Poll: Do you want the Federal governemnt running all healthcare?

Do you want single payer healthcare run by the Federal government?

• No. I'd rather work and pay for my own healthcare

Votes: 56 83.6%
  • Yes. I trust the government to provide world class healthcare to everyone

Votes: 11 16.4%

• Total voters
I don't believe it is only a choice between 100% gov't run healthcare and 0% gov't healthcare (I think the All-Payer model may be a better option). But if I had to choose one or the other I'll go with gov't. I've seen how healthcare in this country doesn't work, both before and after the ACA, whereas it works in other countries and the VA.
Good luck with an amendment.
The healthcare being talked about now will ban all health insurers. 100 percent govt regulated. No options.
Ran by a bunch of retards. Cant wait!

I remember Obama's promise that Obamacare would save all families about $2,500 a year, it actually cost them about $10,000 a year in deductibles, meaning that they basically pay premiums AND pay deductibles to see a doctor. McCain really screwed up not killing Obamacare when he had the chance.

The democrats are running on "single payer" Medicare for all, where the government pays for all healthcare, and its FREE when needed. I can't imagine the lines of people waiting to see doctors. I wonder what GS pay grade doctors would get?

These two links basically prove two main points:
1. About 20% of the population uses 80% of the healthcare system. Can you say "pre-existing conditions"?

Does 20% of the population really use 80% of health care dollars?
2. The bottom 50% of the population by income pays basically nothing for healthcare
How do health expenditures vary across the population? - Peterson-Kaiser Health System Tracker

How can we improve the US healthcare system?
1. The bottom half of the population needs to work to get healthcare, medicaid needs to be cut
2. The 20% of the sickest need top pay more for healthcare since they use most of the resource

Any better ideas??

1. Are you willing to let the bottom half die in the streets if they cannot afford to pay for their healthcare?

2. They already pay more. My son is a Type-1 diabetic, the cost associated with that are enormous and I wonder how people manage.

There are a lot of problems with our system. I know a guy, he is about 28 or so, that was in between job and ended up in the ER and was diagnosed with Chrons disease. He spent 4 days in the hospital without insurance and will likely never be able to pay off what he owes. This is a problem with our system.

Around the time my mom and step-dad hit 70 they sold all their land and their house to my sister and BIL and essentially rented their house to avoid losing it all to the high cost of end of life care. This should not be necessary.

The problem in our country is we treat healthcare as both a commodity and a service. That cannot work in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
So, whats your solution? Big brother?

My solution is that “we the people” need to decide if healthcare is a commodity or a service.

If it is a commodity then those without the means to pay for it do not get it, just like every other commodity. Laws that mandate ERs, medical personnel and hospitals provide care must be taken off the books.

If it is a service then it should be treated like the police or fire department.

I'd say some basic level of healthcare is a right of every citizen.
The "right" of helathcare is the govt not oppressing you from seeking it.

Government is the reason health "care" (insurance) prices are inflated right now. Get them out of there and premiums fall.

Also, Medicare needs leaned out. All them commercials all the time trying to exploit loopholes in Medicare to sell people stuff they don't need.

I remember Obama's promise that Obamacare would save all families about $2,500 a year, it actually cost them about $10,000 a year in deductibles, meaning that they basically pay premiums AND pay deductibles to see a doctor. McCain really screwed up not killing Obamacare when he had the chance.

The democrats are running on "single payer" Medicare for all, where the government pays for all healthcare, and its FREE when needed. I can't imagine the lines of people waiting to see doctors. I wonder what GS pay grade doctors would get?

1. About 20% of the population uses 80% of the healthcare system. Can you say "pre-existing conditions"?

2. The bottom 50% of the population by income pays basically nothing for healthcare
How do health expenditures vary across the population? - Peterson-Kaiser Health System Tracker

1. The bottom half of the population needs to work to get healthcare, medicaid needs to be cut
2. The 20% of the sickest need top pay more for healthcare since they use most of the resource

Any better ideas??

