Senate Passed Bill to Make Daylight Savings Time Permanent by Unanimous Vote!!

Changing the clocks has always been hilariously absurd.

Agreed. You have to change the clock on your microwave, your stove, your car, perhaps your bedroom clocks. Then run around and do it all over again in a few months.

We could use our government to spend time on these little annoying things. For instance find a way to stop these foreign phone solicitors. I can't believe they have no possible way of detecting spoofed calls. We should also work on making our country 4 day work weeks using 10 hour days. One less day of rush hour back and forth to work. It would certainly have an impact on our gasoline prices and I think workers would generally like a three day weekend every week.

If they eliminate Daylight Savings time it's going to cause another "Y2K" fiasco.

Every computer in the country will need it's BIOS updated, every operating system and application that's time dependent updated. Even systems that run on UTC usually have to translate the UTC time to the local time.

Many old "out of support" systems will become dysfunctional and have to be replaced.

Oh well...keeps me in a job.....(like I don't have enough work....)

If they eliminate Daylight Savings time it's going to cause another "Y2K" fiasco.

Every computer in the country will need it's BIOS updated, every operating system and application that's time dependent updated. Even systems that run on UTC usually have to translate the UTC time to the local time.

Many old "out of support" systems will become dysfunctional and have to be replaced.

Oh well...keeps me in a job.....(like I don't have enough work....)

Was it as fiasco when they extended DST by 4 weeks back in 2005 or whenever it was around then

I couldn't care less really. It's never been any kind of issue to me, it was just one more thing to do in life is all it is. It's not even really a thing anymore with devices connected to the internet as they change themselves. All I had to change was 3 clocks manually.

Kind of sad that only thing we can get done with our government that isn't a travisty to our country is the dumbest and most meaningless thing possible. They can't fix any real problems but by God they can stop clock changes 2 times a year.

I would be rather happy if this is the only bill that passes the rest of the year

Arizonans be like:
pulp-fiction-john-travolta.gif
AZ hasn't changed their clocks for years. However, if I read this correctly, the national law will make DST the standard and AZ is on MST, so this would necessitate a one time change for them in 2023. I think HI might be affected as well.

I couldn't care less really. It's never been any kind of issue to me, it was just one more thing to do in life is all it is. It's not even really a thing anymore with devices connected to the internet as they change themselves. All I had to change was 3 clocks manually.

Kind of sad that only thing we can get done with our government that isn't a travisty to our country is the dumbest and most meaningless thing possible. They can't fix any real problems but by God they can stop clock changes 2 times a year.
The idiocy was when they started changing the clocks in the first place--time doesn't change. I am reminded of a story of an native American who, when informed of daylight savings time, stated that only a government bureaucrat would cut a foot from the bottom of a perfectly good blanket and sew it to the top and think it makes the blanket longer. SMFH. Idiots.

I don't recall them ever doing it before (unless you're talking about your state) but I know Rubio has brought this issue to Congress in the past and it kind of fizzed out. Like anything else there are people who like time changes like there are people who love wearing masks in public every chance they get. But now it seems they are getting some action on this measure and bipartisan support at that. Who knows, maybe this will finally happen and no more time changes after this. I certainly support keeping it daylight savings time. In the winter when I used to come home after work, I hated trying to clear the drive of snow when it was dark outside.
The people of WA state voted two years ago to make DST the standard. As usual, the do-nothing democrat government has done nothing to carry out the will of the majority. We vote on it and they sit on their hands after initiatives pass or disallow it on a technicality. WA state's government is as useless as ice cubes in Antarctica.

AZ hasn't changed their clocks for years. However, if I read this correctly, the national law will make DST the standard and AZ is on MST, so this would necessitate a one time change for them in 2023. I think HI might be affected as well.
I was going to say, it would be rather silly for us to permanently be on the same time as California.

The people of WA state voted two years ago to make DST the standard. As usual, the do-nothing democrat government has done nothing to carry out the will of the majority. We vote on it and they sit on their hands after initiatives pass or disallow it on a technicality. WA state's government is as useless as ice cubes in Antarctica.

I never looked into it real carefully but I remember people stating Indiana is the same way. Our state was talking about keeping DST two years ago and I couldn't wait for it to happen which it never did. Then Rubio brought up the issue on the national level at the same time and again, nothing happened with it. So I'm really hoping this takes place and nobody tries to stop it.

AZ hasn't changed their clocks for years. However, if I read this correctly, the national law will make DST the standard and AZ isso this would necessitate a one time change for them in 2023. I think HI might be affected as well.

If we decided to keep DST states still have the right to adjust their time to whatever they want, it's just that most of the country will be keeping it now.

I'm like Resnic where I don't really care, but it was always sort of dumb in the first place. In my opinion anyways.

I remember reading about it years ago. Supposedly the change came after WW I or II, I forget which one now. In any case it was designed to save electricity for our military although I didn't follow how that would affect them. In any case it's antiquated and no longer needed like the horse and buggy. Keep DST as the national standard.

Forum List

Back