Poll: do you think Rubio still has a shot at the nomination?

Do you think Rubio still has a shot at the nomination?

• Yes

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • No

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters
My selection of "Yes" to the question at hand is based on my belief that the first one of these guys that says something that should be taken seriously will have a heck of a shot to win the nomination. I vote March 22 in the primary and hopefully I won't be still waiting.

Domo arigato misuta Robotto
That's goodbye Mr. Robot in Japanese, right?

The Japanese lyrics at the beginning of the song are as follows, from Wiki:

どうもありがとうミスターロボート (dōmo arigatō misutā Robōto)
また会う日まで (mata au hi made)
どうもありがとうミスターロボート (dōmo arigatō misutā Robōto)
秘密を知りたい (himitsu wo shiritai)

The lyrics translate into English as follows:

Thank you very much, Mr. Robot
Until the day (we) meet again
Thank you very much, Mr. Robot
I want to know your secret

Full lyrics to Mr Roboto
Mr. Roboto - Styx

Last edited:
Oh, "thank you" not "goodbye" I've heard the song before yes...just never knew what they were saying. How do you say "Goodbye Robot" in Japanese?

I don't think Rubio has a future. I think you'll see the Establishment money men give Bush another look or maybe Kasich.

But the establishment is looking at the possibility of having to get either Trump or Cruz, neither of whom they want.
When you're speaking of establishment money, you are taking mostly about large cooperation. special interest groups, and individuals who want to be heard by whoever wins. Most of these people really don't have much interest in who get's elected. They just want to influence whoever wins. So, they give a little bit to most all candidates in the beginning and as the field narrows they direct more funds toward the winders. Ideally, by the time the winner is determined, they are an important contributor and thus get a strong voice in the future of the country. A pretty crappy system, but it is what it is until we change it.

Let's dispel once and for all with this fiction that Rubio doesn't know what he's doing.
He knows exactly what he is doing...

That's a recorded response.

Thats not true;
We just need to dispel with this fiction that Rubio doesn't know what he's doing.
He knows exactly what he is doing...
Those of us who know Rubio know that's not the case.

He's a TPM neophyte in way over his head – clearly not qualified to be president.

And republican primary voters will start to realize that as the season progresses.

Poor Rubio, he blundered during a debate. A week ago he was the rising star of the GOP establishment, and now people are talking about if he stands a chance! I only hope he is not so much distracted by what happened that night and carry on. After all, he's my second pick :/
He's my first. Remember he took a sip of water and the left wing called it a career ender. It's what they do. The race has a long long way to go and Rubio is only a few delegates short of Cruz. Even the Dems are no certainty at this point.
Honestly I think he's a little inexperienced, not because he doesn't have a strong resume, but because of his performance in the debates.
I can smell nervousness from his reactions constantly. He's been around for enough time to overcome this sort of thing, yet he blunders in a debate so badly that it's inexcusable. I mean what kind of person repeats an irrelevant talking point four times, especially when his opponent was accusing him of doing so? Everybody makes mistakes, but it's the characteristics revealed by this and other similar mistakes that make me doubt if he could stand the pressure and perform well as the leader of the free world.

Poor Rubio, he blundered during a debate. A week ago he was the rising star of the GOP establishment, and now people are talking about if he stands a chance! I only hope he is not so much distracted by what happened that night and carry on. After all, he's my second pick :/
He's my first. Remember he took a sip of water and the left wing called it a career ender. It's what they do. The race has a long long way to go and Rubio is only a few delegates short of Cruz. Even the Dems are no certainty at this point.
Honestly I think he's a little inexperienced, not because he doesn't have a strong resume, but because of his performance in the debates.
I can smell nervousness from his reactions constantly. He's been around for enough time to overcome this sort of thing, yet he blunders in a debate so badly that it's inexcusable. I mean what kind of person repeats an irrelevant talking point four times, especially when his opponent was accusing him of doing so? Everybody makes mistakes, but it's the characteristics revealed by this and other similar mistakes that make me doubt if he could stand the pressure and perform well as the leader of the free world.
I don't think he does debates well, Trump is a better debater because he's used to the big deal. However I have heard Rubio many times now speak his mind and he's a level headed guy very familiar with the issues. And the only one with foreign policy experience. Debating and bringing people together are not the same skills.

The media focuses on a few seconds and runs it in a loop to paint an image. If they destroy Rubio they simply move to the next one. Trump repeats himself every few seconds but I never see the clips. I have a feeling there's more than what meets the eye this election cycle.

I don't think he does debates well, Trump is a better debater because he's used to the big deal. However I have heard Rubio many times now speak his mind and he's a level headed guy very familiar with the issues. And the only one with foreign policy experience. Debating and bringing people together are not the same skills.

The media focuses on a few seconds and runs it in a loop to paint an image. If they destroy Rubio they simply move to the next one. Trump repeats himself every few seconds but I never see the clips. I have a feeling there's more than what meets the eye this election cycle.
Nonsense.

Spare us the lame rightwing "blame the media" rubbish.

The curtain has been pulled and he's been seen as the weak child that he is.

Face it bub, Rubio is TOAST!

When Rubio decides it's time to confront Trump, the New Yawker's campaign will look like the highway headed north out of Kuwait after Desert Storm... :badgrin:

Corbis-TL014874.jpg

When Rubio decides it's time to confront Trump, the New Yawker's campaign will look like the highway headed north out of Kuwait after Desert Storm... :badgrin:

Yes because the kid who crumbled after five minutes under Christie's direct examination will rise up somehow to defeat a much more tenacious foe that is Trump.

Keep dreaming if it makes you feel better..

Yes because the kid who crumbled after five minutes under Christie's direct examination will rise up somehow to defeat a much more tenacious foe that is Trump.

Keep dreaming if it makes you feel better..

You obviously have no idea about what Rubio is trying to accomplish by not confronting other GOPers on anything but their record. What's Christie up to these days? :lol:

Forum List

Back