Pot use lowers intelligence. This doesn't surprise me at all

Several things here.........................

Yes, there have been studies that have shown cannabis may possibly lower the brain function of adolescents with continuous use. But, the same can be said for those teens that abuse alcohol as well, because the human brain doesn't fully develop until you are around 17 or 18. So, just like you can't drink until you are 21, put the same restrictions on cannabis.

Is cannabis addictive? In a physical sense no. There have been many studies done (some as far back as the 1960's done on the military) that show there are no physical withdrawl symptoms when people who had smoked for a long time suddenly stopped.

One may argue that it can cause a psychological dependence, and yes, that is a possibility, but people become psychologically dependent on things such as gambling, shopping, people (also known as co-dependency), working out, etc. It has much more to do with the person using the substance or behavior than it does with the substance or behavior itself.

As far as which is more damaging to the human body? Alcohol does more damage by far, because it manages to do things to just about every organ system. Cannabis doesn't do near as much damage.

Why is cannabis illegal? Simple.............do some research, it was originally made illegal by an FBI agent named Anslinger who was looking for a legal way to lock up all the brown and black people (Afro-Americans and Hispanics were the largest consumers at that time), so he lobbied to get it illegal, went to Hollywood and had a propaganda film made (almost NONE of the behaviors exhibited by users of marijuana in the film is what actually happens) and distributed it widely.

Also explains why the original sentencing of marijuana dealers and users were so Draconian.

Now? We've done lots of research and have found that it not only helps with appetite stimulation as well as helps out cancer patients, but has also been shown to help with Alzheimer's patients as it increases the "spark" jumping between the synapses of the brain which have been coated with plaque, as well as is showing promise in many other places, especially with eye problems.

As far as being harmful if smoked? People who smoke cigarettes only are 21 times more likely to die of lung cancer than people who don't smoke at all. People who smoke cannabis only are 0.93 to 0.73 percent as likely to die from lung cancer as people who don't smoke at all.

Considering the benefits of the plant, as well as the many other things we can make out of the plant (food, clothing, canvas, fiberglass, etc), which are products you can make AFTER harvesting the buds, as well as the fact that it was made illegal for racist reasons, I think it's high time (pun intended) to legalize marijuana.

But..................if you support racist ideals, continue to support making cannabis illegal.

Last edited:
Early, if it's some kind of on-the-job fumes, you can wear specialty breathing equipment. Dying young from lung cancer is not a great thing to get to do. Best wishes whatever you decide to do.

Some times I use a force air respirator when I can, but I need to take it off so I can yell and communicate. When I am cleaning my stuff I use mineral spirits, denatured alcohol and MEK. I limit my exposure by using it outside as much as possible. I try to get the guys to do this to.

Yes, there have been studies that have shown cannabis may possibly lower the brain function of adolescents with continuous use. But, the same can be said for those teens that abuse alcohol as well, because the human brain doesn't fully develop until you are around 17 or 18. So, just like you can't drink until you are 21, put the same restrictions on cannabis.

Is cannabis addictive? In a physical sense no. There have been many studies done (some as far back as the 1960's done on the military) that show there are no physical withdrawl symptoms when people who had smoked for a long time suddenly stopped.

One may argue that it can cause a psychological dependence, and yes, that is a possibility, but people become psychologically dependent on things such as gambling, shopping, people (also known as co-dependency), working out, etc. It has much more to do with the person using the substance or behavior than it does with the substance or behavior itself.

As far as which is more damaging to the human body? Alcohol does more damage by far, because it manages to do things to just about every organ system. Cannabis doesn't do near as much damage.

Why is cannabis illegal? Simple.............do some research, it was originally made illegal by an FBI agent named Anslinger who was looking for a legal way to lock up all the brown and black people (Afro-Americans and Hispanics were the largest consumers at that time), so he lobbied to get it illegal, went to Hollywood and had a propaganda film made (almost NONE of the behaviors exhibited by users of marijuana in the film is what actually happens) and distributed it widely.

Also explains why the original sentencing of marijuana dealers and users were so Draconian.

