Senate Passed Bill to Make Daylight Savings Time Permanent by Unanimous Vote!!

I cannot remember the last time anything passed the Senate by Unanimous vote. It is high time, to dump the twice a year, changing of the clocks.

The Sunshine Protection Act. Ha. Don't you just love the the names they give bills? Can anyone think of the last time congress actually really protected anything?

The Sunshine Protection Act. Ha. Don't you just love the the names they give bills? Can anyone think of the last time congress actually really protected anything?

The Democrats seem to do just fine protecting their voter base. They've wasted trillions in debt protecting them, allowing us to be put over an oil barrel by Russia now threatening us with a nuclear war. Lord knows how much we will be spending on the millions of illegals that crossed into this country the last year or so. They are protected just fine.

If you hire the illegals, they will come. People and businesses want cheap labor. Construction, big meat packing plants. Nursing, especially in home...lots of illegals in nursing. Even that trump character hired illegals.

Last edited:
If you hire the illegals, they will come. People and businesses want cheap labor. Construction, big meat packing plants. Nursing, especially in home...lots of illegals in nursing. Even that trump character hired illegals.

If you use companies that hire illegals it's hardly your fault no more than if you hire a landscaping company to do your lawn. You don't check out every worker, that's for the subcontractor to do.

People present all kinds of penalties they believe would solve the problem, but one solution doesn't solve all problems because illegals will just find a different way. That's why my idea would solve the problem but you'll never find any reps with the balls to do it: Make being in this country illegally a felony with a minimum of five years in prison if caught.

If you are caught overstaying your Visa, five years minimum. If you are caught while working an American job, five years in prison. if you get caught sending your kids to our schools while being an illegal, five years in prison. if you are caught sneaking in over the wall or across our border, five years in prison.

We would still have a border problem, but it would be a good problem: illegals trying to get the hell out of this country before being caught.

A strong enough deterrent works every time it's tried.

That's easy; every day Congress protects itself and the duopoly that constitutes it.

This was tried twice before. The last time, in the 70s, children died in the morning darkness. I live on the far western edge of the eastern time zone. In Dec, the sun won't come up here until 9 AM, and on cloudy Dec days, it won't be full light until probably 9:30. So kids will get on the bus during what looks like the middle of the night.

It caused big problems then; it will cause big problems now. But who cares about the kids these days? Cancel their schools, keep them in masks, shoot them up with untested vaccines. No one cares.

This was tried twice before. The last time, in the 70s, children died in the morning darkness. I live on the far western edge of the eastern time zone. In Dec, the sun won't come up here until 9 AM, and on cloudy Dec days, it won't be full light until probably 9:30. So kids will get on the bus during what looks like the middle of the night.

It caused big problems then; it will cause big problems now. But who cares about the kids these days? Cancel their schools, keep them in masks, shoot them up with untested vaccines. No one cares.

Without or without DST kids are getting on the bus in the dark in the winter mornings unless you do not start school till much later than most schools start.

If you use companies that hire illegals it's hardly your fault no more than if you hire a landscaping company to do your lawn. You don't check out every worker, that's for the subcontractor to do.

People present all kinds of penalties they believe would solve the problem, but one solution doesn't solve all problems because illegals will just find a different way. That's why my idea would solve the problem but you'll never find any reps with the balls to do it: Make being in this country illegally a felony with a minimum of five years in prison if caught.

If you are caught overstaying your Visa, five years minimum. If you are caught while working an American job, five years in prison. if you get caught sending your kids to our schools while being an illegal, five years in prison. if you are caught sneaking in over the wall or across our border, five years in prison.

We would still have a border problem, but it would be a good problem: illegals trying to get the hell out of this country before being caught.

You cannot do that. See Plyler v. Doe SCOTUS 1962.

For many of these people "3 hots and a cot" is far better than what they came from. They might just come for the 5 year vacation from people trying to kill them all the time.

Plus the expense of this would be astronomical

That's strange because I was a teen in the 70's and never remember anything like that happening. I would think that would be something I'd remember since I was still in my Trick or Treat era and having no time change would have made it later in which to go out.

Even with the time change kids still are out there in the dark, and I live on the western part of EST as well. Kids are at their bus stops a half-hour before the bus gets there and most of the school bus pickups are in front of peoples houses.

For many of these people "3 hots and a cot" is far better than what they came from. They might just come for the 5 year vacation from people trying to kill them all the time.

No place is worse than jail for most people, and most don't come here for survival, they come here for ability to live in this great country we created. That's why one of Trump's policies was automatic rejection for US asylum if you were offered asylum by another country (Mexico) along the way. Most of the time these migrants refused their asylum to get ours.

Back in the early DumBama days Arizona created their own immigration laws. DumBama took it to court to have it stopped and won. Until that time, illegals fled the state. Companies were reporting only a skeleton crew showing up for work and half the classrooms were empty. It worked, and that's why DumBama had it stopped.

Bottom line is if we had such a law and penalties, it would stop most from coming here. BP reports that people are crossing that border from over 110 different countries. They are not all fleeing death from their governments. I guarantee you if we had such a law for five years, most of the immigrants would go back home, and very few imprisoned in our system.

Putting on a 5 year prison term would be expensive, but well worth the savings in other areas. Imagine the impact on illegals who would no longer try sneaking in, and the possibly hundreds of thousands that would simply pack up and go home, for fear of being locked up. Everyone caught should be given the opportunity to voluntarily be deported vice serving the jail time. Getting caught sneaking in again, would be a 10 year sentence. No option.

I spoke to a young man interested in joining the Army last night from California. I asked him if he was a US citizen, and he said, "No!" I then asked if he was a permanent resident alien, and he said, "No!" I then asked if he had any hopes of getting one anytime soon, and he said "No!" I told him I was sorry but he wasn't eligible. So we had a 20 year illegal alien. still living at home with Mom, who was probably an illegal also. How much does he contribute to our society?

That's strange because I was a teen in the 70's and never remember anything like that happening. I would think that would be something I'd remember since I was still in my Trick or Treat era and having no time change would have made it later in which to go out.

Even with the time change kids still are out there in the dark, and I live on the western part of EST as well. Kids are at their bus stops a half-hour before the bus gets there and most of the school bus pickups are in front of peoples houses.

No, you don't, unless you moved to the UP of Michigan.

They're suggesting that schools alter their start times (which would screw up after school activities)

We have found a solution in search of a problem and the Senate was unanimous

Dumb shit

Forum List

Back