Zone1 The Pope slams American Catholics as backward

With the Left in love with antisemitism these days, will the Catholic church return to building ghettos for Jews to live in like they did in 1516 in Venice?

Why did the Catholic church persecute Jews for centuries in Europe?

If you ask me, they are responsible for what led up to the Holocaust.

The Pope says building walls is hateful. Is building walls hateful?

Encouraging illegals to make the dangerous journey that kills God only knows how many and then bus them from red state to blue state to red state and back again is what I think is hateful.

But really, Texas is the one state that takes the biggest beating. The blue states have supported this unfettered immigration across the board as they first come to states like Texas, but then welcome them in sanctuary cities until a few thousand get there, then all of a sudden they declare a state of emergency and tell them to no longer come? Meanwhile, Texas takes in millions at a time and are suppose to just shut the hell up and like it.

If the border was secure, then voters would have the power to determine immigration policy. But the Left detests democracy. so they don't allow voters to have any control over it.

Nehemiah built walls around Jerusalem so that the Jews could return and live in peace. What he hateful? If he was, God must have been as well cuz he told him to build those walls.
You know the answers to these questions.

The Pope has just come out and proclaimed that American Catholics are backward in relation to their opposition to such things as abortion and sex and gender. He says that their ideology has replaced their faith and also says that American Catholics that have attacked him in the past, says it was an honor to be their object of scorn.

Perhaps this is why the Catholic church has not come down hard on pedophile priests within the church. We are confronted about every day regarding a pedophile abusing a child in the news, so perhaps those that oppose such behavior are now backward and not going along with the common morals of our time. In fact, in ancient Sparta and Greece, all men took on under aged boy lovers.

I think the Catholic church at least should come out and redefine such things as abortion as not being murder. That is the least they could do, unless, being opposed to murder is now backward. Then again, with people dancing in the streets all over the world in celebration of Hamas slaughtering Jews, perhaps it is now hip to murder.

I dunno, only the Pope has such moral clarity, so ask him.
Exhibit 48,946 on why Catholic Church is a product of Satan.

The Pope has just come out and proclaimed that American Catholics are backward in relation to their opposition to such things as abortion and sex and gender
He said no such thing. There is no quotes about abortion, or on sex and gender.

This is yet another Fake News headline aimed at dividing Catholics and Christians as a whole.

The message of Jesus was offensive.

Only through him is the path to God?

I don't think that is what the Pope believes.

In fact, I don't think that is what most Catholics believe.

I think the 2 things the Pope is most concerned with is Climate Change and Trump.

That is it.
So now you are speaking for all Catholics?

I don’t know any Catholics that believe there is any path other than through Christ to God.

I do know a lot of Protestants that definitely believe there are multiple paths to God. Such as the ones that say modern day Jews worship the same God, and that Muslims worship the same God, and they actually believe these people can get into Heaven as long as they are “good people”.

I will repeat, the Pope needs to come clean regarding the Church's position on such things as abortion
He has been very clear on the issue, here are several quotes:

Pope Francis respondedthat “abortion is more than an issue. Abortion is murder.”

“Scientifically it’s a human life. The textbooks teach us that. But is it right to take it out to solve a problem? This is why the Church is so strict on this issue because accepting this is kind of like accepting daily murder,” Francis said.

The pope has said that abortion of children who are sick or disabled is like Nazi eugentics “but with white gloves.”

“I have heard that it is in fashion, or at least customary, in the first months of pregnancy to have certain exams, to see whether the baby is not well, or has some problems. The first proposal in that case is: ‘Shall we do away with it?’ The murder of children,” Pope Francis said in a speech a family association.

“In the last century the entire world was scandalized over what the Nazis were doing to maintain the purity of the race. Today we do the same thing, but with white gloves,” Pope Francis said.

When asked about abortion for pregnant women amid the Zika virus scare, Pope Francis responded that abortion is “an absolute evil” and against doctors’ Hippocratic oath.

“Abortion is not the lesser of two evils. It is a crime. It is to throw someone out in order to save another. That's what the Mafia does. It is a crime, an absolute evil,” the pope said in his in-flight press conference returning from Mexico.

