Prayers to Jesus Christ, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Lord Jesus,

Thank you for saving the world by offering yourself as the sacrificial lamb for our sins, so that we may seek and find your grace and goodness in this world we live.

We ask you to forgive and encourage those who think they are beyond your help. We ask you for patience to hear those who are troubled over something that only you and he or she knows about, to resolve differences between friends and enemies alike, over something not known to others. We ask you to help us forgive someone who offended another or an entire group of your beloved ones.

We know that you forgive those who ask you to. We know you forgave Peter who forsook you three times on the worst and last day of your life. We know you have forgiven mentally sick people who were sorry their illness caused them to harm others. We know your angels are present when we are born, when we are troubled, and when we die. We know you prefer us to dedicate our lives to you when we become adults, or even after the world thinks it's too late to be sorry for something we did wrong. We don't know how we wrong others many times, so we ask your forgiveness for things unknown to us but known to the person who feels let down by us.

And we thank you forgiving us for all of the above and will help us to turn our lives around and do better starting from right now.

We ask your mercy on people who are experiencing pain due to loss of a loved one, whether through death or their decision to leave on unfriendly terms, or who break our hearts in some way. Please help us get through loss and accept it and to quickly find other paths to try to do better the next time by not repeating errors.

And we thank you for being a rock as we read the good book you gave us through blessed hands that wrote both good and bad things, so we could make a determination not to make their mistake of old. Please help us make time to read your word and be confident we can do better tomorrow than we did today.

We ask you to comfort those who have lost someone, be it friend or family, and thank you for washing us in the blood of your kindness to mankind so long ago on the cross where men persecuted a perfect you who was able to muster strength to ask the Father to forgive them for their wrong, knowing that you would consider nothing else but what we ask--that wrongdoers really be forgiven by you on the spot. We thank you for believers who we have seen forgive even murders of their children as they bury them.

Thank you dear lord for forgiving our foolish ways and teach us your sense of humility under fire as a teacher who loves us.

Amen.

Come soon, Lord

Hey: I'm in no hurry. He'll get here when He's ready. Besides, I want to have the boats fully repaired so I can take Him sailing.

Greg

Trolling Sweet Sue and Beautress now?

Just can't help yourself, can you?

Will Jesus forgive you?

Clue: it's really a shamrock.

:yapyapyapf:

Since he won't ask for forgiveness, on the Day of Judgment he stands condemned. Scary for him, actually.

He's legendary on the forums. Will troll anything.

He tried to get me for being an "anti-science creationist" on another thread. I said, great, let's talk about whether fetuses are babies and also, the science of gender.

Crickets.

Huh

That marchy chappie has had me on ignore for years. He has this thing against intelligent women. I consider it a waste of bandwidth.

Greg

I just put him on ignore. :)

Very good idea. I had him on ignore but it was a waste of time as he had ME on ignore. this way I can mock him and he can't do anything about it.

And I do. Remember the Crusades?? Nasty Catholics....lol

Greg

What? Is not YHWH eternal and unchanging? Therefore Jesus always been a part of that entity. Therefore he is his own son and father.

Will Jesus forgive you?

Clue: it's really a shamrock.

:yapyapyapf:

Since he won't ask for forgiveness, on the Day of Judgment he stands condemned. Scary for him, actually.

He tried to get me for being an "anti-science creationist" on another thread. I said, great, let's talk about whether fetuses are babies and also, the science of gender.

Crickets.

Huh

That's his schtick. So you've noticed his 'roamings'? His fingers must be busy today.

He's not too bright, assuming we wouldn't notice his silly game.

Crickets.

Huh

That marchy chappie has had me on ignore for years. He has this thing against intelligent women. I consider it a waste of bandwidth.

Greg

I just put him on ignore. :)

Very good idea. I had him on ignore but it was a waste of time as he had ME on ignore. this way I can mock him and he can't do anything about it.

And I do. Remember the Crusades?? Nasty Catholics....lol

Greg

A serious debater he is not.

