Prayers to Jesus Christ, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Moonglow, I was just starting a thread for believers, and the best way to start something is to do it yourself. Since you hate people who bow to God in prayer in private and in public, please put me on your ignore list so you will not be contaminated by what I learned from teaching religious classes for a dozen years. You'll be a lot less judgmental if you don't expose yourself to Christians you cannot abide. We all see the beautiful world God's gift to us from different angles. Mine is just one of them. Deal? :)
You did not pray to God you prayed to his son Jesus...
What’s the difference?
In God's book that is wrong.
Depends on which God Book you believe in.
In the New Testiment Jesus is God.

But didn’t the real sinners of the day get off scott free by Jesus taking the rap for them?
That was a hard one for St. Paul, too, in his conversation with the Romans. I think they were enjoying a little too many bad things with the thought they were set free from ALL worries. So when St. Paul asked them to answer the question that could truly free them was something like this: "What, shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid!!!!" was his response to that very question. So he wrote them that letter to help them get back on track.

Edit: Oh, yes, that's his epistle to the Romans recorded here: Romans (KJV) : King James Version : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Last edited:
Dear Lord,

Thank for this day you made, thank you for leaving us the good book, and most of all thank you for others who know your wisdom, your works, and your truth. Please strengthen us to love others as you did on this earth, and for the eternity you have lived since the beginning as the alpha and will be with mankind till the omega. Amen

W/O God the Father Jesus wouldn’t exist so now you know I feel
I’ve never heard a evangelical pray to the Holy Ghost
Interesting. Does that mean Evangelists deny the Trinity? Further, are there then two gods, Jesus and YHWH, or if not, how does that work?

Last edited:
Dear Lord, thank you for our freedoms and for sending us a leader who will restore our nation to your beloved ways of kindness and humility. We thank you for bringing our leader through his trial with rejoicing. We ask that you open your heart to those who are sorry they engaged in egregious speech that were not based in your love and were not based in your truth, that hurt the leader you furnished to end misuse of the Constitution that you blessed a nation of beggars that we were. I am in awe of how our rag-tag band of the first army staved off tyrants and won your favor and for giving us the right leader at the right time whose name was George Washington, who was a dear man of prayers in almost every single thing that he did or said, who made losers win a war and inspired a Congress of citizens to find the right words to place in a document that guaranteed all men would be equal, knowing that love and freedom comes only through you as it is like part of the Kingdom of God that you have prepared for us who fear only you and are led by you to be fearless against wrongful things. Give us rest from a long day of restoration of our nation back to truthfulness, humility, prayers for forgiveness, and acceptance of your good will. Please help us be a nation that prays again, a nation that believes in the goodness you offer to mankind and never forgetting again that you are God, your instructions the gold of the heart, and obedience so true that it brings your kingdom into our hearts to bless others. Thanks for the armor that your word gives us protection from falsehood, and the desire to do right. In your wonderful name we pray with thanksgiving to you for granting us renewed leadership based on prayer and praise. Amen.

For all of you naysayers...

Heavenly Father, thank you for this day. We praise you for your glory. Our worship of you is shown in the things we do in our daily lives. Treating everything we do as a sacred act for your glory.

Please guide me in doing your will rather than mine. Please encourage me when I fail. Please teach me your way and not my way. Please remind me to ask what you want and not what I want and to listen for your guidance.

Please grant me peace through the storm and let your light shine through me so that others may see the way.

Please soften the heart of the naysayers so that rather than focusing on the form of religion they may see the meaning instead. So that they too will learn your ways and find peace through the storm. Please teach them that the trinity is not a mystery to be solved but a relationship to be entered into.

I ask these things in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Amen.

Acts 5:27-32

27. When they had brought them, they had them stand before the council. The high priest questioned them,
28. saying, "We gave you strict orders not to teach in this name, yet here you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and you are determined to bring this man's blood on us."
29. But Peter and the apostles answered, "We must obey God rather than any human authority.
30. The God of our ancestors raised up Jesus, whom you had killed by hanging him on a tree.
31. God exalted him at his right hand as Leader and Savior that he might give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins.
32. And we are witnesses to these things, and so is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey him."