“Abortion is not a theological problem. It is a human problem. It is a medical problem. You kill one person to save another, in the best case scenario. … It's against the Hippocratic oaths doctors must take. It is an evil in and of itself,” he said.

Is that clear enough?

If the church has nothing to offer apart from and has nothing to offer than people have to offer apart from God, they have nothing to offer the world. As such, they become useless.
What a ridiculous statement, the church offers salvation.

Curious to know what “church” you think is better?

The Pope has just come out and proclaimed that American Catholics are backward in relation to their opposition to such things as abortion and sex and gender. He says that their ideology has replaced their faith and also says that American Catholics that have attacked him in the past, says it was an honor to be their object of scorn.

Perhaps this is why the Catholic church has not come down hard on pedophile priests within the church. We are confronted about every day regarding a pedophile abusing a child in the news, so perhaps those that oppose such behavior are now backward and not going along with the common morals of our time. In fact, in ancient Sparta and Greece, all men took on under aged boy lovers.

I think the Catholic church at least should come out and redefine such things as abortion as not being murder. That is the least they could do, unless, being opposed to murder is now backward. Then again, with people dancing in the streets all over the world in celebration of Hamas slaughtering Jews, perhaps it is now hip to murder.

I dunno, only the Pope has such moral clarity, so ask him.
Well one of three things will happen:
1. Nothing
2. The Roman Catholic Church will head the way of so many other denominations that have become so 'inclusive', extreme leftwing sociopolitical, 'woke' etc. that it forgets what it is to be the Church
3. Those Catholics who know in their heart that #2 is wrong, wrong, wrong will leave the Catholic Church as the Anglicans/Episcopalians did and stay with the traditions and faith that has sustained them all their lives.

He said no such thing. There is no quotes about abortion, or on sex and gender.

Well one of three things will happen:
1. Nothing
2. The Roman Catholic Church will head the way of so many other denominations that have become so 'inclusive', extreme leftwing sociopolitical, 'woke' etc. that it forgets what it is to be the Church
3. Those Catholics who know in their heart that #2 is wrong, wrong, wrong will leave the Catholic Church as the Anglicans/Episcopalians did and stay with the traditions and faith that has sustained them all their lives.
First, I agree with Hawk that this news story seems to have nothing to do with the Church making any change about abortion or LGBTQ. Whether the Pope is edging this way, or whether the media wants people to conclude the Pope is about to change things is a separate issue.

Everything in me says the Church will not be making any changes about either of the above. But let's suppose I'm wrong. What would happen? I suspect millions of Catholics would move to the Orthodox Church. Catholic and Orthodox doctrine are practically identical.

He has been very clear on the issue, here are several quotes:

Pope Francis respondedthat “abortion is more than an issue. Abortion is murder.”

“Scientifically it’s a human life. The textbooks teach us that. But is it right to take it out to solve a problem? This is why the Church is so strict on this issue because accepting this is kind of like accepting daily murder,” Francis said.

The pope has said that abortion of children who are sick or disabled is like Nazi eugentics “but with white gloves.”

“I have heard that it is in fashion, or at least customary, in the first months of pregnancy to have certain exams, to see whether the baby is not well, or has some problems. The first proposal in that case is: ‘Shall we do away with it?’ The murder of children,” Pope Francis said in a speech a family association.

“In the last century the entire world was scandalized over what the Nazis were doing to maintain the purity of the race. Today we do the same thing, but with white gloves,” Pope Francis said.

When asked about abortion for pregnant women amid the Zika virus scare, Pope Francis responded that abortion is “an absolute evil” and against doctors’ Hippocratic oath.

“Abortion is not the lesser of two evils. It is a crime. It is to throw someone out in order to save another. That's what the Mafia does. It is a crime, an absolute evil,” the pope said in his in-flight press conference returning from Mexico.

“Abortion is not a theological problem. It is a human problem. It is a medical problem. You kill one person to save another, in the best case scenario. … It's against the Hippocratic oaths doctors must take. It is an evil in and of itself,” he said.