Now? We've done lots of research and have found that it not only helps with appetite stimulation as well as helps out cancer patients, but has also been shown to help with Alzheimer's patients as it increases the "spark" jumping between the synapses of the brain which have been coated with plaque, as well as is showing promise in many other places, especially with eye problems.

As far as being harmful if smoked? People who smoke cigarettes only are 21 times more likely to die of lung cancer than people who don't smoke at all. People who smoke cannabis only are 0.93 to 0.73 percent as likely to die from lung cancer as people who don't smoke at all.

Considering the benefits of the plant, as well as the many other things we can make out of the plant (food, clothing, canvas, fiberglass, etc), which are products you can make AFTER harvesting the buds, as well as the fact that it was made illegal for racist reasons, I think it's high time (pun intended) to legalize marijuana.

But..................if you support racist ideals, continue to support making cannabis illegal.

I am not sold on the healing properties of cannabis yet. But I do see it as a way to boost a persons well being.

I'm hearing bad things about what cannabis can do to the DNA of an infant. So far it's not very good. Some babies are born with holes in their brains if they make it to full term.

This would only be interesting to someone who wants children in the future or marries someone who wants children or is a little careless in contraceptive issues and doesn't believe in abortion.

What a pathetic outcome for the human race. You determine your grandson's headshape by the drug you pick this afternoon.

Oh, wait! Not to worry! It's inconclusive what 3,000 studies ww have consistently come up with! What was I thinking! What us worry? :rolleyes:

No. I hate "reality tv" because it's NOT reality.

You would be surprised how little tv I watch.

Okay, do you drink alcohol?

Didn't I tell you?

They ALWAYS try to justify pot with alcohol! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And the answer is NO!

But let's say I did.

You can drink small amount of alcohol and not get DRUNK.

The ONLY reasons to smoke marijuana is to get STONED.

And don't give me any BS that isn't the reason.

I've seen too many of 'em. One joint, oh excuse me, I mean blunt, and they are stoned!

And the funny part is, they will DENY they are stoned, when it's obvious.

The last person to see the effects of pot, are those using it.

so why are you drinking it then?....and dont tell me that people who have "mixed" drinks dont do it to get a buzz...or drink a few beers....

As someone who NEVER used pot, I noticed as I went through the 60s and 70s and 80s, that those who even used harder drugs seemed to keep quick intelligence (somewhat), but those who heavily used pot, just went to DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it was encapsulated in a conversation my brother had with one of our fast friends who was growing pot in one of his stereo speakers (so his mom would not see it).

"Say Brian, how many joints (they were called joints not blunts back in the day) do you smoke a day?"

"Oh about one a day."

"So how many do you smoke a week?"

"Oh about 10."

My brother laughed, but there's nothing funny really about it. Didn't occur to Brian what was funny.

In the book "Boy Clinton," the author postulated that the reason liberals, especially the 60s hippy generation never learned from their mistakes is because they couldn't. All those years of drug use had rendered their brains encapable of learning from their mistakes and failures.

I also noticed that people like Clinton and Hillary had the emotional maturity of teenagers. The "I didn't inhale" president most certainly did.

Cannabis smoking 'permanently lowers IQ' - Telegraph

Now, this is going to JUST send the pot users into conniption fits. Mostly because all addicts refuse to accept they can't handle their addiction. It's part of the ego and pride.

(And yes, I mean addiction. Pot raises the serotonin in your brain, and it falls later, and you get depressed (the crash). It gets to the point you can't feel happy without the pot. That's an addiction. Yes it is.)

Don't believe me? Look at every drunk driver video. No matter how obviously impaired they are, they refuse to believe they can't drive. It's a matter of ego and pride.

No, different with pot users. They are emotional to the point of not being able to discuss the subject objectively.

How do I know? Because of the STUPID argumements they use to justify their use.

"How would you know how pot affects you? You've never used it."

To which I've always responded: "I don't have to jump off the cliff to know it's a stupid thing to do, I just watch the other moron do it, to know it's a stupid thing to do."

"Well what about alcohol??? How come it's legal?"

