Prayers to Jesus Christ, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Lord Jesus,

Thank you for saving the world by offering yourself as the sacrificial lamb for our sins, so that we may seek and find your grace and goodness in this world we live.

We ask you to forgive and encourage those who think they are beyond your help. We ask you for patience to hear those who are troubled over something that only you and he or she knows about, to resolve differences between friends and enemies alike, over something not known to others. We ask you to help us forgive someone who offended another or an entire group of your beloved ones.

We know that you forgive those who ask you to. We know you forgave Peter who forsook you three times on the worst and last day of your life. We know you have forgiven mentally sick people who were sorry their illness caused them to harm others. We know your angels are present when we are born, when we are troubled, and when we die. We know you prefer us to dedicate our lives to you when we become adults, or even after the world thinks it's too late to be sorry for something we did wrong. We don't know how we wrong others many times, so we ask your forgiveness for things unknown to us but known to the person who feels let down by us.

And we thank you forgiving us for all of the above and will help us to turn our lives around and do better starting from right now.

We ask your mercy on people who are experiencing pain due to loss of a loved one, whether through death or their decision to leave on unfriendly terms, or who break our hearts in some way. Please help us get through loss and accept it and to quickly find other paths to try to do better the next time by not repeating errors.

And we thank you for being a rock as we read the good book you gave us through blessed hands that wrote both good and bad things, so we could make a determination not to make their mistake of old. Please help us make time to read your word and be confident we can do better tomorrow than we did today.

We ask you to comfort those who have lost someone, be it friend or family, and thank you for washing us in the blood of your kindness to mankind so long ago on the cross where men persecuted a perfect you who was able to muster strength to ask the Father to forgive them for their wrong, knowing that you would consider nothing else but what we ask--that wrongdoers really be forgiven by you on the spot. We thank you for believers who we have seen forgive even murders of their children as they bury them.

Thank you dear lord for forgiving our foolish ways and teach us your sense of humility under fire as a teacher who loves us.

Amen.
Just a little doctrinal help. You pray to to the Father in the name of Jesus Christ by the power of the Holy Ghost. We should pray to the Father, not the Son
You must've missed Isaiah's prophecy about what the savior would be called. Think it's the sixth chapter and around the eighth verse or somewhere nearby. I''l go check. :brb9:

Oops, my bad. It's in the ninth chapter. Doh!
And His Name Shall Be Called Wonderful “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6 KJV
I am aware of the fact the Jews can't wrap their minds around the Christian godhead being three parts--the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit--the three in one. What it means to us is that we can be clear headed in saying "Hear, O Israel, the Lord, our God, the Lord is one." The concept of the Trinity is that God has three forms, which are united in the spirit. And the name of Jesus is prophesied many hundreds of years prior to his birth by Isaiah. In the ninth Chapter and the Sixth verse. The Book of John begins with "In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was With God, and the Word was God." The Apostles knew who Jesus was, but not until he rose from the dead and doubting Thomas even was convinced when he placed his hand upon the place where the nail was driven through his hand by the Romans to nail him to the Cross. He was revealed to the eleven. Judas had already killed himself. The Apostles had a lot to do after that, getting the Word out to the ends of the earth.

You may have heard it in Handel's Messiah, too. Handel was a stickler for getting it right. It starts about at time 1:20 on this particular video/youtube. :thanks:

There is another place we can verify the interchangability of Jesus with God when Jesus said, "I and my Father are One." I don't know where , but I'll find it in a jiffy.
BRB again.

John 10:30 Context

27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30I and my Father are one. 31Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

The Jews were like you. The concept that Jesus was one with the Father was beyond their understanding, so they took up rocks to stone him for blasphemy, which he did not commit. He and the Father are one and the same.

John was the beloved of Christ, and he furnished a book because the others had not quite gotten around to each and every point. It wasn't intentional, I'm sure, because every one of them is rumored to have said that he told them so much more than they wrote down. John the beloved of Christ, saw this as an unpardonable oversight, and did what he could to make CERTAIN people knew what Isaiah knew. That's why I am very comfortable with praying to Jesus, because the Bible says he is the Mighty God both in prophecies before his birth and following his crucifixion. John was a regular handy man of the group when it came to accuracy. That's all.

