Poll: do you think Rubio still has a shot at the nomination?

Do you think Rubio still has a shot at the nomination?

• Yes

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • No

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters
Do you think Rubio still has a shot at the nomination?
This neocon has no chance to become President, either in this election or in any future elections.
Golly, you heard it here first, folks.
Neocons rinos teabaggers libertarians Reagan Republicans. How many wings do your right wingers have?
How many bowls have you had this morning?
2. Poker night last night. Lots of drinking and weed
Color me shocked.
Little hair of the dog I'm good.

Considering the field I would say Rubio has a chance of turning it around. Two votes in small states might not mean much. But Rubio has to stop with the canned responses and the robot type appearances.

I was all for him until he didn't vote on the unconstitutional two year budget. Voting present is for whimps.
I think he should have, it had no chance of being over turned but he might have decided to play it safe. But on the flip side of the coin we have Cruz who will put him self out there. The problem is he doesn't see, or maybe care about the consequences. He was responsible for the two week government shut down. On principle and all it did was harm Republicans.

I have no problem with the Government shutdown and I don't think it hurt the Republicans at all considering the beating the Democrats have been taking. I talk to no one that even mentions the government shutdown. Matter of fact most are all for it. Pretty funny that the democrats thought so little of their base that they thought they would become motivated because a scenic road side stop was closed by Obama and of course blamed on the Republicans.

That said, I do like what Cruz has to say and has done but I am too superficial to get past his looks. Just something about him.
People don't know what went on but the shutdown did hurt Republicans, congress in particular and gave ammo to the left. The shutdown had no chance working since obama wasn't backing down. It served one purpose only, to advance the career of Ted Cruz. He made a name for himself and was known as an outsider. Yipee, but it didn't help anyone else.

Every candidate has their pluses and minuses, in the end, we elect flawed people, not demi-gods.

Golly, you heard it here first, folks.
Neocons rinos teabaggers libertarians Reagan Republicans. How many wings do your right wingers have?
How many bowls have you had this morning?
2. Poker night last night. Lots of drinking and weed
Color me shocked.
Little hair of the dog I'm good.
Is the dog growing out of control though?

Considering the field I would say Rubio has a chance of turning it around. Two votes in small states might not mean much. But Rubio has to stop with the canned responses and the robot type appearances.

I was all for him until he didn't vote on the unconstitutional two year budget. Voting present is for whimps.

So let me get this straight. Hillary coming in second in ONE small state means, "She's Doomed!", but Rubio coming in third and fifth in two small states, meh, no biggie, he can still pull this out.

So let me get this straight. Hillary coming in second in ONE small state means, "She's Doomed!", but Rubio coming in third and fifth in two small states, meh, no biggie, he can still pull this out.

Actually, Mrs. Bosnia Clinton losing to old man Sanders by double digits of all women (11) is meaningful.

I think the important question of this thread should be "even if Rubio gets the RNC nomination, will he win the general election?" Eh? Better question?...

When insanity gets rights, Palin, Trump, and Cruz are considered sane.
We agree then! Insanity on both ends of the political spectrum must be reined in.

1. LGBT insane because they want a legal right to strip children of either a mother or father for life in formal law and contract.

2. Palin because she has an IQ of about 87 and has no business being Governor of a state, much less VP of the seat of the free world.

3. Trump because he has ...ahem..innate grandiosity issues which make him unfit to negotiate with foreign powers in a delicate way; as is demanded of the POTUS position.

4. Cruz because in order to have made it to Senator, he surely at some point in his life must have bumped up against the old "natural born" issue and thought about it. Any man running for POTUS who has not vetted himself in 101 poli-sci and who runs and takes people's money to run for POTUS is either insane or criminally very clever.

4. Rubio because he is willing to risk another 8 years of dem fascism in order to try to pull unwilling and stubborn middle Trumpsters to the far far far establishment right where he sits, in some imaginary fantasy dreamland. If he is too dull to realize how this cannot be done, he won't make a good president either.

5. Cheney because he, through his mouthpiece, the Carl Rove machine, is advising the RNC to try to run (yet again) another far right Mitt Romney type for a certain loss, from Cheney's roots raised democrat, supporting LGBT marriage, dodging the draft 5 times during Vietnam and praising Obama's handling of Bin Laden.

It's a weird world out there in politics land...filled with people seemingly incapable of processing raw facts and data and from there inferring an outcome..

