Poll: Do you want the Federal governemnt running all healthcare?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kyzr, Apr 17, 2019.

?

Do you want single payer healthcare run by the Federal government?

1. No. I'd rather work and pay for my own healthcare

56 vote(s)
    83.6%
  2. Yes. I trust the government to provide world class healthcare to everyone

11 vote(s)
    16.4%
  1. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,794
    I remember Obama's promise that Obamacare would save all families about $2,500 a year, it actually cost them about $10,000 a year in deductibles, meaning that they basically pay premiums AND pay deductibles to see a doctor. McCain really screwed up not killing Obamacare when he had the chance.

The democrats are running on "single payer" Medicare for all, where the government pays for all healthcare, and its FREE when needed. I can't imagine the lines of people waiting to see doctors. I wonder what GS pay grade doctors would get?

These two links basically prove two main points:
    1. About 20% of the population uses 80% of the healthcare system. Can you say "pre-existing conditions"?

Does 20% of the population really use 80% of health care dollars?
    2. The bottom 50% of the population by income pays basically nothing for healthcare
    How do health expenditures vary across the population? - Peterson-Kaiser Health System Tracker

How can we improve the US healthcare system?
    1. The bottom half of the population needs to work to get healthcare, medicaid needs to be cut
    2. The 20% of the sickest need top pay more for healthcare since they use most of the resource

Any better ideas??

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. TNHarley

TNHarley Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65,843
    Get the govt out of healthcare.
    Hey, its no more a pipe dream than a bunch of washington imbeciles running a decent healthcare system for 350 m people :dunno:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. my2¢

my2¢ So it goes.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,944
    When I receive a messed up billing from a doctor I want the government to run healthcare as their punishment.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 2
  4. Pete7469

Pete7469 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,695
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
  5. Flash

Flash Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46,376
    Filthy corrupt bureaucrats, whose bosses are asshole politicians, elected by special interest groups, being in charge of your health care.

What could possibly go wrong?

Wanna bet those politicians will be able to arrange it so they get to opt out of the system, just like they did with Obamacare.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Crepitus

Crepitus Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,786
    Youve left out a few options kid.

In the best possible world my answer would be "yes, I trust the government..." .But realistically what I would say is "it's the best of a bad lot".

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. JWBooth

JWBooth Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,503
    No government involvement at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. rightwinger

rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +100,958
    I feel the same way

After my wife was hospitalized for a week I got a stack of bills demanding payment before my insurance had even settled. I ended up negotiating between the doctors and my insurance over payment. Out of network doctors would show up and treat my wife and then my insurance refused to pay them

I met a guy from UK once who told me he had open heart surgery. He said he just showed his ID card when he checked in and never received a bill

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Golfing Gator

Golfing Gator Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,424
    1. Are you willing to let the bottom half die in the streets if they cannot afford to pay for their healthcare?

2. They already pay more. My son is a Type-1 diabetic, the cost associated with that are enormous and I wonder how people manage.

There are a lot of problems with our system. I know a guy, he is about 28 or so, that was in between job and ended up in the ER and was diagnosed with Chrons disease. He spent 4 days in the hospital without insurance and will likely never be able to pay off what he owes. This is a problem with our system.

Around the time my mom and step-dad hit 70 they sold all their land and their house to my sister and BIL and essentially rented their house to avoid losing it all to the high cost of end of life care. This should not be necessary.

The problem in our country is we treat healthcare as both a commodity and a service. That cannot work in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Claudette

Claudette Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,588
    I agree. You won't find health care in the Constitution and the Govt. has no business in health care.

If they ran it would be miles of red tape, paperwork up the ass and long waits. Not to mention cost. You know 2,000 dollars for a Govt. hammer or toilet seat. Just look at how the VA is run.

Anyone who wants the Govt. to run health care for 350 million Americans has rocks for brains.

• Winner Winner x 2