Pot use lowers intelligence. This doesn't surprise me at all

Pot stimulates the economy...
th_doritos.jpg

That maybe the positive of inhaling smoke into someone's lungs.

Anyone the on a regular basis intentionally inhales smoke into their lungs, naturally has a lower IQ.
Cute. But peer pressure has more to do with starting to use any particular drug. That's the promise kids think of--acceptance into their group. That's why you see people with iqs of 180 and people with iqs of 60 all pounding their pegs into the same hole that drug use is.

IQ generally measures ability in math, communication, a certain amount of ability to reason, etc.

Mental maturity is associated with an ability to process information that could help a person resist peer pressure based on early discipline.

That inner craving for wanting to be an accepted person in a group is a kind of an experience desire is what screws people up into being at risk for drug use, I think. Often peer pressure overrides mental maturity and IQ abilities.

Sometimes a person just wants to get laid, and it's chemical.

Marijuana produces a chemical pollyanna like getting laid. It puts a brick wall up against all human reason, respect, but not mental maturity.

That's why when you go to a website, you'll find a lot of people try things, but one in a couple of hundred will remark "I never tried it because anything that causes a man to have a tiny penis or no balls and a woman to have tiny or no tits might not be a good idea for me to try."

There aren't many 8-year-olds with that frame of reference. That's the target of sales. You have to get people who don't have sexual experience and convince them they will have it if they try marijuana. They strike the naive pollyanna crowd quite successfully, except for prodigy children taught early not to trust any candyman.

Mind your own damed business you drunks.

Pot is far better for you than alcohol.

Do you think alcohol decreases IQ?

Mind your own damed business you drunks.

Pot is far better for you than alcohol.

Do you think alcohol decreases IQ?
You're lying. I do not drink alcohol.

Alcohol decreases brain functions by wiping out 1 million brain cells in a one-night drinking binge. People have several billion brain cells. Do the math.

Marijuana Related Birth Defects

Studies show that marijuana may seriously affect fetal development. Lower birth weights, a shorter gestation period, major malformations, and the occurrence of miscarriages increases with marijuana use. Cannabis smoke can cause both mutations, and birth defects, depending on the dose and duration. Kalant reports that “a small but growing body of evidence indicates subtle but apparently permanent effects on memory, information processing, and executive functions, in the offspring of women who used cannabis during pregnancy. Cannabis exposure was associated with decreased birth weight, reduced length, and smaller head circumference, and prenatal cannabis exposure is associated with fetal growth reduction. There is increasing evidence from animal studies showing that cannabinoid drugs are neuroteratogens which induce enduring neurobehavioral abnormalities in the exposed offspring. Maternal exposure to even low doses of cannabinoid compounds results in atypical locomotor activity, cognitive impairments, altered emotional behavior, and enhanced sensitivity to drugs in the adult rodent offspring.

One longitudinal study showed that prenatal marijuana exposure had significant effects on the developing central nervous system (CNS) in children and adolescents, with higher rates of attention deficits and impulsivity at age 3, 6, and 14 years, poorer academic performance and higher rates of delinquency at ages 6, 10, 14, and 16 years, and in 10-year-olds was linked with marginally more depressive symptoms and poor performance on memory and visual planning tests, and at age 14 years exposure to marijuana in the womb predicted problems with sustained attention, cognitive flexibility, and response suppression.
Scientists suspect that excess levels of anandamide, a substance which occurs naturally in the body but is also one of the chemicals released when cannabis is burned, is the factor leading to "spontaneous abortion" - miscarriage (“Cannabis Chemical Harms Embryo”, BBC.) An Australian study hinted that marijuana use during pregnancy may lead to lasting mental defects in youth. Offspring of mother rats given marijuana had lower memory-retention scores than rats whose mothers had not been given the substance. In addition, the memory impairment seemed to persist, present at both 40-and-80 days of age. A 10-fold increase in the risk of nonlymphoblastic leukemia in children was reported, and marijuana may also increase the risk of chromosomal damage (including breakage and translocation), although this damage seems to be confined to somatic cells.