Last edited:
Poor Rubio, he blundered during a debate. A week ago he was the rising star of the GOP establishment, and now people are talking about if he stands a chance! I only hope he is not so much distracted by what happened that night and carry on. After all, he's my second pick :/
He's my first. Remember he took a sip of water and the left wing called it a career ender. It's what they do. The race has a long long way to go and Rubio is only a few delegates short of Cruz. Even the Dems are no certainty at this point.
Honestly I think he's a little inexperienced, not because he doesn't have a strong resume, but because of his performance in the debates.
I can smell nervousness from his reactions constantly. He's been around for enough time to overcome this sort of thing, yet he blunders in a debate so badly that it's inexcusable. I mean what kind of person repeats an irrelevant talking point four times, especially when his opponent was accusing him of doing so? Everybody makes mistakes, but it's the characteristics revealed by this and other similar mistakes that make me doubt if he could stand the pressure and perform well as the leader of the free world.
I don't think he does debates well, Trump is a better debater because he's used to the big deal. However I have heard Rubio many times now speak his mind and he's a level headed guy very familiar with the issues. And the only one with foreign policy experience. Debating and bringing people together are not the same skills.

The media focuses on a few seconds and runs it in a loop to paint an image. If they destroy Rubio they simply move to the next one. Trump repeats himself every few seconds but I never see the clips. I have a feeling there's more than what meets the eye this election cycle.
Actually, Rubio is a not-so-bad debater most of the time, and he's a charming guy. The problem I emphasized is that he gets super nervous during those debates. His word may be persuasive often time, but he sweated so much, could't drink enough before a debate, and blundered in an inexplicable way. All of these, by themselves, may not be significant, but the indication that it is difficult for him to stand the pressure is alarming to me. If debating on a stage could be a challenge, what about the big deals that our president ought to make for the country? If an ordinary citizen can smell nervousness from him during a TV event, do you think leaders like Putin or Xi won't take advantage of his weakness? I'm just not confident in his nerves against some of the toughest challenges. And yes, he might be able to unite a lot of people because he is charming and those people are nice, but I bet the world of politics is not all that friendly.
BTW, my comment on Rubio is just what I feel after watching his performance in a number of events on TV. As for the media, they suck!
I think most would agree that obama is a smooth talker and a cool customer live. But his policies suck and the way he goes about them even worse, seriously dividing this country. I would much rather have a guy uncomfortable in front of a camera but determined to unite the country and more interested in increasing prosperity than social pet causes behind his desk.
The reason for Rubio to be my second choice is exactly that! He's promising, and he could grow into a great leader if he's willing to take a little risk and work hard. Of course an inexperienced candidate with largely right principles are better than a seasoned politician with wrong principles. If the campaign is between Rubio and Obama, I'd pick Rubio without hesitation. However, I believe that the GOP field happens to have multiple candidates with pretty good political positions, so it is important to evaluate the candidates based on not only political positions and policy proposals but also leadership and competence, which include the ability to perform well under pressure.

BAH....Rubio got ticked and continued to pound the message home that Hussein isn't only incompetent but purposely so. Did he take it too far? Yeah, probably. Did it hurt him? Yeah, because the MSM was laying in ambush waiting for a chance to pounce on him. He let Christie get the upper hand instead of pivoting back into the slob's face. This won't happen again and you'll see the fighting side of the man tonight. Bush best beware of stepping to him ever again.

State your case.

Of the remaining GOP candidates the only one who does not have "a shot" is Carson. Trump, Cruz, Rubio, and Kasich all have "a shot."

If Rubio can stop talking about Obama in the debates and give some intelligent answers he might come in third. If Bush can stand up against Trump and not look like a kid caught with his hand in the candy jar when Trump tells him to shut up, he just might do well in South Carolina.

I think Carson is still in the race just to suck up some black South Carolina votes that would otherwise go to Cruz. He has so little to say in the debates, he just as well not be their. I respect the guy as a person, but he's a terrible candidate.

State your case.

Of the remaining GOP candidates the only one who does not have "a shot" is Carson. Trump, Cruz, Rubio, and Kasich all have "a shot."
I don't really see Kasich having a chance at all. Just because he did well in a single early state does not translate on a national scale. When talking to people about presidential candidates, no one seems to even know who he is.

State your case.

I don't think so. I watched the clips of Marco Rubio at previous debate and he was a disaster. I also think his inexperience is against him and just all round he's a weak candidate, who unfortunately comes across like a classic puppet.

I don't think so. I watched the clips of Marco Rubio at previous debate and he was a disaster. I also think his inexperience is against him and just all round he's a weak candidate, who unfortunately comes across like a classic puppet.

You're right. Rubio is definitely an overall weak candidate. I wonder if he wouldn't have been smarter if he'd hung back and tried to position himself from the outset as the prime VP pick. Rubio would do much better for himself to take the VP roll to a strong candidate, eventually growing into a Presidential candidate that the people just couldn't resist.

Forum List

Back