Prayers to Jesus Christ, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did say 'part of'. In which case the father is the son and the son is the father. Except that's unexplainably not the case.
Discovering a weakness of failure of an analogy does not equate to failure in the reality.

Lord Jesus, thank you for this day. Thank you for this beautiful world, and pink buttercups that are gracing the grassy areas of our roads this spring. Thanks for the blackberries ready to pick now and for the antioxidants that make them our good health's friend. Strengthen us to encourage the good and selfless things people do to make life good for others, and help us to appreciate your generosity to us through good times and bad. Amen.

Dear Lord, I'd like to give a special thanks to you for the brotherhood that joined America in its beginnings, survived civil war, and reunited again to include the throwaway human beings from this and other societies to walk hand in hand with those sincerely entrusted to making this a better world. Please renew a right spirit within each of us to care for one another, even when we disagree. Be thou our vision, our wisdom, our light. Naught be all else to us save that thou art. Thou our best thought by day or by night. Thy Kingdom, come. Thy Will be done, here on earth as it is in Heaven. Amen.

I'd like to give a special thanks to you for the brotherhood that joined America in its beginnings, survived civil war, and reunited again to include the throwaway human beings from this and other societies to walk hand in hand with those sincerely entrusted to making this a better world.

special thanks to you ...

you neededn't pat yourself on your back for something you had nothing to do with.

the brotherhood that joined America would not include the predominantly bible belt civil war nor the christian religious dogma's of Europe they chose to flee from.

I'd like to give a special thanks to you for the brotherhood that joined America in its beginnings, survived civil war, and reunited again to include the throwaway human beings from this and other societies to walk hand in hand with those sincerely entrusted to making this a better world.

you neededn't pat yourself on your back for something you had nothing to do with.

the brotherhood that joined America would not include the predominantly bible belt civil war nor the christian religious dogma's of Europe they chose to flee from.
She wasn't patting herself on her back. She was giving thanks and praise to God.

Now I will pray for you.

Heavenly Father, please break Hobelim as humanely and as quickly as possible so that he can begin his healing as soon as possible.

Amen

She wasn't patting herself on her back. She was giving thanks and praise to God.

Now I will pray for you.

Heavenly Father, please break Hobelim as humanely and as quickly as possible so that he can begin his healing as soon as possible.

Amen
there are no prayers for the weary who actually matter, bing and you might notice who you are praying for if that would make a difference to whom a sinner would pray to, good luck ... in regards to your pat on the back.

Now I will pray for you.

Amen
there are no prayers for the weary who actually matter, bing and you might notice who you are praying for if that would make a difference to whom a sinner would pray to, good luck ... in regards to your pat on the back.
You guys are practically interchangeable. He knows what you need even before you ask.

Poem by John Greenleaf Whittier:​
    1. Dear Lord and Father of mankind,
      Forgive our foolish ways;
      Reclothe us in our rightful mind,
      In purer lives Thy service find,
      In deeper rev’rence, praise.
    2. O Sabbath rest by Galilee,
      O calm of hills above,
      Where Jesus knelt to share with Thee
      The silence of eternity,
      Interpreted by love!
    3. Drop Thy still dews of quietness,
      Till all our strivings cease;
      Take from our souls the strain and stress,
      And let our ordered lives confess
      The beauty of Thy peace.
    4. Breathe through the heats of our desire
      Thy coolness and Thy balm;
      Let sense be dumb, let flesh retire;
      Speak through the earthquake, wind, and fire,
      O still, small Voice of calm.
    5. In simple trust like theirs who heard
      Beside the Syrian sea
      The gracious calling of the Lord,
      Let us, like them, without a word,
      Rise up and follow Thee.

christian prayer, platitudes without remorse, uninterrupted since the 4th century the same as the other segregated desert scriptural religions.

howabout, accomplishing the goal is not a prayer. the triumph over evil. - or at least try not to persecute and victimize the innocent, sure it would be difficult. for the congregations.

Dear Lord, Thank you for being a beacon light to believers, which causes us to rejoice. Please strengthen us to serve those things that you require us--to love the widow and the fatherless and support them as we are able, and to support the greater body of believers as they give their all to accomplish the goals of your kingdom, to do right, love justice, to pray for others in their times of tribulation and trials. Please forgive those who sin against us and lift those who preach and teach your precious Word. Take our weaknesses and turn them into strengths that benefit our fellow man. In thy gracious name we pray, amen.