Last edited:
Dear Lord Jesus,

Thank you for saving the world by offering yourself as the sacrificial lamb for our sins, so that we may seek and find your grace and goodness in this world we live.

We ask you to forgive and encourage those who think they are beyond your help. We ask you for patience to hear those who are troubled over something that only you and he or she knows about, to resolve differences between friends and enemies alike, over something not known to others. We ask you to help us forgive someone who offended another or an entire group of your beloved ones.

We know that you forgive those who ask you to. We know you forgave Peter who forsook you three times on the worst and last day of your life. We know you have forgiven mentally sick people who were sorry their illness caused them to harm others. We know your angels are present when we are born, when we are troubled, and when we die. We know you prefer us to dedicate our lives to you when we become adults, or even after the world thinks it's too late to be sorry for something we did wrong. We don't know how we wrong others many times, so we ask your forgiveness for things unknown to us but known to the person who feels let down by us.

And we thank you forgiving us for all of the above and will help us to turn our lives around and do better starting from right now.

We ask your mercy on people who are experiencing pain due to loss of a loved one, whether through death or their decision to leave on unfriendly terms, or who break our hearts in some way. Please help us get through loss and accept it and to quickly find other paths to try to do better the next time by not repeating errors.

And we thank you for being a rock as we read the good book you gave us through blessed hands that wrote both good and bad things, so we could make a determination not to make their mistake of old. Please help us make time to read your word and be confident we can do better tomorrow than we did today.

We ask you to comfort those who have lost someone, be it friend or family, and thank you for washing us in the blood of your kindness to mankind so long ago on the cross where men persecuted a perfect you who was able to muster strength to ask the Father to forgive them for their wrong, knowing that you would consider nothing else but what we ask--that wrongdoers really be forgiven by you on the spot. We thank you for believers who we have seen forgive even murders of their children as they bury them.

Thank you dear lord for forgiving our foolish ways and teach us your sense of humility under fire as a teacher who loves us.

Amen.
Just a little doctrinal help. You pray to to the Father in the name of Jesus Christ by the power of the Holy Ghost. We should pray to the Father, not the Son
You must've missed Isaiah's prophecy about what the savior would be called. Think it's the sixth chapter and around the eighth verse or somewhere nearby. I''l go check. :brb9:

And His Name Shall Be Called Wonderful “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6 KJV
I am aware of the fact the Jews can't wrap their minds around the Christian godhead being three parts--the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit--the three in one. What it means to us is that we can be clear headed in saying "Hear, O Israel, the Lord, our God, the Lord is one." The concept of the Trinity is that God has three forms, which are united in the spirit. And the name of Jesus is prophesied many hundreds of years prior to his birth by Isaiah. In the ninth Chapter and the Sixth verse. The Book of John begins with "In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was With God, and the Word was God." The Apostles knew who Jesus was, but not until he rose from the dead and doubting Thomas even was convinced when he placed his hand upon the place where the nail was driven through his hand by the Romans to nail him to the Cross. He was revealed to the eleven. Judas had already killed himself. The Apostles had a lot to do after that, getting the Word out to the ends of the earth.

You may have heard it in Handel's Messiah, too. Handel was a stickler for getting it right. It starts about at time 1:20 on this particular video/youtube. :thanks:

There is another place we can verify the interchangability of Jesus with God when Jesus said, "I and my Father are One." I don't know where , but I'll find it in a jiffy.
BRB again.

27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30I and my Father are one. 31Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

The Jews were like you. The concept that Jesus was one with the Father was beyond their understanding, so they took up rocks to stone him for blasphemy, which he did not commit. He and the Father are one and the same.

