Post Debate Discussion

He practically avoided Pakistian after all these months of saying he'll follow Osama to the gates of hell. He might lose some standing with voters there.

We need to start focusing on Afghanistan more then Iraq, but McCain wants to focus on Iraq with no troop withdrawal time table but still have us out by 2013. :cuckoo:

But Mc Cain will be there for the troops returning home, so he says. Does anyone believe that?

While I believe they both did a good job stating their positions, I think during the economic portion of the debate they were prety much even, however, during most of the latter half of the debate, McCain did a good job of highlighting Obama's inexperience.

Iraq is and was an enormous waste of our resources. McCain said AQ will take over in Iraq if we leave.

That is ridiculous. AQ is Sunni, Iraq is Shia. McCain STILL DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THAT!!!

It was basically a tie.

Both candidates showed depth, competence, and expertise in foreign policy and world affairs.

Which is a breath of fresh air after amateur hour with Sarah Palin on her two interviews.

But Mc Cain will be there for the troops returning home, so he says. Does anyone believe that?

That'll he even believe alive? No

I laugh when he says 2013 because that's right about the next election season.

Obama looked calmer and more re-assuring. I agree that McCain's body language was uncomfortable. My wife also pointed out that he never looked at Obama.

He didn't, he looked forward to the crowd and had a smirk on his face.

Obama looked at McCain when he was speaking and listening. I thought that was great of him body language wise. He looked calm and cool when he did that.

He didn't, he looked forward to the crowd and had a smirk on his face.

Obama looked at McCain when he was speaking and listening. I thought that was great of him body language wise. He looked calm and cool when he did that.

I really respect the way Obama listened to McCain and thought about what he was saying. I want a president who knows how to listen, how to be well informed before making decisions.

Last edited:
Obama and Biden could do a rendition of 2 Girls 1 Cup and you'd say you want a president who likes scat play.

Ninja = Bringing up old memes thinking they are funny when they're not anymore.

Robert = repeating things that he hears on CNN that make him feel good and thinking people care.

:rolleyes: I'm not even paying attention to CNN as I have my music playing now.

But whatever helps you sleep at night.

Since McCain didn't wreck Obama like you thought he would. We'll see if Sarah Palin will last into next week.

Obama and Biden could do a rendition of 2 Girls 1 Cup and you'd say you want a president who likes scat play.
lol!
Nope. I was for Clinton. I'm only recently coming around to think Obama'll do as good a job.

Last edited:
What do you guys think about the whole 'preconditions' thing?

Does anyone have a link to what Kissinger said?

-Joe

I liked the format, Lehrer was much better than the self-important windbag moderators we had in the dem and GOP primaries.

I agree. The only real problem was Lehrer getting them to actually 'talk' to each other. At least Obama did catch on to that and did look at McCain when speaking to him. What was wrong with McCain and him not even looking at Obama? Even once while speaking :confused: .... it was almost as if he was afraid he would go off his memorized routine. My opinion only and said as a Obama supporter.

I do agree that as far a comments here will go ... as far as who won? It will be who you were supporting before the debate. Nothing will or has changed, with this 1st debate. We are divided, as it should be.

Booooringggggg

I don't buy for a minute that only lehr knew the questions.

I want to see a debate where they toss a coin and the winner speaks on any topic he chooses for two minutes. The other guy gets a minute to respond then they switch off.

The moderators job is to cut the mike at either 60 or 120 seconds.

Forum List

Back