Physical Dangers of Marijuana Use

Research has consistently demonstrated that there are potentially serious and damaging physical effects from marijuana use and abuse. Cannabis use has been connected to acute cardiovascular deaths in young adults, and can cause rapid heart rate and low blood pressure, making it risky for older patients with cardiovascular problems. It may be especially dangerous for cardiac patients to combine marijuana with alcohol. The National Academy of Science Institute of Medicine recommends that persons with cardiovascular disease avoid the drug.
People who smoke marijuana are more likely to have respiratory problems, with chronic marijuana smoking having a probable connection to acute and chronic bronchitis, emphysema, bronchial asthma, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Chronic, heavy use of cannabis had been associated with abdominal pain, severe nausea, and intractable vomiting. The Institute of Medicine reports that studies at the levels of cells and molecules provide strong evidence that cannabis smoke is a carcinogen. Marijuana smoke produces 50% more hydrocarbons than tobacco smoke; and hydrocarbons are the chemicals associated with lung cancer, and has been linked to both pre-cancerous growths and to cancer of the lung, head and neck, and testis. Marijuana smoke has been shown to be both mutagenic (causing mutations) and teratogenic (causing birth defects). In fact, when women smoke marijuana during pregnancy, their children may have permanent effects on memory, information processing, and executive functions.
Research shows that cannabis may have other physiological effects: cannabis has been shown to negatively affect bone metabolism and bone toxicity; cannabis can interfere with the immune system; and cannabis smoking can increase the severity of fatty liver in hepatitis C patients. Cannabis smoke also contains other chemicals - many of which are poisonous, including ammonia, carbon monoxide, acetaldehyde, and methanol, which may have long term deleterious effects upon other organs of the body. website

Adults only:

Cannabis 'more harmful to under-18s than adults' - video | Science | guardian.co.uk

This video does not take into account teratology or mutations!!!

Last edited:
Pot is better for you than arsenc too!

The idea that somehow pot is good for you, or certainly not harmful, is going to cause an awful lot of unnecessary misery.

As someone who NEVER used pot, I noticed as I went through the 60s and 70s and 80s, that those who even used harder drugs seemed to keep quick intelligence (somewhat), but those who heavily used pot, just went to DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it was encapsulated in a conversation my brother had with one of our fast friends who was growing pot in one of his stereo speakers (so his mom would not see it).

"Say Brian, how many joints (they were called joints not blunts back in the day) do you smoke a day?"

"Oh about one a day."

"So how many do you smoke a week?"

"Oh about 10."

What was he supposed to say in response to the first question, 1.42? Do you know what the term "about" means?

My brother laughed, but there's nothing funny really about it. Didn't occur to Brian what was funny.

In the book "Boy Clinton," the author postulated that the reason liberals, especially the 60s hippy generation never learned from their mistakes is because they couldn't. All those years of drug use had rendered their brains encapable of learning from their mistakes and failures.

I also noticed that people like Clinton and Hillary had the emotional maturity of teenagers. The "I didn't inhale" president most certainly did.

Cannabis smoking 'permanently lowers IQ'

Teenagers who regularly smoke cannabis are putting themselves at risk of permanently damaging their intelligence, according to a landmark study.

By Stephen Adams, Medical Correspondent | Telegraph.co.uk

Researchers found persistent users of the drug, who started smoking it at school, had lower IQ scores as adults.

They were also significantly more likely to have attention and memory problems in later life, than their peers who abstained.

Furthermore, those who started as teenagers and used it heavily, but quit as adults, did not regain their full mental powers, found academics at King’s College London and Duke University in the US.

They looked at data from over 1,000 people from Dunedin in New Zealand, who have been followed through their lives since being born in 1972 or 1973.

Cannabis smoking 'permanently lowers IQ' - Telegraph

Now, this is going to JUST send the pot users into conniption fits. Mostly because all addicts refuse to accept they can't handle their addiction. It's part of the ego and pride.

(And yes, I mean addiction. Pot raises the serotonin in your brain, and it falls later, and you get depressed (the crash). It gets to the point you can't feel happy without the pot. That's an addiction. Yes it is.)

Don't believe me? Look at every drunk driver video. No matter how obviously impaired they are, they refuse to believe they can't drive. It's a matter of ego and pride.

