POLL: Conservatives & Progressives: What is your goal here?

What is the point of personally attacking the other "side"?

• No real reason, it's just fun, I'm not serious, they're okay

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • They are evil and I want them to hurt in any way possible

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • One day my side will win, so I'm fucking with them now

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I have severe self esteem issues and this provides temporary comfort

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I think I'm supposed to because other members of my tribe do it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mango, big time, seriously, holy shit.

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
By "represent", I mean our current opinions.

My assumption is that, you feel if you can win enough elections and implement enough of your policies, the resulting success would change hearts & minds on the issues in your favor - is that fair?
Well wouldn't you say the conservatives have been winning quite a few elections since 2010? The left has lost over a thousand seats of power.

But no, all this winning hasn't changed any leftists minds. In fact quite the opposite is true, it's just triggered them into some type of frenzied melt down. They were having an absolute shit fit that Trump and his supporters wouldn't accept the outcome of the election, providing Hitlery won, but look at them now. Their hypocrisy is epic and mind numbing.
The election was stolen. The majority did not get their way. There is no other rational way to look at it, Snowflakes, so start dealing with the fact that the majority hates this asshole in the Oval Office (a day here or there) and did not want him or his host of criminals running the place. What can be done to undo him (he's pretty good at it himself) will be done. Count on it.
the election wasnt stolen....it was lost by one hillary clinton....next time run someone who at least has likability factor on the positive side and doesnt have the baggage and taint she had........
When you get the most votes - you didn't lose. Do try again.
why isnt she president then?.....did she win or lose?....you try again....
She won, she got the most votes, but Trump was appointed by the EC anyway. Very undemocratic.

I disagree again. I think the right does represent what is best about America... patriotism, love of country, tell the truth, obey the law, have some morals, be of good character... all tenets of the conservative ideology.

The left is just the opposite of all that, and it's un-American. The left identifies more now with illegal aliens and fanatical muslims from half way around world than they do legal American citizens.

My assumption is that, you feel if you can win enough elections and implement enough of your policies, the resulting success would change hearts & minds on the issues in your favor - is that fair?
Well wouldn't you say the conservatives have been winning quite a few elections since 2010? The left has lost over a thousand seats of power.

But no, all this winning hasn't changed any leftists minds. In fact quite the opposite is true, it's just triggered them into some type of frenzied melt down. They were having an absolute shit fit that Trump and his supporters wouldn't accept the outcome of the election, providing Hitlery won, but look at them now. Their hypocrisy is epic and mind numbing.
The election was stolen. The majority did not get their way. There is no other rational way to look at it, Snowflakes, so start dealing with the fact that the majority hates this asshole in the Oval Office (a day here or there) and did not want him or his host of criminals running the place. What can be done to undo him (he's pretty good at it himself) will be done. Count on it.
the election wasnt stolen....it was lost by one hillary clinton....next time run someone who at least has likability factor on the positive side and doesnt have the baggage and taint she had........

it's apparent she didn't get the most votes..........or she'd be President.

A Presidential election is not based on popularity contest and has been for over 200 years..

it's apparent she didn't get the most votes..........or she'd be President.

A Presidential election is not based on popularity contest and has been for over 200 years..
Work on your logic, that ain't even close.

So a winger from one end shoots a Congressman from the other end, and we on USMB take that serious and thought-provoking occasion to keep right on attacking, mocking & insulting each other. Pretty much immediately.

Tell me, what is the goal of non-stop attacks on the other side?

Maybe that we really think a great injustice was done when Trump Stole the election, and we think that he's going to get people killed? You know that kind of stuff.

Crazy people shoot other people every day. It's part of the cost of making gun ownership a "right". I can't get worked up that some guy who spent his entire political career giving crazy people access to guns got shot by a crazy person with a gun.

She won, she got the most votes, but Trump was appointed by the EC anyway. Very undemocratic.
maybe you should learn how our elections work....and if you dont like it....change it.....and next time pick a more likable person....

Not true and you know it.......or if you don't then learn it. A President is voted into office by the Electoral vote, that is based on the voters in their state/district........always has been & always will be.

