Pot use lowers intelligence. This doesn't surprise me at all

Smoking pot is great. In fact, I think I'm going to go smoke a joint now.

Yea Its a nice buzz, but it definately affects your intelligence.

Oh bull. Its easier for me to do math and physics stoned than it is not stoned.

I went to a party where I smoked pot and when I left I went a laid down in the middle of the road. I was just lucky that no traffic came by, as it was the early hours of the morning.
Don't blame the dope for your own stupidity.

Oh bull. Its easier for me to do math and physics stoned than it is not stoned.

I went to a party where I smoked pot and when I left I went a laid down in the middle of the road. I was just lucky that no traffic came by, as it was the early hours of the morning.
Don't blame the dope for your own stupidity.

I found it easier to do art when stoned, but that don't mean I can't do art without it.
See my paintings on the arts and crafts forum.

Smoking pot is not as bad as many things, and if yo do to much of anything it can be bad.. But as far as the researcg goes, who says that these kids are smart to begin with. Most young people I know know very little, until they experience life that is how many are.

^^^^^Enabler/enabled response in supremely perfect example^^^^^

:dunno:

If marijuana is used by those whose neurochemistry is not fully developed (adolescents) it is likely to have a negative effect on future acuity. And the same may be said for the use of alcohol, or any number of prescription medications, or generally poor nutrition during childhood. Also, if marijuana, or alcohol, or any number of prescription drugs, is used excessively at any age it can have a negative effect -- but not as pronouncedly as the effect it will have on the immature brain.

If you laid down in the middle of a road you either have a subliminal death wish or you over-indulged. In either case that action is far from typical. The intellligently measured use of marijuana (or alcohol) does not produce such an effect.

Why is one legal and one is not then

Ones a lot easier to tax than the other, imo. As usual, its a matter of money. If you get a fifth and drink it, its pretty much gone and done.

With weed, you may be able to grow new, whole plants off the seeds. With the right cicumstances, weed can be grown just about anywhere.

Why buy expensive, taxed gov't weed when you can grow like 10 plants for the cost of a single ounce?

Ones a lot easier to tax than the other, imo. As usual, its a matter of money. If you get a fifth and drink it, its pretty much gone and done.

With weed, you may be able to grow new, whole plants off the seeds. With the right cicumstances, weed can be grown just about anywhere.

Why buy expensive, taxed gov't weed when you can grow like 10 plants for the cost of a single ounce?
Of course you're right -- provided one has the place and the ability ("green thumb") to grow things, which many do not. Consider the millions who live in cities and have no place to grow anything, and those who might have a place but just don't care to be bothered with growing anything.

But there is no question that if marijuana were legal the backs of the cartels would be broken because a significant number of Americans would be growing it.

Even in a city though, all you need is a grow light and the right size of plant pot and with the proper nutrients. You could grow it in your closet honestly. You're right about the green thumb, lol some ppl can't grow something even if their life depended on it.

Even in a city though, all you need is a grow light and the right size of plant pot and with the proper nutrients. You could grow it in your closet honestly. You're right about the green thumb, lol some ppl can't grow something even if their life depended on it.
I'm one of those people. I've tried both indoor and outdoor with no success.

My across the street neighbor (back in the 70s) grew some excellent sinsemilla in the back yard of his Brooklyn brownstone. I had followed his instructions to the letter and the best I ever achieved were some anemic-looking plants that never produced a bud.

Long-time pot user here. Non democrat. Libertarian, basically.

Despite my love for marijuana and its intoxicating effects, I'm tired as shit of these hippies telling me how good it is for you. In terms of immediate effects, marijuana ups my pulse rate, marginally slows my reaction time, and makes multi-tasking significantly more difficult. But holy shit does it make watching movies and playing videogames fun as shit. When I was heavily into martial arts training in my younger years, I used to -love- sparring stoned, but holy shit after a couple bong rips my cardiovascular stamina went way downhill for the duration of the high.

The only place where pot ever really benefitted me in any real way was -possibly- in terms of creativity when I'd draw or compose shitty music. And even then, I can't say for sure that it enhanced anything. . . might have just been stoned enough to enjoy the garbage I was creating whereas sober I'd recognize it for the shit it was.

Anyway, what I'm getting at, to begin with, is that marijuana is IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM a performance enhancing substance. Anyone who tells you otherwise is trying to romanticize a favored passtime, which is pretty natural among humans. "I like this, and I'm me, and I know that me wouldn't like something unless there was a real, measurable reason to like it."

That said, FUCK OFF. That goes for the government and anyone else who seeks to restrict my pot use because of the negative effects. Every time I hit the bong, I understand that I'm trading short and long term faculties for immediate gratification. I also understand this every time I crack the cap on a Heineken or throw down a shot of 1800. I also understand this every time I inhale a McDouble. When I log onto usmessageboard.com and type out a 5 paragraph rant about random bullshit, I do it with the understanding that enough of those rants are eventually going to lead to carpal tunnel, and in trade for no benefit other than the enjoyment of typing out a rant.