No, different with pot users. They are emotional to the point of not being able to discuss the subject objectively.

How do I know? Because of the STUPID argumements they use to justify their use.

"How would you know how pot affects you? You've never used it."

To which I've always responded: "I don't have to jump off the cliff to know it's a stupid thing to do, I just watch the other moron do it, to know it's a stupid thing to do."

"Well what about alcohol??? How come it's legal?"

To which I respond: "What of it? Are you suggesting getting drunk on alcohol vs. pot is better or worse? Maybe that's why there are some of us who don't do either."

Then there is the really ludicrous argument. "Well, I can smoke pot and drive where I couldn't on alcohol."

Yeah, well the drunk driver thinks he's fine to drive, too!"

Then there is the "medical marijuana" argument. Which amounts to pot heads hiding behind the sick and dying to justify getting stoned.

Which I would liken to a morphine user justifying morphine based on the fact my dying father was prescribed it, when he was dying of cancer, for his pain.

NOT the same thing people. It's still hiding behind the sick and dying to justify getting stoned.

Is anyone going to tell me morphine is "beneficial?" But pot is?

And if you even question this, you are "hard hearted" because of the sick and dying, when most "medical marijuana" users are perfectly fine, and will use any excuse possible to justify getting the pot.

Now let the tirade of of outraged pot heads begin.

They have something in common with libs. They know if people factually discuss the issue, they lose.

So, they HAVE to hide behind the sick and dying, to shut up any real discussion as "hard heated."

Which is what you do when you know the facts aren't on your side. You shut up any discussion of the facts.

Study says that it lowers IQ for TEENAGERS.
Sorry but we already know that drugs and alcohol are bad for people whose brains are still growing. No big surprise here.

I started smoking pot at 18 and have smoked almost every day since then - and I've got a PhD in physics.

Last edited:
Why is one legal and one is not then
Would you like to bear a son with no balls or a 2-inch long erection when he grows up, madam? Keep young ladies inhaling pot, make their son's future lives a gamble for your own usage hell. But not to worry. Sellers and growers won't tell them where the fucking hell their problem came from.

As someone who NEVER used pot, I noticed as I went through the 60s and 70s and 80s, that those who even used harder drugs seemed to keep quick intelligence (somewhat), but those who heavily used pot, just went to DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it was encapsulated in a conversation my brother had with one of our fast friends who was growing pot in one of his stereo speakers (so his mom would not see it).

"Say Brian, how many joints (they were called joints not blunts back in the day) do you smoke a day?"

"Oh about one a day."

"Oh about 10."

What was he supposed to say in response to the first question, 1.42? Do you know what the term "about" means?

My brother laughed, but there's nothing funny really about it. Didn't occur to Brian what was funny.

In the book "Boy Clinton," the author postulated that the reason liberals, especially the 60s hippy generation never learned from their mistakes is because they couldn't. All those years of drug use had rendered their brains encapable of learning from their mistakes and failures.

I also noticed that people like Clinton and Hillary had the emotional maturity of teenagers. The "I didn't inhale" president most certainly did.

Cannabis smoking 'permanently lowers IQ'

Teenagers who regularly smoke cannabis are putting themselves at risk of permanently damaging their intelligence, according to a landmark study.

By Stephen Adams, Medical Correspondent | Telegraph.co.uk

Researchers found persistent users of the drug, who started smoking it at school, had lower IQ scores as adults.

They were also significantly more likely to have attention and memory problems in later life, than their peers who abstained.

Furthermore, those who started as teenagers and used it heavily, but quit as adults, did not regain their full mental powers, found academics at King’s College London and Duke University in the US.

They looked at data from over 1,000 people from Dunedin in New Zealand, who have been followed through their lives since being born in 1972 or 1973.

Now, this is going to JUST send the pot users into conniption fits. Mostly because all addicts refuse to accept they can't handle their addiction. It's part of the ego and pride.

(And yes, I mean addiction. Pot raises the serotonin in your brain, and it falls later, and you get depressed (the crash). It gets to the point you can't feel happy without the pot. That's an addiction. Yes it is.)

Don't believe me? Look at every drunk driver video. No matter how obviously impaired they are, they refuse to believe they can't drive. It's a matter of ego and pride.

