Senate Passed Bill to Make Daylight Savings Time Permanent by Unanimous Vote!!

That's strange because I was a teen in the 70's and never remember anything like that happening. I would think that would be something I'd remember since I was still in my Trick or Treat era and having no time change would have made it later in which to go out.
Yea well...you're a brain dead idiot so

It DID happen

That's strange because I was a teen in the 70's and never remember anything like that happening. I would think that would be something I'd remember since I was still in my Trick or Treat era and having no time change would have made it later in which to go out.

Even with the time change kids still are out there in the dark, and I live on the western part of EST as well. Kids are at their bus stops a half-hour before the bus gets there and most of the school bus pickups are in front of peoples houses.

Okay let me give you and Golfing Gator an idea of what I mean. Elem schools start usually around 8:30, give or take. Right now, far west end of the EST, our latest sunrise is 8 Am. So yes, students are spending a limited number of weeks in the morning darkness.

Now back that sunrise up to 9 AM. It's not like the sunrises at 8 AM for a month, then at 9 AM for two weeks, then back to 8 or whatever. We spend a whole month--from late Dec to late Jan--hovering around that 8 AM sunrise time. By the end of Nov we are already up to a 7:45 sunrise.

If you convert that 8 Am month to 9 AM, that's a LOT of morning darkness, so a lot of time for accidents to happen. It's not just "kids do it now", it how long does that danger last. If we have a 9 AM sunrise in the coldest part of the year--another complication--a long darn time.

And Japall and Aoc are not gonna move it in the house. Take that! That'll show em.
Why not? And how would AOC be able to block it if she wanted to?

Okay let me give you and Golfing Gator an idea of what I mean. Elem schools start usually around 8:30, give or take. Right now, far west end of the EST, our latest sunrise is 8 Am. So yes, students are spending a limited number of weeks in the morning darkness.

Now back that sunrise up to 9 AM. It's not like the sunrises at 8 AM for a month, then at 9 AM for two weeks, then back to 8 or whatever. We spend a whole month--from late Dec to late Jan--hovering around that 8 AM sunrise time. By the end of Nov we are already up to a 7:45 sunrise.

If you convert that 8 Am month to 9 AM, that's a LOT of morning darkness, so a lot of time for accidents to happen. It's not just "kids do it now", it how long does that danger last. If we have a 9 AM sunrise in the coldest part of the year--another complication--a long darn time.

And for the "possibility" a kid may get hurt the entire country should stay backwards and put up with these time changes? In the article you posted it didn't even state that any of those accidents were caused by darkness. If anything, a moving vehicle is easier to spot in the dark because we turn our headlights on, and of course today, most turn on automatically.

I think the kids will be fine. After all, even in the winter when we were out of school, we walked to friends houses in the dark for companionship. Kids are not that helpless. If we advance to not having time changes, the kids will be just fine.

And for the "possibility" a kid may get hurt the entire country should stay backwards and put up with these time changes? In the article you posted it didn't even state that any of those accidents were caused by darkness. If anything, a moving vehicle is easier to spot in the dark because we turn our headlights on, and of course today, most turn on automatically.

I think the kids will be fine. After all, even in the winter when we were out of school, we walked to friends houses in the dark for companionship. Kids are not that helpless. If we advance to not having time changes, the kids will be just fine.

I think we should adopt standard time and stick with that--no changes. DST is going to mess with too many issues. After all, standard time is...well, standard. DST is manufactured.

I think we should adopt standard time and stick with that--no changes. DST is going to mess with too many issues. After all, standard time is...well, standard. DST is manufactured.

Yes it is but I think it works for most people. Right now it's nearing 7:00 pm and the sun is still shining. It's a global warming day and kids are still outside doing their thing. Spring was always my favorite time of year and I'm loving every day........or at least until it snows again. :badgrin:

Forum List

Back