Senate Passed Bill to Make Daylight Savings Time Permanent by Unanimous Vote!!

White 6

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 10, 2019
I cannot remember the last time anything passed the Senate by Unanimous vote. It is high time, to dump the twice a year, changing of the clocks.

Arizonans be like:
pulp-fiction-john-travolta.gif

It was kept so that school kids can keep the same schedule all year long and not be standing outside in the dark waiting for the bus. Fuck them little bastards. Now the schools will have move start times forward and back during the school year while businesses keep the same time. it will be fun to see the momzillas go bitch about the axial tilt of the earth.

I cannot remember the last time anything passed the Senate by Unanimous vote. It is high time, to dump the twice a year, changing of the clocks.

I agree, but I am annoyed we are going to keep the fake time and not the standard time. The amount of sunlight does not change, why keep the fake time?

What is bad about sunlight in the morning?

It was kept so that school kids can keep the same schedule all year long and not be standing outside in the dark waiting for the bus. Fuck them little bastards. Now the schools will have move start times forward and back during the school year while businesses keep the same time. it will be fun to see the momzillas go bitch about the axial tilt of the earth.

Kids stand out in the dark now waiting for the bus, that has never gone away.

Thanks to Covid and democrats I thought kids stopped going to school

Right-click on it and it's yours now.
Thanks, I did. Really kind of interested in the software that created it. I recognize the scene from Jack Rabbit Slims, but that wasn't green screen. How the heck did they isolate Travolta in a moving shot and capture? I don't even have software to edit a Youtube video, that I know of.

Next it goes to the Congress........ They may take it up they may not. We'll see.
I would like the changing done away with. I have no preference between the two, but one is enough.

The internet.
I was kind of hoping you actually made it. It has been a few years since I upgraded any computer skills. In retirement haven't had much motivation. Lazy, eh?

I agree, but I am annoyed we are going to keep the fake time and not the standard time. The amount of sunlight does not change, why keep the fake time?

What is bad about sunlight in the morning?

Most people are not doing anything in the morning but going to work, and few need sunlight to do that. As for myself, I love it getting darker later in the day. I can make a fire in my outdoor fireplace, drink beer a little later, get more work done outside since I'm not much of a morning person. This works out perfect for me. I hope the Democrats don't fuck this up like they do everything else. Pass the bill and get Dementia to sign it.

I know that they tried this once before and quickly went back to twice a year but I don't know why. The switching of time is hard on people.

I know that they tried this once before and quickly went back to twice a year but I don't know why. The switching of time is hard on people.

I don't recall them ever doing it before (unless you're talking about your state) but I know Rubio has brought this issue to Congress in the past and it kind of fizzed out. Like anything else there are people who like time changes like there are people who love wearing masks in public every chance they get. But now it seems they are getting some action on this measure and bipartisan support at that. Who knows, maybe this will finally happen and no more time changes after this. I certainly support keeping it daylight savings time. In the winter when I used to come home after work, I hated trying to clear the drive of snow when it was dark outside.

I prefer shift a half hour instead of an hour and making it permanent. I think that is a great compromise. For example, Afghanistan is UTC +4:30.

I sat at my dining room table at 8 AM this morning. Sunrise was at 7:53 AM. Not a good plan when kids in my neighborhood get on the bus at 7:00 AM. The elementary school starts at 7:30AM.

I couldn't care less really. It's never been any kind of issue to me, it was just one more thing to do in life is all it is. It's not even really a thing anymore with devices connected to the internet as they change themselves. All I had to change was 3 clocks manually.

Kind of sad that only thing we can get done with our government that isn't a travisty to our country is the dumbest and most meaningless thing possible. They can't fix any real problems but by God they can stop clock changes 2 times a year.

Forum List

Back