Dear Lord, Thank you for your salvation. Thank you for the Holy Spirit who teaches us who you are from ancient prophets who knew who you were and your plan to clarify your word from man's. Thank you for Isaiah who knew you would come down to earth and who would give an outline to us for clean living, humble walking, a love for truth and justice, and bring hope to those who do not know you are there for them through faith and through belief in the son's words. Write these words on our hearts, Lord, and keep us in the light of your countenance wherever we go. Thank you for this beautiful day and heal us for living for your good purposes. Amen.

Well, Moonglow, I was just starting a thread for believers, and the best way to start something is to do it yourself. Since you hate people who bow to God in prayer in private and in public, please put me on your ignore list so you will not be contaminated by what I learned from teaching religious classes for a dozen years. You'll be a lot less judgmental if you don't expose yourself to Christians you cannot abide. We all see the beautiful world God's gift to us from different angles. Mine is just one of them. Deal? :)
What’s the difference?
In God's book, Christ is our inheritance and is one with the Father. As such, he has been accorded the power to bless, forgive, heal, to take the place of sacrifice through his physical death on the cross, his resurrection, his gift of the holy spirit, his ascension to reign as mankind's savior for ever and ever.

His book expresses nakedness as an unacceptable in his sight. For that reason of showing your butt here and for your abuse in a House of Prayer, I am placing you on ignore for being an insincere witness who is forcefully abusing the teachings of Christ who taught from the scriptures and who, being God made flesh according to Old Testament Prophets, came not to remove existing wisdom of God from old, but to make it plain to his followers as the sole son of God and his heir.

Those who come here to abuse simple people like me and others with bitterness and condemnation sans any prayers will meet the same fate because this thread is for prayer, not stabbing people in the backs because of disagreements on other threads not dedicated to the Lord. For in him there is not any darkness, only love and glory, and protection for elderly widows.

Dear Lord Jesus,

Thank you for saving the world by offering yourself as the sacrificial lamb for our sins, so that we may seek and find your grace and goodness in this world we live.

We ask you to forgive and encourage those who think they are beyond your help. We ask you for patience to hear those who are troubled over something that only you and he or she knows about, to resolve differences between friends and enemies alike, over something not known to others. We ask you to help us forgive someone who offended another or an entire group of your beloved ones.

We know that you forgive those who ask you to. We know you forgave Peter who forsook you three times on the worst and last day of your life. We know you have forgiven mentally sick people who were sorry their illness caused them to harm others. We know your angels are present when we are born, when we are troubled, and when we die. We know you prefer us to dedicate our lives to you when we become adults, or even after the world thinks it's too late to be sorry for something we did wrong. We don't know how we wrong others many times, so we ask your forgiveness for things unknown to us but known to the person who feels let down by us.

And we thank you forgiving us for all of the above and will help us to turn our lives around and do better starting from right now.

We ask your mercy on people who are experiencing pain due to loss of a loved one, whether through death or their decision to leave on unfriendly terms, or who break our hearts in some way. Please help us get through loss and accept it and to quickly find other paths to try to do better the next time by not repeating errors.

And we thank you for being a rock as we read the good book you gave us through blessed hands that wrote both good and bad things, so we could make a determination not to make their mistake of old. Please help us make time to read your word and be confident we can do better tomorrow than we did today.

We ask you to comfort those who have lost someone, be it friend or family, and thank you for washing us in the blood of your kindness to mankind so long ago on the cross where men persecuted a perfect you who was able to muster strength to ask the Father to forgive them for their wrong, knowing that you would consider nothing else but what we ask--that wrongdoers really be forgiven by you on the spot. We thank you for believers who we have seen forgive even murders of their children as they bury them.