1. Are you willing to let the bottom half die in the streets if they cannot afford to pay for their healthcare?

2. They already pay more. My son is a Type-1 diabetic, the cost associated with that are enormous and I wonder how people manage.

There are a lot of problems with our system. I know a guy, he is about 28 or so, that was in between job and ended up in the ER and was diagnosed with Chrons disease. He spent 4 days in the hospital without insurance and will likely never be able to pay off what he owes. This is a problem with our system.

Around the time my mom and step-dad hit 70 they sold all their land and their house to my sister and BIL and essentially rented their house to avoid losing it all to the high cost of end of life care. This should not be necessary.

The problem in our country is we treat healthcare as both a commodity and a service. That cannot work in the long run.

My solution is that “we the people” need to decide if healthcare is a commodity or a service.

If it is a commodity then those without the means to pay for it do not get it, just like every other commodity. Laws that mandate ERs, medical personnel and hospitals provide care must be taken off the books.

If it is a service then it should be treated like the police or fire department.

Is housing and food a right too? They're both necessary for life.

Any better ideas??

Is housing and food a right too? They're both necessary for life.

No.

I don't believe it is only a choice between 100% gov't run healthcare and 0% gov't healthcare (I think the All-Payer model may be a better option). But if I had to choose one or the other I'll go with gov't. I've seen how healthcare in this country doesn't work, both before and after the ACA, whereas it works in other countries and the VA.

That's why Jagger had his work done in the US, amirite?

GTFO here with that commie garbage!

That's why all the Canucks wait unttil wintertime to get procedures done in America, right? Derp!

I am for two-tired healthcare.

Full government healthcare for those who cannot it otherwise AND private healthcare (with zero/minimal government meddling) for everyone else.

Any better ideas??

correct and that only includes they need to take care of themselves at home so they dont get sick or injured

its not anyones right to make others pay for it

Why are those the only 2 choices? Why does it have to be all or nothing?

There's a big misconception about government run healthcare. It's the lobbyist and drug companies and insurance companies who use the power of government to run healthcare in a way that kills competition, raises prices, and leads to poor healthcare.

Having practiced medicine for over 30 years, Congressman Ron Paul gives his perspective on the past and future of medicine in this country, and the effects of government and special interests on quality, costs and access.

Full government healthcare for those who cannot it otherwise AND private healthcare (with zero/minimal government meddling) for everyone else.
Did you not go to school after the 2nd grade?

I skipped grade six...as a matter of fact.

Care to try a different personal attack...one that actually makes sense?

So if you open up a candy store next to one giving away all free candy how long would you stay open dumb arse

You're trying to have a rational discussion with an irrational person.

The who will pay for it? Thats the problem with that, it seems.
The middle class will be the ones to get fucked.

The who will pay for it? Thats the problem with that, it seems.
The middle class will be the ones to get fucked.
Lol @ me
The middle class are always the ones to get fucked by big govt policies.

Government is the reason health "care" (insurance) prices are inflated right now. Get them out of there and premiums fall.

Also, Medicare needs leaned out. All them commercials all the time trying to exploit loopholes in Medicare to sell people stuff they don't need.
Premiums will fall but will the quality of care also fall? Will it be a race to the bottom?

What I've mostly seen on TV are prescription drug commercials. Are they advertising to doctors or patients? The goal is obviously to increase sales in a free market but does that make for better healthcare outcomes?

Nobody is denied healthcare in the U.S. If you can not afford to pay you can walk into, or be delivered to any hospital and get healthcare provided to you. <snip>.

You should try to get into an Emergency Room in South Florida.

You can't. It is FILLED to the brim with beaners, none of whom have insurance.

Because they know, they have been instructed and taught, that the E-Room MUST treat them.

Then they take off never to pay a dime of the costs.

So what do the Hospitals and Doctors do?

They cost-shift it onto the those who CAN pay. You. Me.

We need to have a Mandatory Insurance Law in this Country. Just like you are required to have Auto Insurance (which is private)

Forum List

Back