Easter question: What can Christians on the left and right do about the evil of our world?

joeblack81

Rookie
Apr 15, 2019
See sin for what it is — mosque shootings, Catholic sex abuse, college admissions scandal, hate tweets — and dare to live a new world into being.
Presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg caught the attention of many in the religious world recently when he shared his views on the importance of the “religious left” in America. “When I go to church," Buttigieg said last month on "On Real Time with Bill Maher," "what I hear a lot about is protecting the downtrodden, and standing up the immigrant, and being skeptical of authority sometimes, and making sure you look after the poor and the prisoner. I mean, to me, that’s the sort of thing that the religious left, often without much attention, has been arguing for my whole lifetime.

See sin for what it is — mosque shootings, Catholic sex abuse, college admissions scandal, hate tweets — and dare to live a new world into being.
Presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg caught the attention of many in the religious world recently when he shared his views on the importance of the “religious left” in America. “When I go to church," Buttigieg said last month on "On Real Time with Bill Maher," "what I hear a lot about is protecting the downtrodden, and standing up the immigrant, and being skeptical of authority sometimes, and making sure you look after the poor and the prisoner. I mean, to me, that’s the sort of thing that the religious left, often without much attention, has been arguing for my whole lifetime.

What he should be hearing about is Jesus Christ instead of his own attempts at righteousness

But the Left got no time for that of course

Live one's own life according to one's beliefs; set a good example. Do good and stand between evil and its intended victims. Pray and meditate.

Just the usual.

Greg

No such thing as a christian leftist

Actually the Christian right are hypocrites. Very unchristian like, but they know it. Look at holy roller Sarah Sanders, she lies like Tramp.
Look at their leader.

And make no mistake, Donald Trump IS the leader of the Christian right.

Donald Trump is a role model for the children of the Christian right.

These are NOT the same Christians I grew up with. Today's radical and racist Christian right is nothing like traditional Christianity.

Actually the Christian right are hypocrites. Very unchristian like, but they know it. Look at holy roller Sarah Sanders, she lies like Tramp.
Look at their leader.

These are NOT the same Christians I grew up with. Today's radical and racist Christian right is nothing like traditional Christianity.

You wouldn't know "traditional Christianity" if it fell on your head, and neither would Penny

Look at their leader.

You wouldn't know "traditional Christianity" if it fell on your head, and neither would Penny

What do you know about Christianity?

Easter question: What can Christians on the left and right do about the evil of our world?

Contribute less.

Look at their leader.

Where do you want me to start Penny? I mean ask me a question. But even your question, no doubt, will reveal a stunning lack of self-awareness

Look at their leader.

Where do you want me to start Penny? I mean ask me a question. But even your question, no doubt, will reveal a stunning lack of self-awareness
Do you think that all that hate in your heart will cause you problems come the rapture ?

Look at their leader.

Do you think that all that hate in your heart will cause you problems come the rapture ?

Why are you judging my heart, Tommy?

Look at their leader.

I went to Catholic School and we actually read the Bible. We had assignments from the Bible.
It was nothing like what right wingers teach today.
Adultery is NOT excusable.
Tax cuts for billionaires is NOT what Jesus preached.
Racism shouldn't be promoted.
See what I mean?

D3E2uDRWoAA4Jhi.jpg

Look at their leader.

I went to Catholic School and we actually read the Bible. We had assignments from the Bible.
Racism isn't promoted.
See what I mean?

D3E2uDRWoAA4Jhi.jpg

Donald Trump has adultery in his past but he is not preaching it as PUBLIC POLICY.

What you want us to do is vote for politicians who endorse BABY KILLING AS PUBLIC POLICY.

Look at their leader.

Tommy do you suppose that we are to put up with your anti-Christian rot and say nothing? Oh that's right. If we speak back we have "hate in our heart". I don't hate you. Or Penny. Or Dean. I think you're deluded and I feel sorry for all of you.

Look at their leader.

See what I mean?

D3E2uDRWoAA4Jhi.jpg
The Good Samaritan didnt ask if the guy had insurance.

Look at their leader.

See what I mean?

D3E2uDRWoAA4Jhi.jpg
The Good Samaritan didnt ask if the guy had insurance.

The Good Samaritan DIDN'T EXPECT DADDY GOVERNMENT TO PAY, Leftist

Look at their leader.

Tommy do you suppose that we are to put up with your anti-Christian rot and say nothing? Oh that's right. If we speak back we have "hate in our heart". I don't hate you. Or Penny. Or Dean. I think you're deluded and I feel sorry for all of you.
The first post of yours I read was full of loony conspiracy theories about Germans. It was dripping with hate. Hate seems to be an integral part of the US evangelical cult.

Forum List

Back