He'll have seen that post. Imao.

Dear Lord Jesus,

Thank you for saving the world by offering yourself as the sacrificial lamb for our sins, so that we may seek and find your grace and goodness in this world we live.

We ask you to forgive and encourage those who think they are beyond your help. We ask you for patience to hear those who are troubled over something that only you and he or she knows about, to resolve differences between friends and enemies alike, over something not known to others. We ask you to help us forgive someone who offended another or an entire group of your beloved ones.

We know that you forgive those who ask you to. We know you forgave Peter who forsook you three times on the worst and last day of your life. We know you have forgiven mentally sick people who were sorry their illness caused them to harm others. We know your angels are present when we are born, when we are troubled, and when we die. We know you prefer us to dedicate our lives to you when we become adults, or even after the world thinks it's too late to be sorry for something we did wrong. We don't know how we wrong others many times, so we ask your forgiveness for things unknown to us but known to the person who feels let down by us.

And we thank you forgiving us for all of the above and will help us to turn our lives around and do better starting from right now.

We ask your mercy on people who are experiencing pain due to loss of a loved one, whether through death or their decision to leave on unfriendly terms, or who break our hearts in some way. Please help us get through loss and accept it and to quickly find other paths to try to do better the next time by not repeating errors.

And we thank you for being a rock as we read the good book you gave us through blessed hands that wrote both good and bad things, so we could make a determination not to make their mistake of old. Please help us make time to read your word and be confident we can do better tomorrow than we did today.

We ask you to comfort those who have lost someone, be it friend or family, and thank you for washing us in the blood of your kindness to mankind so long ago on the cross where men persecuted a perfect you who was able to muster strength to ask the Father to forgive them for their wrong, knowing that you would consider nothing else but what we ask--that wrongdoers really be forgiven by you on the spot. We thank you for believers who we have seen forgive even murders of their children as they bury them.

Thank you dear lord for forgiving our foolish ways and teach us your sense of humility under fire as a teacher who loves us.

Amen.

Come soon, Lord
No man knoweth the day or the hour but My Father only

Since when does "Come soon Lord" or even "I think the Lord is coming soon" turn into a lecture on no one knows the hour or the day? I never professed to knowing the hour, day, year or even decade, folks. But saying come soon Lord always brings out the tongue clucking for some reason....

Will Jesus forgive you?
Perhaps you can remove the deafening silence as I'm sure you know more about the Semitic religions than I. Is it the case Jesus must always have been part of YHWH and is therefore both his own son and his own father? Or did YHWH's attributes change 2000 odd years ago?

The school ma'am church lady wouldn't give her position on creationism, after dismissing observed evidence of increased global temperatures. Instead she deflected as would any school ma'am challenged by a pupil. She learnt her lessons well. I had one like that in my primary education experience. An older woman, often wrong but never uncertain.

Now why don’t you be honest. You’re an atheist, right?

So your motives are biased and disingenuous as there are no religious beliefs or practices that you accept.
Now why don’t you be honest.

you've been requested to divulge what sins you are unable to stop committing, bing - give your answer or stop following me around ...

it's uncomfortable dealing with sinners as it is, they have no honesty, only to mimic and repeat their past performances proving they are incapable of deciphering reasoned responses.
And I answered before. Here it is again. Pride, selfishness. You know a thing or two about those I bet.

I’m never going to stop opposing you. Get used to it.
And I answered before. Here it is again. Pride, selfishness. You know a thing or two about those I bet.

I’m never going to stop opposing you. Get used to it.

you place your responses out of context without answering the objective question - there are no sins that can not be overcome that are self inflicted or regrettably inflicted by others the most difficult, your failure to address the issue is your problem not mine.

if that is why you have chosen the false religion of christianity to skirt the issue of correcting your errors just be reminded your 4th century christian bible does not reflect the religion of antiquity or that of the events of the 1st century and it is you who is in opposition without remorse for the uninterrupted crimes of persecution and victimization of the innocent you are guilty of from the 4th century to the present day.

good luck, creep.
No one will ever be free of imperfection. Practicing a religion won’t change that.