Is that clear enough?
The Pope has been very critical of priests in the US for not giving the Eucharist to politicians who openly endorse infanticide. It would be like refusing to give the Eucharist to Hitler for his Holocaust. I agree with not giving them the Eucharist, especially when they are openly making a mockery of the faith as where you see no problem with giving Biden the Eucharist. You see no problem with Biden and a whole host of other democrats doing the same. In fact, where is the Pope in regards to mutilating the genitals of children? Has he said anything about this? Instead, he has picked a war with his own people to divide them further and has neglected standing up for his own faith.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. The Pope claims US priests are playing politics, when really they would treat Republicans the same and while condeming Trump for building walls. Has anyone ever heard the Pope condemn Biden for his infanticide? I know I have not.

The Pope is a partisan fraud.

What a ridiculous statement, the church offers salvation.

Curious to know what “church” you think is better?
What was his last speech on salvation? All I hear him say is preaching about the evils of global warming or pushing the envelope to allow Leftism into the church.

Honestly, can you provide a sermon on the gospel of Christ and not Climate change?

The Pope has been very critical of priests in the US for not giving the Eucharist to politicians who openly endorse infanticide.
Yes, Nancy Pelosi is a shameful example of this. When a US priest began refusing her communion, she simply hopped on a plane to Rome and received communion from the Pope. Mrs. Pelsosi and the Pope should be equally shamed. I know I was ashamed of both.

Yes, Nancy Pelosi is a shameful example of this. When a US priest began refusing her communion, she simply hopped on a plane to Rome and received communion from the Pope. Mrs. Pelsosi and the Pope should be equally shamed. I know I was ashamed of both.
Would anyone with a conscience give communion to a loud and proud advocate of infanticide?

No.

But people within the Catholic church worship the Pope, and as such, become a cult of man.

People like Hawk have no problem with this apparently, as the same Pope becomes political and attacked his President by saying people who build walls are going to hell, a clear shot at Trump.

Meanwhile, God told Nehemiah to build a wall around Jerusalem, why again?

But knowing the Bible is not much of a Catholic church thing from what I have ascertained. It is akin to Catholics of old not having a Bible or even knowing how to read as they lap up everything the Pope tells them as gospel, like buying your way out of Purgatory so they can finance their lavish Vatican palace.

First, I agree with Hawk that this news story seems to have nothing to do with the Church making any change about abortion or LGBTQ. Whether the Pope is edging this way, or whether the media wants people to conclude the Pope is about to change things is a separate issue.

Everything in me says the Church will not be making any changes about either of the above. But let's suppose I'm wrong. What would happen? I suspect millions of Catholics would move to the Orthodox Church. Catholic and Orthodox doctrine are practically identical.
Yes I should have had a fourth option, i.e. we'll find out the information in the OP is just anti-Catholic propaganda.

With the Left in love with antisemitism these days, will the Catholic church return to building ghettos for Jews to live in like they did in 1516 in Venice?

Why did the Catholic church persecute Jews for centuries in Europe?

If you ask me, they are responsible for what led up to the Holocaust.
Catholic Church sided with Hitler.
All anyone needs to know

But people within the Catholic church worship the Pope, and as such, become a cult of man.
No, people within the Catholic Church do not worship the Pope. We don't even know the Pope, and the idea Catholics worship him is nonsense and pure ignorance. Who gave you that idea?
But knowing the Bible is not much of a Catholic church thing from what I have ascertained. It is akin to Catholics of old not having a Bible or even knowing how to read as they lap up everything the Pope tells them as gospel, like buying your way out of Purgatory so they can finance their lavish Vatican palace.
One cannot--and never could--buy their way out of purgatory. Let's start with discussing the Sacrament of Confession. The sin is forgiven. Also required are reparations for the damage a sin may have caused. For example, say a thief confesses to stealing a large amount of money. That is a sin, and it can be forgiven. However, the Church also teaches that part of the penance is to pay back the money that was stolen (reparation). In other words, one cannot steal a million dollars, be forgiven the sin, but divine justice requires paying back that which was stolen.

Indulgences are a means of reparation. For example, suppose a lie that was told ruined a person's reputation and reduced opportunities for employment or opportunities for their children. Divine justice requires reparation in one form or another, even when money is not involved.

While the Church kept a very close eye on who could grant indulgences, but what happened? First, a person who had no authority to grant an indulgence said they did. Second, instead of more spiritual or physical practices which could also meet the requirements of reparation, money was substituted, and that money was used for other reasons.

Forum List

Back