John was the beloved of Christ, and he furnished a book because the others had not quite gotten around to each and every point. It wasn't intentional, I'm sure, because every one of them is rumored to have said that he told them so much more than they wrote down. John the beloved of Christ, saw this as an unpardonable oversight, and did what he could to make CERTAIN people knew what Isaiah knew. That's why I am very comfortable with praying to Jesus, because the Bible says he is the Mighty God both in prophecies before his birth and following his crucifixion. John was a regular handy man of the group when it came to accuracy. That's all.

Is Jesus the Father?

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites
are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and
in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men.
Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Matthew 6:5
Everybody look at MG. He knows a trick scripture

That's not all, I hear he also knows how to roll over and can play Beethoven's Fifth Symphony with a spoons and a kazoo.

Remember the calendar is off by 4 to 7 years because Denis the small made a mistake in his calculations in the 6 th century and they never corrected it so your prayer to Jesus is off by a number of years and will not reach him or you might get a RETURN(HASHEV) to sender like that Elvis song... Wink...

Dear Lord Jesus,

Amen.

BRB again.

Is Jesus the Father?

I believe Jesus said it better than I could. He said: "I and the Father are one." He also said, as Peach above mentioned, "No man cometh to the Father but by me." He also inferred words to the effect that his followers would receive the Holy Spirit that would guide and sustain them. Since the Holy Spirit has an element of joy, that's how I know what he said was the truth.

I'm not educated in seminary things, Tyrone. All I know is that I love the Lord and talk to him when the day is done in prayer. And I know he listens.

I hope that helps you, I just started this thread for people who want to stop and say a little something to the Lord. His love for you is deep and true. Don't sweat the small stuff. Take it to the Lord in prayer.

Dear Lord,
Thanks for this day that you have given us. Help us use time wisely, and remember your words. Amen.

Remember the calendar is off by 4 to 7 years because Denis the small made a mistake in his calculations in the 6 th century and they never corrected it so your prayer to Jesus is off by a number of years and will not reach him or you might get a RETURN(HASHEV) to sender like that Elvis song... Wink...
In him there no darkness is, doll. :)

Dear Lord,

Thank you for your love and endless patience with us. Grant us the grace to be patient with each other. Help us always to remember Jesus' instructions to us to love one another.

Amen.

Again, to quote the kids from South Park, you should concentrate on what Jesus had to say, not how he died.

Concentrating on how he died is what people did in the Dark Ages, and it had really bad results.

Dear Lord Jesus,

Amen.

John 14: 6
Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
That doesn’t mean we pray to him
Here’s a little scriptures help
Start with
Teach us to pray as johns desciples taught them to pray
I don’t recall them praying that moment to Jesus at that time which shoulda happened if I accept your interpretation
Second
I pray to the same God Jesus prayed to
I follow the scriptures not some dogma

Dear Lord Jesus,

Amen.

Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Start with
I don’t recall them praying that moment to Jesus at that time which shoulda happened if I accept your interpretation
Second

What interpretation?
All I did was put up a scripture quote from John 14:6 and nothing else.

Dear Lord Jesus,

Amen.

Start with
Second

What interpretation?
All I did was put up a scripture quote from John 14:6 and nothing else.
You’re looking at the wrong quote

Well, Moonglow, I was just starting a thread for believers, and the best way to start something is to do it yourself. Since you hate people who bow to God in prayer in private and in public, please put me on your ignore list so you will not be contaminated by what I learned from teaching religious classes for a dozen years. You'll be a lot less judgmental if you don't expose yourself to Christians you cannot abide. We all see the beautiful world God's gift to us from different angles. Mine is just one of them. Deal? :)
You did not pray to God you prayed to his son Jesus...
What’s the difference?

Well, Moonglow, I was just starting a thread for believers, and the best way to start something is to do it yourself. Since you hate people who bow to God in prayer in private and in public, please put me on your ignore list so you will not be contaminated by what I learned from teaching religious classes for a dozen years. You'll be a lot less judgmental if you don't expose yourself to Christians you cannot abide. We all see the beautiful world God's gift to us from different angles. Mine is just one of them. Deal? :)
You did not pray to God you prayed to his son Jesus...
What’s the difference?
In God's book that is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back