So your argument is flawed because your measure of success is flawed. The true measure of success is progress. Of course even that is not a straight line.

The fool calls others fools while believing he himself is not foolish.
Thanks for posting Ding. I'm a little under the weather with some bronchitis. Got some new over the counter cough medicine that said it was nondrowsy, but I'm nodding off and finding a row of letters when I wake with a start. So it's naptime for old ladies with coughs. Yesterday was worse than today, I woke up and found 8 or 9 rows of lower-case a's . lol May the good Lord bless and keep you.... and those on my ignore list who I can no loger see.
I hope you are feeling better today.

Will Jesus forgive you?
Perhaps you can remove the deafening silence as I'm sure you know more about the Semitic religions than I. Is it the case Jesus must always have been part of YHWH and is therefore both his own son and his own father? Or did YHWH's attributes change 2000 odd years ago?

That's not a valid question, coming from you. Merely clickbait. And you know it.

:aargh:

The school ma'am church lady wouldn't give her position on creationism, after dismissing observed evidence of increased global temperatures. Instead she deflected as would any school ma'am challenged by a pupil. She learnt her lessons well. I had one like that in my primary education experience. An older woman, often wrong but never uncertain.

As she has put you on iggy, let's dump that irrelevant and insignificant post into the ether.

:dig:

Will Jesus forgive you?
A two dimensional being would have an easier time trying to understand our 3rd dimension than we would in understanding a multidimensional being that exists outside of space and time.

But to answer your question, the trinity is not a mystery to be solved but rather is a relationship to be entered into. Only through that experience can the evidence you seek be discovered firsthand.

Dear Lord Jesus,

Amen.

Come soon, Lord

that is not true, a deliberate misconception of the 4th century. -

the religion of antiquity as the preface for the events of the 1st century made it clear the final judgement will be made when the Triumph by humanity is concluded with the passing of the last for which any doubt remained.

Is Jesus part of your god? If so, when did that happen?
The Bible teaches that God is beyond description. This means that the source of any description we have of God is by humans, using language and description humans understand: Descriptions such as God's right arm has struck with power, the right hand of God, even God's nostrils flared (meaning He was angry). To reinforce we can only imagine the greatness and magnificence of God--or what He looks like, we are to imagine all of creation everywhere, everything in the multiverse being as a few grains of sand in the hand of God--who has no hands. In other words, humans are unable to picture God. Humans are extremely limited.

Trinity is yet another way some humans push to better understand God. The Apostle John presents it this way: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The Bible teaches that God spoke material things into existence. It speaks of the Spirit of God hovering over the waters. In the very first verses of the first book of the Bible, we have the mind/intelligence of, the powerful Word of God, and God's Spirit covering our world. Imagine a human who can speak a word, and that word (without any mechanical help) can go hundreds of miles to audibly speak with someone, without the human ever taking a step; that the word is an intelligence and entity in its own right. Imagine a human saying, "I'll be with you in spirit" and that spirit actually being there, not simply a nice sentiment.

Trying to imagine God is beyond our ken, we have to accept that, yet people cannot. For example, one of the first things someone might ask is, "Does that mean God was without a "voice/word" all the time Jesus was on earth? Of course not! Picture a balloon. Does putting air into a balloon entrap all air? God sending forth His Word in human form does not mean that all the infinite Word was somehow forced into that "balloon."

The Bible teaches that God is beyond description ...Trying to imagine God is beyond our ken, we have to accept that, yet people cannot.

that is christianity makes evil involatile, something for them to live with ... as described by their post, without foundation.

God sending forth His Word in human form does not mean that all the infinite Word was somehow forced into that "balloon."
I did say 'part of'. In which case the father is the son and the son is the father. Except that's unexplainably not the case.

Too, I'd have thought any one part of divinity contained all of divinity. After all, you say Jesus is the word of god and the word is god. Still, ineffable R us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back