No, different with pot users. They are emotional to the point of not being able to discuss the subject objectively.

To which I've always responded: "I don't have to jump off the cliff to know it's a stupid thing to do, I just watch the other moron do it, to know it's a stupid thing to do."

To which I respond: "What of it? Are you suggesting getting drunk on alcohol vs. pot is better or worse? Maybe that's why there are some of us who don't do either."

Then there is the really ludicrous argument. "Well, I can smoke pot and drive where I couldn't on alcohol."

Then there is the "medical marijuana" argument. Which amounts to pot heads hiding behind the sick and dying to justify getting stoned.

Which I would liken to a morphine user justifying morphine based on the fact my dying father was prescribed it, when he was dying of cancer, for his pain.

NOT the same thing people. It's still hiding behind the sick and dying to justify getting stoned.

And if you even question this, you are "hard hearted" because of the sick and dying, when most "medical marijuana" users are perfectly fine, and will use any excuse possible to justify getting the pot.

They have something in common with libs. They know if people factually discuss the issue, they lose.

So, they HAVE to hide behind the sick and dying, to shut up any real discussion as "hard heated."

Which is what you do when you know the facts aren't on your side. You shut up any discussion of the facts.
Sorry but we already know that drugs and alcohol are bad for people whose brains are still growing. No big surprise here.

I started smoking pot at 18 and have smoked almost every day since then - and I've got a PhD in physics.
Congratulations, stupid. Get ready for some future generational issues in your line.

Oh, wait. the chemical has eaten that part of your cognition that deals with introspection.

Never mind. It's your pollyanna world, sucker.

Would you like to bear a son with no balls or a 2-inch long erection when he grows up, madam? Keep young ladies inhaling pot, make their son's future lives a gamble for your own usage hell. But not to worry. Sellers and growers won't tell them where the fucking hell their problem came from.

My wife and I smoke pot and our son was born 2 months ago with a big ole dong and two nuts attached.

It also doesn't affect sperm. I had my junk tested and I have above average sperm count and average average motility.

"Oh about one a day."

"Oh about 10."

Congratulations, stupid. Get ready for some future generational issues in your line.

Oh, wait. the chemical has eaten that part of your cognition that deals with introspection.

Never mind. It's your pollyanna world, sucker.

My son is perfectly healthy.

My wife and I smoke pot and our son was born 2 months ago with a big ole dong and two nuts attached.

It also doesn't affect sperm. I had my junk tested and I have above average sperm count and average average motility.
I'm sure your son will appreciate your posting that when he gets older.

:rolleyes:

TMI.

Smoking pot is not as bad as many things, and if yo do to much of anything it can be bad.. But as far as the researcg goes, who says that these kids are smart to begin with. Most young people I know know very little, until they experience life that is how many are.

TMI.

Yeah guys hate it when people find out they have a big penis.

TMI.

Yeah guys hate it when people find out they have a big penis.
Honestly, few really want to know about an infant boy's penis size.

Moron.

I've smoked sine 17,I've had 4 kids, all are healthy and go on to college and have served in the military. I have been on Deans lists, so what? I can never understand how people that have never smoked weed can sit there and tell me how it affects you in the long and short term, all I have is my experience, and I am no dummy, unless I want to be.

Smoking pot is not as bad as many things, and if yo do to much of anything it can be bad.. But as far as the researcg goes, who says that these kids are smart to begin with. Most young people I know know very little, until they experience life that is how many are.

Smoking pot is great. In fact, I think I'm going to go smoke a joint now.

Smoking pot is great. In fact, I think I'm going to go smoke a joint now.

Yea Its a nice buzz, but it definately affects your intelligence.

I went to a party where I smoked pot and when I left I went a laid down in the middle of the road. I was just lucky that no traffic came by, as it was the early hours of the morning.

Alcoholics generally say they drive better drunk. In fact, severe alcoholics can give you chapter and verse on how beneficial alcohol is. They are much more intelligent while drunk. Their reaction time is faster and they are much MUCH more clever.

It's that others around them don't agree.

I fully expect potheads to behave exactly the same way. After all, if they knew that they were just idiots and fools, they wouldn't be potheads.

Forum List

Back