POLL: Conservatives & Progressives: What is your goal here?

What is the point of personally attacking the other "side"?

• No real reason, it's just fun, I'm not serious, they're okay

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • They are evil and I want them to hurt in any way possible

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • One day my side will win, so I'm fucking with them now

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I have severe self esteem issues and this provides temporary comfort

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I think I'm supposed to because other members of my tribe do it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mango, big time, seriously, holy shit.

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
Tell me, what is the goal of non-stop attacks on the other side?
don't be fucking with my plan to take over the world baw

e5091996.gif

I have little patience with weasels and hypocrites, and I delight in exposing them and taking them down a peg.

So, what do you think your smarmy holier-than-thou routine accomplishes?
Mac is sitting on a fence made of cake, and trying to have and eat it too.
Fascinating how I've had a few interesting conversations on this thread, and none of them have been with the "progressives".

They've all just tried to make it about me, illustrating the point of my thread perfectly.

The conservatives have tossed out some interesting ideas, even though they know I disagree with them on a majority of issues.

That happens pretty consistently here. There's just something about "progressives", they just don't like being civil.
Mac of both ways, never able to pick one. I know you think that makes you more worthy but - it doesn't.
Okay, fence sitter.

Happens all the time here. The conservatives will engage, the "progressives" do their usual deflect/pivot/attack routine.

Just as we see on this thread.

yep & when they do they get so worked up, there is no longer any point in arguing & time to walk away.....leaving them to babble with themselves.
What amazes me is how consistently they do it, even AFTER I point it out.

I continue to wonder what you think such behavior actually accomplishes.

I have little patience with weasels and hypocrites, and I delight in exposing them and taking them down a peg.

Fascinating how I've had a few interesting conversations on this thread, and none of them have been with the "progressives".

They've all just tried to make it about me, illustrating the point of my thread perfectly.

The conservatives have tossed out some interesting ideas, even though they know I disagree with them on a majority of issues.

That happens pretty consistently here. There's just something about "progressives", they just don't like being civil.
Requires thinking at a higher level than base instinct and raw emotion. Pretty much an evolutionary dead end for progressives.

Mac of both ways, never able to pick one. I know you think that makes you more worthy but - it doesn't.
Okay, fence sitter.

Happens all the time here. The conservatives will engage, the "progressives" do their usual deflect/pivot/attack routine.

I never sit on the fence, Mac. I never need to. Unlike you I pick a side and go to war while you sit and observe.

Hey, Mac, what's your position on child rape? I know, you don't have one, both sides are - wrong.

Okay, fence sitter.

I never sit on the fence, Mac. I never need to. Unlike you I pick a side and go to war while you sit and observe.

Hey, Mac, what's your position on child rape? I know, you don't have one, both sides are - wrong.
I would direct you, again, to the link in my sig, where you'll find that I laid out my positions on about a dozen issues.

I did that for a hardcore RIGHT winger who tried the same lie YOU'RE trying. You wingers are SO similar

But because you are what you are, you'll continue to avoid it.

Your call, fence sitter. I don't care.

Requires thinking at a higher level than base instinct and raw emotion. Pretty much an evolutionary dead end for progressives.
This honest liberal gets it, and about 3:30 he makes an interesting point, that "progressives" don't debate any more. They just toss out names and insults, because it has worked so well for so long.

Okay, fence sitter.

I would direct you, again, to the link in my sig, where you'll find that I laid out my positions on about a dozen issues.

I did that for a hardcore RIGHT winger who tried the same lie YOU'RE trying. You wingers are SO similar

I don't read (or even see) sigs. If you have something to say, Mac in the middle, just say it. That would be a nice fucking change from your wimpy-ass bullshit.

Okay, fence sitter.

I don't read (or even see) sigs. If you have something to say, Mac in the middle, just say it. That would be a nice fucking change from your wimpy-ass bullshit.
My goodness, the leg humping. You keep trying to make this about me.

You really are triggered.