Dear Lord, Thank you for being a beacon light to believers, which causes us to rejoice. Please strengthen us to serve those things that you require us--to love the widow and the fatherless and support them as we are able, and to support the greater body of believers as they give their all to accomplish the goals of your kingdom, to do right, love justice, to pray for others in their times of tribulation and trials. Please forgive those who sin against us and lift those who preach and teach your precious Word. Take our weaknesses and turn them into strengths that benefit our fellow man. In thy gracious name we pray, amen.
Please forgive those who sin against us ...

really -

upload_2019-5-7_10-58-35.jpeg

that's a one way street, beautress ...

Dear Jesus our dear savior, the Father, and the Holy Spirit, who according to John are one,

Thank you for the frogs croaking near the lakeside in the deep darkness of tonight, reminding us of deep love pockets in the beautiful earth you have given us. Their music often is like a heavenly choir where your love surrounds us all more than we love each other. Their joyful noise fills the soul with your presence in nature, in our homes, and in our hearts.

Thank you for the sense of humor each of us has on our best days, and help us deal honestly with every task you put before us, just as the frogs sing their souls from the heart for each other.

Jesus, you reminded us that if God knows the number of feathers on each sparrow, and you told of early men of faith who were aware that God knows us from the instant we are formed, before our mother knew we were alive and inside her, with cells doing their intelligent job of creating who we are at your command when you placed dna in our cells to make no two alike in the human race except for identical twins. Thank you for diversity of us, Lord, and help us lean in favor of laughter rather than dismal thoughts of coulda woulda shoulda. Not only are you the sunshine of our hearts, you tantalize us with moonlight and roses, romance and feelings at each point on the continuum of feelings.

Right now, I am feeling grateful for all of your gifts, and tonight, I am enchanted by the frogs you placed here to sing their soul praises to you more melodically and eloquently than any of the other joyful noises I've heard. Thank you for music, and plant us in our hearts. Let music greet us in the good place the good book says you have prepared for believers. Thanks for your wonderful joy, of life, whether we are young or old, smiles we see in the writings of others, and please bless the words in my heart, Oh, Lord, my strength and my redeemer. Amen.

Dear Lord, Thank you for your kindly hand on those who love and serve the Word that you have given us, which tells of your salvation, and that teaches us to trust in you. We thank you for the life you gave us through our parents, and knowing the number of our days, please give us the wisdom we have from you to guide us into doing what is the right thing to do. Please help and hold my dear friend in the hospital who is suffering from widespread cancer in his body. Please bring him comfort and a trust in you that will pull him up from where he is to the safe keeping of your angels' arms around him. When he woke up out of his hopeless prison yesterday and began to fight for his right mind again, we hope he had a glimpse of your power to heal him, and that he accepts the healing and repair of his spirit to help him walk in the wellness that you bring us for our small slivers of faith in comparison. In all things, we thank you for your grace of salvation as taught in your love and described by John 3: 16-18 that encourages us to live by faith so strong it will carry us through the whirling winds of life. We ask you for a revival in dead hearts to see and be open to your love for all mankind, and give them the strength that they need to fight back the effects of unknown sins, their need for knowledge of your word by looking in faith into the storehouse of faith they will find for believing in the word that brings Christ's teachings to show that the sacrificial lamb helps them turn to the ways of peace and prosperity that you wish for all those who know you will help them become alive again through their trust in you. amen.

Dear Jesus,
Please comfort the families of those who lost loved ones in the terrorist acts on 9/11/2001. We bless you and thank you for the meaningful lives of First Responders who were clearing the building to minimize the loss of lives. We thank you for their bravery, their courage, and the thousands of lives they and their brothers and sisters saved on that terrible day. We love and honor you for letting us know how wonderful these people were, and we celebrate the goodness you gave them to be our forever American heroes.

Bless our country and help us through these days. Amen.

Dear Lord,
Thank you for the gift of life, for friends who care for us, and also for the unpleasant things that make us stronger in our faith that you love the people you created with the hope they would learn the ways of your Kingdom. Give us the patience and love to care for those who need us, and help us do things with no thought for ourselves, but for the ways of your Kingdom that we know through the teachings of Jesus in whom we believe your Word was made flesh and became the rock on which we built our lives and work for other people, whom we are commanded to pray for even when they hate us, revile us, belittle us, and even put us to death. We pray that you correct us to know that you are the light of the world, and not we ourselves. Thank you for love that is to come in whatever form your plans require. Thank you for those who gave their lives in wars we've had as the wonderful martyrs they were in giving all they had that our lives could be lived through the amazing country you gave our ancestors and soldiers who gave their all to make us who we are today. Help us be worthy of their sacrifices. Amen.

The Prayer of Jabez

But Jabez prayed to the God of Israel,
'"Bless me, God, and give me much land. Be with me and keep me from anything evil that might cause me pain." And God gave him what he prayed for.' 1 Chronicles 4:10 (GNT)

8 Simple Prayers in English - Basic Prayers of Thanks

really -

upload_2019-5-7_10-58-35-jpeg.259795

that's a one way street, beautress ...

