor, and all the other Kumbaya-driven bullshit.

Lastly, there are others who truly work hard at making the world a better and more peaceful place for their fellow man (woman). They do their work in remote locations whether in the jungles, desert, mountains or urban ghettos. They may or may not have any fame. Their work is legitimate. They are truly peacemakers. When they don't receive any recognition for their work, the opportunity to gain more financial support for their good work suffers. Winning the Nobel Peace Prize brings legitimate prestige to those efforts and that results in huge donations to truly worthy causes. Politicians don't need that recognition. It's the non-political peacemakers who really need it.

Again, not Obama's fault that a leftist-driven committee gave him the Nobel Peace Prize purely for political reasons. But it's how he uses that prestige from here on out that will either be his fault or to his credit, depending on what he does and why!

"Lastly, there are others who truly work hard at making the world a better and more peaceful place for their fellow man (woman). They do their work in remote locations whether in the jungles, desert, mountains or urban ghettos. They may or may not have any fame. Their work is legitimate. They are truly peacemakers. When they don't receive any recognition for their work, the opportunity to gain more financial support for their good work suffers. Winning the Nobel Peace Prize brings legitimate prestige to those efforts and that results in huge donations to truly worthy causes. Politicians don't need that recognition. It's the non-political peacemakers who really need it.

Again, not Obama's fault that a leftist-driven committee gave him the Nobel Peace Prize purely for political reasons. But it's how he uses that prestige from here on out that will either be his fault or to his credit, depending on what he does and why!"

Well said and dead on the money!!! I am impressed that he at least admitted he does NOT deserve the award and would have really been impressed if he'd refused it and asked that it be given to one of the thousands of such people as you described. I've always wondered how they make their decision of one person over another and it seems that by doing this they gave me more answers than I cared to know. I truely hope he does in fact, as he says he is going to do, donates the money garnered from the award to a WELL DESERVING charity. That is yet to be seen and hopefully there will be FULL disclosure as to who exactly this "charity" will be. A big rep to you for your well put words!!

"Lastly, there are others who truly work hard at making the world a better and more peaceful place for their fellow man (woman). They do their work in remote locations whether in the jungles, desert, mountains or urban ghettos. They may or may not have any fame. Their work is legitimate. They are truly peacemakers. When they don't receive any recognition for their work, the opportunity to gain more financial support for their good work suffers. Winning the Nobel Peace Prize brings legitimate prestige to those efforts and that results in huge donations to truly worthy causes. Politicians don't need that recognition. It's the non-political peacemakers who really need it.

Again, not Obama's fault that a leftist-driven committee gave him the Nobel Peace Prize purely for political reasons. But it's how he uses that prestige from here on out that will either be his fault or to his credit, depending on what he does and why!"

Well said and dead on the money!!! I am impressed that he at least admitted he does NOT deserve the award and would have really been impressed if he'd refused it and asked that it be given to one of the thousands of such people as you described. I've always wondered how they make their decision of one person over another and it seems that by doing this they gave me more answers than I cared to know. I truely hope he does in fact, as he says he is going to do, donates the money garnered from the award to a WELL DESERVING charity. That is yet to be seen and hopefully there will be FULL disclosure as to who exactly this "charity" will be. A big rep to you for your well put words!!

Actually, I think he was using false modesty.

He thinks he deserves the award.

He needed this award badly.

And if you expect full disclosure from Obama don't hold your breath.

The cash will go somewhere that will benefit Obama.

It's gonna be highly entertaining if he's pushed into taking military action against Iran.

And send more troops into Afghanistan.

But, like you, let's see where the money goes. Personally, I think it belongs to the country.

What would be impressive is if he donated that money to one of those organizations he spoke of. I don't think refusing it would have been the right thing to do. It would have made him look like a fool.

I suspect it was false modesty as well, but only the most arrogant politicians would actually claim they were worthy of such an award. Just curious, did Al Gore act as if he had earned the award?

Immie

It's funny? * * * *

Yes. Quite funny. I might also suggest you get an adult to explain the concept of "derisive" laughter to you. But that doesn't change the fact that there is no outrage. It's funny.

I'm going to ask you to stop taking my posts out of context. As for this whole outrage vs laughter stuff, whatever. Delude yourself if you care to. The fact you're continuing to respond to my point on this means you really don't want anyone thinking this is outrage. So again, whatever. Feel whatever makes you happy.[/QUOTE]

A. You really MUST learn to use the quote function. It's like all easy and shit.

B. I'm sorry I didn't get back here yesterday. I missed you brilliant post. :lol:

C. I have taken none of your posts out of context -- as you know. I have merely responded to your silly musings. Your musings ARE silly, by the way.

Still no outrage.

Derisive laughter? Yep.

Outrage? Nyet.

That you have some silly need to pretend that it is a matter even remotely involving "outrage" just keeps making it funnier and funnier. Thanks. Lotsa us need some more laughter. You are a source. :lol:

I think people know that the Nobel comittee is not under Obama's control, and they repsect the humility he showed by stating clearly that he did not deserve the honor.

At least, the latest polling seems to back that up:

RCP Average
Approve: 53.0 / Disapprove: 39.9 / Spread: +13.1

That's a point gain from last week.

I think people know that the Nobel comittee is not under Obama's control, and they repsect the humility he showed by stating clearly that he did not deserve the honor.

RCP Average

I'd have to say that the way he has handled this has improved my view of him. Not that I "Approve" as one would answer the question in the poll, but my view has gone up.

The President was not responsible for his being given the award and I have to wonder if his modesty was false or not, but as far as I can tell, he has done well with his response. I sure as hell would not expect him to turn down the award.

Immie

The wingnut ranting here is fun, all thirteen of them huddled under the sheet together, chanting "Down with Obama!" while 300 hundred million citizens go about their business.

The award was simply an notification that the international community ratifies Real America's rejection of this last administration and its policies. Let's move on.

RCP Average

uh, did you notice they included 2 more polls that werent included last week that both had his approval at 56%
LOL
the others have either gone down or stayed the same and they are all within 3 points of rasmussen
LOL

86 pages later:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kn3oIbBJac&feature=related]YouTube - The Whispers And the beat goes on[/ame]

Forum List

Back