Zone1 Pope blesses same sex couples

Status
Not open for further replies.
...with a few caveats...not in connection with any sort of "marriage" or civil union, and the Church's teachings against adultery and sodomy are not affected.

Big Nothing Burger.

If you vow to be celibate, a priest can "bless" you and your friendship. There are also occasions when priests can bless household pets and houses themselves.

While we are all sinners, no Bible-based church can sanction a relationship, the essence of which is sinful behavior. It would be exactly like blessing an adulterous relationship, or a relationship between a man and a sheep (refer to Woody Allen's old film).

The Church has never taught that a homosexual orientation is sinful. It is not a sin to be gay. Everyone is welcome in the Church. But you can't come in and say, in effect, I want to belong, but I reject your moral teachings. Doesn't work that way.

I guess it's worth mentioning that this keeps coming up - I think - because there are a lot of celibate homosexual priests who feel conflicted about the Church's condemnation of their gay counterparts in the secular world.

Now that's the final straw for the Catholick church in America.

There can be no greater insult to true and literal believers!

They've duly earned their 'k' this time!

Closed. Opening statement does not follow thread creation rules and OP refused to rectify when given the opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back