Pragmatism: Rubio sponsors bill to keep daylight savings time year round

If want it dark at 6pm, close the fucking blinds.

Maybe I want to enjoy the outside after I get home from work.

It’s gotta be only liberals who wish it would get dark at 4pm every day.

Actually I'm surprised that it really isn't on political lines. Some conservatives are not for it and some liberals are. Again, kind of surprised by the responses here.

anyone that has ever lived for any length of time where they do not do DST is against it.

That's not many in this country. If you're talking about people in other countries, how would they know if they liked it or not if they never had time changes?

Because a great many Americans have lived overseas, even if you have never left the country, many of us have.

you might want to try it once, just to see how the world looks outside of the US

If want it dark at 6pm, close the fucking blinds.

Maybe I want to enjoy the outside after I get home from work.

It’s gotta be only liberals who wish it would get dark at 4pm every day.

and it is only statist that what the government to fuck with the time so they can sit on their porches drinking a Miller Lite while the sun is still shining.

get your lazy ass out of bed earlier and get to work and you will plenty of sunlight when you get off work.

Then I must be a statist because that's exactly what I love to do; drinking a nice cold Molson and watching the sun go down. Nothing like it.

By the time I get home, have something to eat, relax for a while, it's already 7:00 or so. Even with daylight savings, still not a lot of time left to do things outside.

Lol, yup or wait 6 months and all good again!:113::19:

LOL. I would love more input from people here, but I think it will likely be a short-lived thread. From the few replies I got it seems that it's a pretty divided issue; something I wasn't expecting. What I do find a consensus on is that people are sick of time changes period.

Probably because it is harder to call people morons or stupid, never mind someone already did. Lol, to be serious I would rather be on daylight saving time permanently but if not fine. Just pick one or the other and quit fucking with it.

Yeah. Had the OP kept the dopey partisan slam out of the thread opener, I’d have had no reason to go there. He didn’t have to do that if he wanted a discussion about daylight savings. It was his choice.

Let's see if I have this correct. You come to a political forum and are upset at partisan comments? Furthermore, you read the OP and found something I said offensive, so you joined the discussion?

No, dummy. You don't have it correct. Try again.

Really? Then do tell, what did I have wrong?

Then I must be a statist because that's exactly what I love to do; drinking a nice cold Molson and watching the sun go down. Nothing like it.

I have been telling you that for a while. Glad you finally accept it.

By the time I get home, have something to eat, relax for a while, it's already 7:00 or so. Even with daylight savings, still not a lot of time left to do things outside.

Why should we move time around for you?

I am home by 4 because I am up at 4:30 and at work before 6.

Even without DST I still have time for a round of golf and a few beers before I watch the sunset.

I have been telling you that for a while. Glad you finally accept it.

Why should we move time around for you?

I am home by 4 because I am up at 4:30 and at work before 6.

Even without DST I still have time for a round of golf and a few beers before I watch the sunset.

I didn't say they should do it for me, just that I really love the idea. I'm pretty exhausted when I get home. My job is not real physical, but tiring. I sit all day so sitting isn't any kind of rest, and of course, neither is standing, so I lay down for an hour or so.

This may just happen. President Trump said he's okay with it.

President Trump: Permanent daylight saving time ‘OK with me!’

But I found an interesting piece of history in the story explaining DST and how it started.

Nationwide daylight saving time began 100 years ago during World War I. During the long days of summer, the sun rose in some Northern regions between 4 and 5 a.m., when most non-farmers were asleep. Sunset happened before 8 p.m. and people turned on lights. By moving the clocks ahead an hour, backers believed the country could divert a bit of coal-fired electricity to the military instead of using it for an hour of home power. It was again adopted in World War II.

After each war, Congress rescinded the national laws but many people liked the extra hour of sunshine at the end of summer days, so some states and even cities observed daylight time while others kept standard time year-round. That meant driving relatively short distances could result in a time change or three.

Forum List

Back