We are all deteriorating, and we are ALL accelerating that process via hobbies and habbits that are self destructive to varying degrees. As long as I'm not harming anyone else with mine (and I'm not. I'm what you call a functioning pothead. I excell at my career, I take care of myself and my responsibilities, I always do right by those I care about, and I don't do irresponsible shit under the influence of intoxicants. Recreational activities NEVER take precedence over my personal, moral/ethical code), then nobody has any business telling me I can't indulge in them. Criticize if you must, but if you attempt to snatch the joint from my fingers, don't be surprised if I attempt to jaw you.

Long-time pot user here. Non democrat. Libertarian, basically.

Despite my love for marijuana and its intoxicating effects, I'm tired as shit of these hippies telling me how good it is for you. In terms of immediate effects, marijuana ups my pulse rate, marginally slows my reaction time, and makes multi-tasking significantly more difficult. But holy shit does it make watching movies and playing videogames fun as shit. When I was heavily into martial arts training in my younger years, I used to -love- sparring stoned, but holy shit after a couple bong rips my cardiovascular stamina went way downhill for the duration of the high.
The effect of marijuana is not intoxicating. Rather, its effect is tranquilizing. Unlike beverage alcohol there is nothing toxic about marijuana. It is perfectly benign. And if you know some "hippies" who tell you that marijuana is good for you, could be they recognize something about your personality they feel might benefit from a little mood adjustment now and then.

The only place where pot ever really benefitted me in any real way was -possibly- in terms of creativity when I'd draw or compose shitty music.
You speak of enhancement of the creative impulse as if it were inconsequential. Some find it to be of paramount importance to their creative output. And if marijuana were legal you might be surprised at how many highly successful writers, artists (including one famous cartoonist whom I know well), and musicians would openly declare its usefulness to them.

Anyway, what I'm getting at, to begin with, is that marijuana is IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM a performance enhancing substance. Anyone who tells you otherwise is trying to romanticize a favored passtime, which is pretty natural among humans. "I like this, and I'm me, and I know that me wouldn't like something unless there was a real, measurable reason to like it."

I suggest instead of getting "stoned" each time you fire up your bong you content yourself with just enough to make you "glow" a bit. You might find that you've been opening a creative channel and then blocking it by overdoing the very source of enlightenment.

Bottom line: The ultimate effect of marijiana depends entirely on the individual who makes use of it. And smoking it is neither the only way nor the best way to use it. Eating it, as in brownies or carrot cake, etc., produces a much different, more pleasant, longer lasting and less numbing effect.

Just don't reach for emotional paralysis, which is the mistake too many users make. Marijuana is not good for escaping reality. It has its usefulness -- and a little dab'll do ya.

Pot is better for you than arsenc too!

The idea that somehow pot is good for you, or certainly not harmful, is going to cause an awful lot of unnecessary misery.
I used quite a bit of pot throughout the sixties and seventies. I'm 76 now and so far I haven't had any of the misery you speak of. Would you please let me know when I can expect it to begin so I might be prepared for it.

Thanks.

In my opinion, some of the conservatives condemning marijuana on this thread are doing so because they think that its use conflicts with values propagated by mainstream, traditional conservatives.

I lean firmly to the right, own my own business (and have done so at a profit to date through this recession) and live in a house on a mortgage: I'm, to all intents and purposes, your archetypal (though often rebellious) right-winger. Except, among other things, I like smoking a bit of weed now and again. I don't play video games or write/perform music after smoking it. Rather I prefer the intellectual freedom it provides and it gives the beer I drink along with it a much more intensive, enjoyable taste. I also love to listen to classical music while I'm stoned, too.

It's blatantly obvious that the forces striving to maintain the illegality of herbal marijuana are those lobbying on behalf of the alcohol industry. Along with the cartels that are responsible for growing powerful marijuana (and paying no tax on their crop), the alcohol industry stands to lose the most if marijuana was legalised.

Without the alcohol industry perpetuating the stigma that weed is the preserve of long-haired losers who are unlikely to achieve anything in the mainstream, people will continue to accept the stereotype circulated by those only interested in profit (they honestly couldn't give a damn about the public's health).

Would you like to bear a son with no balls or a 2-inch long erection when he grows up, madam? Keep young ladies inhaling pot, make their son's future lives a gamble for your own usage hell. But not to worry. Sellers and growers won't tell them where the fucking hell their problem came from.

just like alcohol YOU DONT SMOKE OR DRINK WHILE PREGNANT....

Would you like to bear a son with no balls or a 2-inch long erection when he grows up, madam? Keep young ladies inhaling pot, make their son's future lives a gamble for your own usage hell. But not to worry. Sellers and growers won't tell them where the fucking hell their problem came from.

My wife and I smoke pot and our son was born 2 months ago with a big ole dong and two nuts attached.

It also doesn't affect sperm. I had my junk tested and I have above average sperm count and average average motility.

my wife stopped while she was pregnant and my son had a good size package too....and i have known dozens of other ladies who did the same thing over the years.....no birth defects with their kids.....

Forum List

Back