I had forgotten, but recently was reminded of what happened to rebellious Spartacus and his slaves. Maybe he was an atheist. It's not sure what religion he was. The Romans were equal opportunity semi-fascists.

My prayer:

Dear gods, please protect me from those who worship you.

Dear Lord Jesus,

Thank you for saving the world by offering yourself as the sacrificial lamb for our sins, so that we may seek and find your grace and goodness in this world we live.

We ask you to forgive and encourage those who think they are beyond your help. We ask you for patience to hear those who are troubled over something that only you and he or she knows about, to resolve differences between friends and enemies alike, over something not known to others. We ask you to help us forgive someone who offended another or an entire group of your beloved ones.

We know that you forgive those who ask you to. We know you forgave Peter who forsook you three times on the worst and last day of your life. We know you have forgiven mentally sick people who were sorry their illness caused them to harm others. We know your angels are present when we are born, when we are troubled, and when we die. We know you prefer us to dedicate our lives to you when we become adults, or even after the world thinks it's too late to be sorry for something we did wrong. We don't know how we wrong others many times, so we ask your forgiveness for things unknown to us but known to the person who feels let down by us.

And we thank you forgiving us for all of the above and will help us to turn our lives around and do better starting from right now.

We ask your mercy on people who are experiencing pain due to loss of a loved one, whether through death or their decision to leave on unfriendly terms, or who break our hearts in some way. Please help us get through loss and accept it and to quickly find other paths to try to do better the next time by not repeating errors.

And we thank you for being a rock as we read the good book you gave us through blessed hands that wrote both good and bad things, so we could make a determination not to make their mistake of old. Please help us make time to read your word and be confident we can do better tomorrow than we did today.

We ask you to comfort those who have lost someone, be it friend or family, and thank you for washing us in the blood of your kindness to mankind so long ago on the cross where men persecuted a perfect you who was able to muster strength to ask the Father to forgive them for their wrong, knowing that you would consider nothing else but what we ask--that wrongdoers really be forgiven by you on the spot. We thank you for believers who we have seen forgive even murders of their children as they bury them.

Thank you dear lord for forgiving our foolish ways and teach us your sense of humility under fire as a teacher who loves us.

Amen.
Just a little doctrinal help. You pray to to the Father in the name of Jesus Christ by the power of the Holy Ghost. We should pray to the Father, not the Son
You must've missed Isaiah's prophecy about what the savior would be called. Think it's the sixth chapter and around the eighth verse or somewhere nearby. I''l go check. :brb9:

Oops, my bad. It's in the ninth chapter. Doh!
And His Name Shall Be Called Wonderful “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6 KJV
I am aware of the fact the Jews can't wrap their minds around the Christian godhead being three parts--the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit--the three in one. What it means to us is that we can be clear headed in saying "Hear, O Israel, the Lord, our God, the Lord is one." The concept of the Trinity is that God has three forms, which are united in the spirit. And the name of Jesus is prophesied many hundreds of years prior to his birth by Isaiah. In the ninth Chapter and the Sixth verse. The Book of John begins with "In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was With God, and the Word was God." The Apostles knew who Jesus was, but not until he rose from the dead and doubting Thomas even was convinced when he placed his hand upon the place where the nail was driven through his hand by the Romans to nail him to the Cross. He was revealed to the eleven. Judas had already killed himself. The Apostles had a lot to do after that, getting the Word out to the ends of the earth.

You may have heard it in Handel's Messiah, too. Handel was a stickler for getting it right. It starts about at time 1:20 on this particular video/youtube. :thanks:

There is another place we can verify the interchangability of Jesus with God when Jesus said, "I and my Father are One." I don't know where , but I'll find it in a jiffy.
BRB again.

John 10:30 Context

27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30I and my Father are one. 31Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

The Jews were like you. The concept that Jesus was one with the Father was beyond their understanding, so they took up rocks to stone him for blasphemy, which he did not commit. He and the Father are one and the same.

John was the beloved of Christ, and he furnished a book because the others had not quite gotten around to each and every point. It wasn't intentional, I'm sure, because every one of them is rumored to have said that he told them so much more than they wrote down. John the beloved of Christ, saw this as an unpardonable oversight, and did what he could to make CERTAIN people knew what Isaiah knew. That's why I am very comfortable with praying to Jesus, because the Bible says he is the Mighty God both in prophecies before his birth and following his crucifixion. John was a regular handy man of the group when it came to accuracy. That's all.

Is Jesus the Father?

no.
“we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity; Neither confounding the Persons, nor dividing the Substance.“

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back