Go find a safe space. The adults are talking.

This honest liberal gets it, and about 3:30 he makes an interesting point, that "progressives" don't debate any more. They just toss out names and insults, because it has worked so well for so long.

I could have a better debate with the dog than most here including you, Mac in the middle.

I could have a better debate with the dog than most here including you, Mac in the middle.

Sounds great, thanks.

Okay, fence sitter.

My goodness, the leg humping. You keep trying to make this about me.

You really are triggered.

Go find a safe space. The adults are talking.
You aren't an adult (but you think you are). Adults can take a stand (and deal with insults).

So a winger from one end shoots a Congressman from the other end, and we on USMB take that serious and thought-provoking occasion to keep right on attacking, mocking & insulting each other. Pretty much immediately.

If I can step outside the box here, I think what Senator Sasse from Nebraska, a Republican, said defines the situation very well:
Ben Sasse

✔@BenSasse

Putin's goals:
*Ds & Rs to see this only thru partisan lenses &
*thus overlook that Russia is today plotting future cyber attacks against us

12:01 PM - 8 Jun 2017
He is spot on.
And this is what Jim Comey stated in his testimony earlier this month, too.

So a winger from one end shoots a Congressman from the other end, and we on USMB take that serious and thought-provoking occasion to keep right on attacking, mocking & insulting each other. Pretty much immediately.

If I can step outside the box here, I think what Senator Sasse from Nebraska, a Republican, said defines the situation very well:
Ben Sasse

✔@BenSasse

Putin's goals:
*Ds & Rs to see this only thru partisan lenses &
*thus overlook that Russia is today plotting future cyber attacks against us

12:01 PM - 8 Jun 2017
He is spot on.
Yeah. It sure would be nice if they could take off those freaking glasses now and then.

Just as we see on this thread..

It's good that you've stopped pretending not to be a GOP shill, and let your seething unhinged hatred of the liberals shine through. You always sucked at that charade. Your "I parrot GOP spin 50% of the time, and talk about how wonderful I am 50% of the time, therefore I'm independent!" thing never fooled anyone.

We have learned from this thread what really drives you, which is your need for self-esteem boosts (along with your need to rage at liberals). After all, I don't recall anyone else making one of these "I am so wonderful, unlike all the lesser mortals" threads, and then keeping it going for so long. Suckups, make sure you keep giving Mac all the attention and ego-stroking that he desperately craves.

Just as we see on this thread..

It's good that you've stopped pretending not to be a GOP shill, and let your seething unhinged hatred of the liberals shine through. You always sucked at that charade. Your "I parrot GOP spin 50% of the time, and talk about how wonderful I am 50% of the time, therefore I'm independent!" thing never fooled anyone.

We have learned from this thread what really drives you, which is your need for self-esteem boosts (along with your need to rage at liberals). After all, I don't recall anyone else making one of these "I am so wonderful, unlike all the lesser mortals" threads, and then keeping it going for so long. Suckups, make sure you keep giving Mac all the attention and ego-stroking that he desperately craves.
Wow, good stuff. You were triggered by my little thread and you've gone full tilt drama queen on me. Again.

I love the way you make it about me, and then bitch that I make stuff about me.

You folks just HAVE to jump in and illustrate my points for me. Thanks, as always.

And who is it that are the trend setters in sports? How about ESPN and this guy, can't get anymore left and anti American than this jackass...