To which I respond: "What of it? Are you suggesting getting drunk on alcohol vs. pot is better or worse? Maybe that's why there are some of us who don't do either."

Then there is the really ludicrous argument. "Well, I can smoke pot and drive where I couldn't on alcohol."

Yeah, well the drunk driver thinks he's fine to drive, too!"

Then there is the "medical marijuana" argument. Which amounts to pot heads hiding behind the sick and dying to justify getting stoned.

Which I would liken to a morphine user justifying morphine based on the fact my dying father was prescribed it, when he was dying of cancer, for his pain.

NOT the same thing people. It's still hiding behind the sick and dying to justify getting stoned.

Is anyone going to tell me morphine is "beneficial?" But pot is?

And if you even question this, you are "hard hearted" because of the sick and dying, when most "medical marijuana" users are perfectly fine, and will use any excuse possible to justify getting the pot.

Now let the tirade of of outraged pot heads begin.

They have something in common with libs. They know if people factually discuss the issue, they lose.

So, they HAVE to hide behind the sick and dying, to shut up any real discussion as "hard heated."

Which is what you do when you know the facts aren't on your side. You shut up any discussion of the facts.

Comical...But the government did say if you smoke weed you will kill your family.....

For someone on the right that expresses liberty, you want big government.

Tell us how big government and liberty go hand in hand, this should be good............

How do I want big government???????

That's stupid!

I don't use pot and it wasn't a big government that kept me from doing so. It was a five foot 0 woman who simply read the Bible to us every night and instilled MORALS into us. It doesn't take government to do that.

So, I CHOSE not to do pot.

This was underlined by my observations of those who chose to use pot. And I saw it wasn't good!

But, I want big government by noting there are good REASONS not to use pot?

THAT IS STUPID!

Do I want big government if I say I choose life instead of abortion?

Then HOW can that be the case if I CHOOSE sobriety!

That, on your part, was an overemotional attempt to justify, by words NOT IN EVIDENCE.

You are a conservative. You should be ashamed. Don't argue like a liberal.

It's the first time I've ever seen you do that. Don't repeat it.

It was a five foot 0 woman who simply read the Bible to us every night and instilled MORALS into us

well that explains much about this thread.....hey Tee Pee.....i have smoked pot with people who can recite stuff from the Bible and were fairly Religious....smoking a "joint' is no more "Unmoral" than smoking a Cigarette or having a Drink....take your brain out of the Washer.....i think its done....

How do I want big government???????

That's stupid!

I don't use pot and it wasn't a big government that kept me from doing so. It was a five foot 0 woman who simply read the Bible to us every night and instilled MORALS into us. It doesn't take government to do that.

So, I CHOSE not to do pot.

This was underlined by my observations of those who chose to use pot. And I saw it wasn't good!

But, I want big government by noting there are good REASONS not to use pot?

THAT IS STUPID!

Do I want big government if I say I choose life instead of abortion?

Then HOW can that be the case if I CHOOSE sobriety!

That, on your part, was an overemotional attempt to justify, by words NOT IN EVIDENCE.

You are a conservative. You should be ashamed. Don't argue like a liberal.

It's the first time I've ever seen you do that. Don't repeat it.

The study is a sham.... Anyone siding with it, generally will go along with big brother outlawing it.

There are many opinions on the subject but absence of fact......

Would someone remove the nose rings from these posters.....

You have no evidence of that other than your knee jerk reaction.

Calm the hell down.

is that not what we have witnessed with you?.....a knee jerk reaction to a study that will have another study coming along saying that that study is not quite right.....

You have no evidence of that other than your knee jerk reaction.

Calm the hell down.

Actually I do....It is called life experience.............I have known to many anomalies for this to have any merit.

Look, I am NOT a libertarian. I am a conservative.

I believe in law and order.

I am NOT for the legalization of pot anymore than I'm for puttng oxycontin over the counter.

I don't believe the nonsense that "I should be able to put anything in my body I want."

That's stupid. There is a reason why some things need a doctor's prescription, and I have no problem with that.

