Post Debate Discussion

In my opinion, it being a tie at the very least is a victory for Obama.

This was suppose to be a knockout for McCain as this was supposedly his strong suit.

In my opinion, it being a tie at the very least is a victory for Obama.

This was suppose to be a knockout for McCain as this was supposedly his strong suit.

Let me take a real wild stab at this because I didn't even watch it.

The opinions will reflect the politics of the posters .

as the undecided but leftist leaning....i found both did a pretty good job. Obama cant tie with McCain he has to step up and do battle with him. Of course tomorrow we will find out what is fact and what was fiction.

I find it hard to believe that stylist let McCain wear that suit, Cindy's dress and Michelles dress were both fashion failures.

Let me take a real wild stab at this because I didn't even watch it.

The opinions will reflect the politics of the posters .

Swingvoter would disagree with you.

It seemed even at plenty of times but all I heard from weeks from Republicans on this board is how Obama was going to be wrecked. That didn't happen.

They both surpassed my expectations. But Obama made more sense.

Except the 9-11 question. Few things piss me off.

-Joe

What's pissing me now is how the media is making sure this stays close.

First it was how Obama's weakness was debating, and now it's "McCain is lucky he didn't lose the election tonight." :cuckoo:

And I will admit that the 9-11 question pissed me off. That would of been better spent on something else.

They both surpassed my expectations. But Obama made more sense.

Mac was much better than he was at the convention.

But just can't agree with him on the unfocused foreign policy, regardless of how clearly he speaks. Afghan/Paki should be priority #1. Bush has been ultraliberal on Pak and on going after Bin Laden, and Mac sounds like he just wants to continue that.

I think they both did very well. McCain clearly has substantially more foreign policy experience and it shows, while I like Obama's plan for the home front. I thought they were more thought out and expressed in a clear manner. My only real complaint about McCain is he would never even look at Obama when he was speaking. Even with he was addressing something that Obama had just said, he didn't bother to even look in his direction. Obama was much better in that regard.

Interesting thought: The independent lines on CNN went down when John McCain seemed to be "lecturing" Obama on Foreign Policy. Seems they didn't like McCain squawking "Obama doesn't understand" over and over.

That is exactly the impression I got.

He practically avoided Pakistian after all these months of saying he'll follow Osama to the gates of hell. He might lose some standing with voters there.

We need to start focusing on Afghanistan more then Iraq, but McCain wants to focus on Iraq with no troop withdrawal time table but still have us out by 2013. :cuckoo:

My only real complaint about McCain is he would never even look at Obama when he was speaking. Even with he was addressing something that Obama had just said, he didn't bother to even look in his direction. Obama was much better in that regard.

I was watching that too. Mac spoke reasonably well but his body language said nervous, need to pee, not telling the truth.

What was all that nonsense about Obama said he would sit down without preconditions, accusations of parsing words? Mac sounded awfully petty about that.

For all those who care:

Joe Biden is about to speak on CNN in a few. Currently, they have one of Senator McCain's advisors on.

What was all that nonsense about Obama said he would sit down without preconditions, accusations of parsing words? Mac sounded awfully petty about that.

That's when the green line (independent line) on CNN sunk for McCain. He sounded very petty when saying that.

Forum List

Back