Thank you dear lord for forgiving our foolish ways and teach us your sense of humility under fire as a teacher who loves us.

Amen.
Just a little doctrinal help. You pray to to the Father in the name of Jesus Christ by the power of the Holy Ghost. We should pray to the Father, not the Son

John 14: 6
Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
That doesn’t mean we pray to him
Here’s a little scriptures help
Start with
Teach us to pray as johns desciples taught them to pray
I don’t recall them praying that moment to Jesus at that time which shoulda happened if I accept your interpretation
Second
I pray to the same God Jesus prayed to
I follow the scriptures not some dogma

What interpretation?
All I did was put up a scripture quote from John 14:6 and nothing else.
Bless you for your courage to share God's words, peach174.

John 16:23-24
“In that day you will not question me about anything Truly, truly, I say to you, if you ask the Heavenly Father for anything in my name, He will give it to you. “Until now you have asked for nothing in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be made full.
Likkmee, thank you for sharing your scripture. It gives us license to ask God through Jesus' name, as he is my personal savior because he gave himself for me on the Cross along with all those who believe in Him. Thanks again for sharing, and a thumbs up to ya, lad. :)

What’s the difference?
In God's book, Christ is our inheritance and is one with the Father. As such, he has been accorded the power to bless, forgive, heal, to take the place of sacrifice through his physical death on the cross, his resurrection, his gift of the holy spirit, his ascension to reign as mankind's savior for ever and ever.

His book expresses nakedness as an unacceptable in his sight. For that reason of showing your butt here and for your abuse in a House of Prayer, I am placing you on ignore for being an insincere witness who is forcefully abusing the teachings of Christ who taught from the scriptures and who, being God made flesh according to Old Testament Prophets, came not to remove existing wisdom of God from old, but to make it plain to his followers as the sole son of God and his heir.

Those who come here to abuse simple people like me and others with bitterness and condemnation sans any prayers will meet the same fate because this thread is for prayer, not stabbing people in the backs because of disagreements on other threads not dedicated to the Lord. For in him there is not any darkness, only love and glory, and protection for elderly widows.
Nope God is not embarrassed by our nakedness it is his creation which is embarrassed by nakedness. God created man with no clothing and that is the way man lived until being exiled from the garden...I have abused no one and only gave my interpretation..

What’s the difference?
Then the idea of Jesus being god doesn't jibe with the law of Moses.

What’s the difference?
What law is that?
Thou shall put no God before me.

Jesus was God on Earth.

What’s the difference?
What law is that?
That they will worship no other god than the god of Abraham.

What’s the difference?
What law is that?
Jesus was his son.....born 2000 years later.
So of course Moses didn't know about him.

What law is that?
Jesus was his son.....born 2000 years later.
So of course Moses didn't know about him.
You don't think God gave them all a debriefing?

I was just starting a thread for believers

I believe Jesus said it better than I could. He said: "I and the Father are one." He also said, as Peach above mentioned, "No man cometh to the Father but by me."

it's sad christians have to use coercion, an obvious 4th century forgery to entrap others to participate in their religion ... where ever is a document by Jesus they wrote for posterity anything the op alludes to in all their prayers or from other than their book.

I was just starting a thread for believers

I believe Jesus said it better than I could. He said: "I and the Father are one." He also said, as Peach above mentioned, "No man cometh to the Father but by me."

it's sad christians have to use coercion, an obvious 4th century forgery to entrap others to participate in their religion ... where ever is a document by Jesus they wrote for posterity anything the op alludes to in all their prayers or from other than their book.
Coercion? Forgery?

Hardly. Feel free to back it up, Ivan.

Dear Jesus,

Please protect Brienne, Arya, Gendry, Ghost, the Dragons, Davos, Jaime, Tyrion, Aegon, Pod, the Hound, Tormund, Sam, and Gilly as they fight for the living in the battle for Winterfell this weekend. The dead can have the rest. Amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back