Post Debate Discussion

Mac was much better than he was at the convention.

But just can't agree with him on the unfocused foreign policy, regardless of how clearly he speaks. Afghan/Paki should be priority #1. Bush has been ultraliberal on Pak and on going after Bin Laden, and Mac sounds like he just wants to continue that.

THat's a good point, and one that Obama won.

What do you guys think about the whole 'preconditions' thing?

Does anyone have a link to what Kissinger said?

-Joe

One of the analysts I heard after the show stated that Kissinger has indeed said that he would agree to talks without preconditions, but only on a lower level (Secretary of State or something lower), not president to foreign head of state. I was not really sure which level Obama was talking about, but he was definitely not wrong.

Let me take a real wild stab at this because I didn't even watch it.

The opinions will reflect the politics of the posters .

You didn't watch Duck for a reason? Or you were unable to watch it or you chose not to watch? Just curious. But as I said in my previous post you are right about opinions ... now ... they will reflect the politics of we posters.

What was all that nonsense about Obama said he would sit down without preconditions, accusations of parsing words? Mac sounded awfully petty about that.

It was all semantics, it became pretty clear they don't really disagrere that much about it. McCain was determined to drive it as far as it would go, which was not very.

You're funny. Too bad you're on the wrong side.

Well Anguille, Ninja would know that the Hannah Montana special on as he is about to watch it.

Though I think it's more to watch Miley Cyrus then anything.

It was all semantics, it became pretty clear they don't really disagrere that much about it. McCain was determined to drive it as far as it would go, which was not very.

McCain came off looking like a silly fussbudget.

well Anguille, Ninja Would Know That The Hannah Montana Special On As He Is About To Watch It.

Though I Think It's More To Watch Miley Cyrus Then Anything.

Lol!!!

I think he's changing into his Tele Tubbie pajamas as we speak.

Last edited:

Exactly. Its just silly semantics. Neither McCain or Obama are just going to invite that Iranian dude over for tea and crumpets.

That whole "preconditions" garbage is only good for giggles among two-time bush voters. They're the only ones that have fainting spells about that.

Americans at large, don't give a shit about that. They just want someone who is going to be different than Bush on foreign policy.

The debate started out very flat on the subject of the bailout, clearly a subject on which neither candidate wanted to tackle... and for good reason. It's still in negotiations.

When they moved into the schedule foreign policy sement, I think Obama showed himself equal to the task. Obviously, each had differing opinions but Obama was not the pushover McCain expected. For me, I felt more comfort from the positions Obama took. I was glad to see the subject of health take a tiny segment. I've read McCain's proposal and Obama was spot on with his assessment of it.

I'm leaning more left that ever in my voting life thus I have to give Obama the edge. JMHO

McCain is determined to continue to waste $120 billion dollars a year in Iraq.

Unbelievable.

What an idiot!

Where is Sarah Palin, the pitbull with lipstick???

Biden is all over the cable shows, defending his boss.

Why is the GOP still hiding Palin? Don't they even trust her to get out there, mix it up, and defend her own boss??

If you're a simpleton, I suppose it might seem that way.

It's that simple to the Right Wing extremists.

This is what they heard when McCain spoke:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cvotwO0Kwo]YouTube - Charlie Brown's Teacher[/ame]

:rofl:

Where is Sarah Palin, the pitbull with lipstick???

Biden is all over the cable shows, defending his boss.

Why is the GOP still hiding Palin? Don't they even trust her to get out there, mix it up, and defend her own boss??

Nope, she might have to answer a question.

It's like Superman trying to handle Kryptonite.

Forum List

Back