I also think the last person to judge whether pot is hurting them is the pot head.

It's like an alcoholic claiming booze is not causing him harm. He's hardly objective!

Am I for "big government" because I want drunk drivers caught before they kill me and my family on the road??????

Everyone wants to blame the federal government for the money spent in the drug war.

But that's like blaming the police department for the money spent to catch murderers.

Is it the police department's fault there is murder, or is the fault of the murderers?

And don't give me any bullshit that pot harms no one. I used to date someone who lived in the Bahamas and if you knew how many people are killed so someone here can smoke that pot . . .

As my former boyfriend called them, "Those Crazy Columbians, they will kill anyone that comes near those floating bales."

And that doesn't include the people killed who accidentally come upon crops right here in the US.

My stepfather used to be a sherrif's deputy and he covered more than one innocent person killed because they accidentally came upon a crop grown right here in the states.

Pot causes plenty of harm.

That is just part of what pot users blind themselves to.

I also think the last person to judge whether pot is hurting them is the pot head.

or some fucker smoking a Cigarette with his Vodka tonic in his hand....or some one who has never been around the stuff or tried it themselves......but reads an article about the killer weed and now is a semi-expert.....did you enjoy 'Reefer Madness" that was made for people just like you....

Didn't I tell you?

They ALWAYS try to justify pot with alcohol! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And the answer is NO!

But let's say I did.

The ONLY reasons to smoke marijuana is to get STONED.

And don't give me any BS that isn't the reason.

I've seen too many of 'em. One joint, oh excuse me, I mean blunt, and they are stoned!

And the funny part is, they will DENY they are stoned, when it's obvious.

The last person to see the effects of pot, are those using it.

It has nothing to do with justification, it's about calling out hypocrisy.

What hypocrisy!

That would be like the jaywalker yelling at the person who crossed at the crosswalk for hypocrisy.

One is legal and one is NOT. Both get you across the street but one is legal and one is not.

ONLY the jay walker sees that as logic.

Get real!

Yeah well, abortion is legal too, alcohol was once illegal as well.

I would rather be in a room with a pot head than a drunk. Thanks :tongue:

Actually I do....It is called life experience.............I have known to many anomalies for this to have any merit.

I am NOT for the legalization of pot anymore than I'm for puttng oxycontin over the counter.

I don't believe the nonsense that "I should be able to put anything in my body I want."

That's stupid. There is a reason why some things need a doctor's prescription, and I have no problem with that.

It's like an alcoholic claiming booze is not causing him harm. He's hardly objective!

Am I for "big government" because I want drunk drivers caught before they kill me and my family on the road??????

Everyone wants to blame the federal government for the money spent in the drug war.

But that's like blaming the police department for the money spent to catch murderers.

Is it the police department's fault there is murder, or is the fault of the murderers?

And don't give me any bullshit that pot harms no one. I used to date someone who lived in the Bahamas and if you knew how many people are killed so someone here can smoke that pot . . .

As my former boyfriend called them, "Those Crazy Columbians, they will kill anyone that comes near those floating bales."

And that doesn't include the people killed who accidentally come upon crops right here in the US.

My stepfather used to be a sherrif's deputy and he covered more than one innocent person killed because they accidentally came upon a crop grown right here in the states.

or some fucker smoking a Cigarette with his Vodka tonic in his hand....or some one who has never been around the stuff or tried it themselves......but reads an article about the killer weed and now is a semi-expert.....did you enjoy 'Reefer Madness" that was made for people just like you....

I have heard full head on alcoholics condemn pot smokers, while plastered out of their minds, with car keys in hand.

Pot stimulates the economy...
th_doritos.jpg

I have heard full head on alcoholics condemn pot smokers, while plastered out of their minds, with car keys in hand.

that sounds like Ginscopy....

The abuse of ALCOHOL is the largest drug problem in the US, that also destroys the brain.

that sounds like Ginscopy....

:redface: What is that? :redface: :D

I loved that flick. Especially the remastered one where when the guys exhaled the smoke was green, but when the gals exhaled it was pink.

Forum List

Back