ESPN Host Accuses NFL Of Being Political… The Reason Why Is Insane

And who is it that runs the entertainment industry? Again, the left, who also is responsible for pop culture, and it is ever increasingly, non stop, always pushing the boundaries of liberalism, immorality, hate whitey, anything illegal or perverted is good, and anti Americanism. Then top that off with a massive democrat propaganda trash machine pumping out their lies and bile around the clock on numerous channels and types of media, and the cherry on the cake is always a ripe bloody head of our president being held up ISIS style by some leftist whore, or our president being stabbed in efigy nightly in a bloody knife fest by leftist, and if after all that you still can't understand why NORMAL, patriotic, fly over country Americans that love their country have had a belly full of this trash, then you, Mac, seriously need a wake up call.
I actually don't disagree with that for the most part. I'm the guy who started the thread "The Left has completely lost its shit". But the Right has its own faults, and if it thinks it can somehow "beat" the Left, it needs a wakeup call too. Neither the Right nor the Left represent this country. There are more people who don't belong to either tribe.
I disagree again. I think the right does represent what is best about America... patriotism, love of country, tell the truth, obey the law, have some morals, be of good character... all tenets of the conservative ideology.

The left is just the opposite of all that, and it's un-American. The left identifies more now with illegal aliens and fanatical muslims from half way around world than they do legal American citizens.
By "represent", I mean our current opinions.

My assumption is that, you feel if you can win enough elections and implement enough of your policies, the resulting success would change hearts & minds on the issues in your favor - is that fair?
Well wouldn't you say the conservatives have been winning quite a few elections since 2010? The left has lost over a thousand seats of power.

But no, all this winning hasn't changed any leftists minds. In fact quite the opposite is true, it's just triggered them into some type of frenzied melt down. They were having an absolute shit fit that Trump and his supporters wouldn't accept the outcome of the election, providing Hitlery won, but look at them now. Their hypocrisy is epic and mind numbing.
The election was stolen. The majority did not get their way. There is no other rational way to look at it, Snowflakes, so start dealing with the fact that the majority hates this asshole in the Oval Office (a day here or there) and did not want him or his host of criminals running the place. What can be done to undo him (he's pretty good at it himself) will be done. Count on it.
the election wasnt stolen....it was lost by one hillary clinton....next time run someone who at least has likability factor on the positive side and doesnt have the baggage and taint she had........

I actually don't disagree with that for the most part. I'm the guy who started the thread "The Left has completely lost its shit". But the Right has its own faults, and if it thinks it can somehow "beat" the Left, it needs a wakeup call too. Neither the Right nor the Left represent this country. There are more people who don't belong to either tribe.
I disagree again. I think the right does represent what is best about America... patriotism, love of country, tell the truth, obey the law, have some morals, be of good character... all tenets of the conservative ideology.

The left is just the opposite of all that, and it's un-American. The left identifies more now with illegal aliens and fanatical muslims from half way around world than they do legal American citizens.

My assumption is that, you feel if you can win enough elections and implement enough of your policies, the resulting success would change hearts & minds on the issues in your favor - is that fair?
Well wouldn't you say the conservatives have been winning quite a few elections since 2010? The left has lost over a thousand seats of power.

But no, all this winning hasn't changed any leftists minds. In fact quite the opposite is true, it's just triggered them into some type of frenzied melt down. They were having an absolute shit fit that Trump and his supporters wouldn't accept the outcome of the election, providing Hitlery won, but look at them now. Their hypocrisy is epic and mind numbing.
The election was stolen. The majority did not get their way. There is no other rational way to look at it, Snowflakes, so start dealing with the fact that the majority hates this asshole in the Oval Office (a day here or there) and did not want him or his host of criminals running the place. What can be done to undo him (he's pretty good at it himself) will be done. Count on it.
the election wasnt stolen....it was lost by one hillary clinton....next time run someone who at least has likability factor on the positive side and doesnt have the baggage and taint she had........
When you get the most votes - you didn't lose. Do try again.

To post in the Flame Zone and laugh.

Upstairs is mostly a wasteland of partisans more interested in reinforcing their tribalism and calling the other side names rather than engaging in any serious discussion.

Very true.

You've been around this board long enough to know that it wasn't always as bad as it is now. I'm not sure when everything went to shit... Might have been around W's second term... Or maybe when the board was sold?
its when the board was sold......

When you get the most votes - you didn't lose. Do try again.
why isnt she president then?.....did she win or lose?....you try again....

Forum List

Back