[You folks just HAVE to jump in and illustrate my points for me. Thanks, as always..

You've got that PeeWee act down. "I know you are, but what am I?". I can see why you do it. It allows you to avoid all discussion of your hypocrisy, your smarmy holier-than-thou act, and your need for constant ego-stroking.

Did you really think you're the first passive-aggressive conservative weasel that we've ever seen? Your schtick is old and tired. Gutlessness in the service of self-aggrandizement is no virtue.

maybe you should learn how our elections work....and if you dont like it....change it.....and next time pick a more likable person....

I'm not sure blaming the system really gets us off the h ook here, Harry.

I think most sensible people voted against Trump. That should have kept him out of the White HOuse. The system failed. NOw we are all going to pay a price for that.

Mac is sitting on a fence made of cake, and trying to have and eat it too.
Fascinating how I've had a few interesting conversations on this thread, and none of them have been with the "progressives".

They've all just tried to make it about me, illustrating the point of my thread perfectly.

The conservatives have tossed out some interesting ideas, even though they know I disagree with them on a majority of issues.

That happens pretty consistently here. There's just something about "progressives", they just don't like being civil.
Requires thinking at a higher level than base instinct and raw emotion. Pretty much an evolutionary dead end for progressives.
This honest liberal gets it, and about 3:30 he makes an interesting point, that "progressives" don't debate any more. They just toss out names and insults, because it has worked so well for so long.

I could have a better debate with the dog than most here including you, Mac in the middle.

Sounds great, thanks.

Here you go Mac, use this...

dontlikeMe.jpg

That's one reason why I attract so much blind sputtering hatred from the conservatives here

With a head that big, how do you fit thru a doorway?

As Mac1958 said or referred earlier, it's because of your own lack of substance to a conversation or debate without name calling, insults & personal attacks

You've got that PeeWee act down. "I know you are, but what am I?". I can see why you do it. It allows you to avoid all discussion of your hypocrisy, your smarmy holier-than-thou act, and your need for constant ego-stroking.

Did you really think you're the first passive-aggressive conservative weasel that we've ever seen? Your schtick is old and tired. Gutlessness in the service of self-aggrandizement is no virtue.

0512323e31fab8680888099d4a5f88af0b0cba-wm.jpg

don't expect Mac to honestly debate an issue, ever. He will tell you that he is superior because you have an opinion that contradicts his.

That's one reason why I attract so much blind sputtering hatred from the conservatives here

As Mac1958 said or referred earlier, it's because of your own lack of substance to a conversation or debate without name calling, insults & personal attacks
And that's why they're so upset with me. Again.

They see themselves in the OP, and they don't like what they see. Can't blame them.

So, they do what comes naturally, as always: They don't like the subject matter, they want to change the subject, so they resort to their standard deflect/pivot/attack strategy and make it about me.

Last edited:

They see themselves in the OP, and they don't like what they see. Can't blame them.

So, they do what comes naturally, as always: They don't like the subject matter, they want to change the subject, so they resort to their standard deflect/pivot/attack strategy and make it about me.

I assure you......you are not alone in that fight. :badgrin:

Of course he isn't. You conservatives always form your little little mobs to help each other deflect. You have to, because none of you can face a liberal in an honest discussion. Intellectual cowardice is the defining trait of the modern conservative, along with butthurt.

TTFN. I'm off to carve some notches.

Of course he isn't. You conservatives always form your little little mobs to help each other deflect. You have to, because none of you can face a liberal in an honest discussion. Intellectual cowardice is the defining trait of the modern conservative, along with butthurt.

TTFN. I'm off to carve some notches.

Really??? I seem to remember we've (you & I) had some of those 'discussions' and you've always been the one to deflect the issue, calling names like a 6 yo, and hurling insults in a panic.........just before you ran off in silence because I used your own words against you and that was just a few days ago......similar to post #170 here. Where you were telling Mac1958 how he was being what? 'High &mighty and self important'??? Or something to that same effect.

Anytime you want to have an HONEST DISCUSSION.......without the petty chit.....and I do mean a RESPECTFUL discussion or debate, you just let me
know. :2up:

I think the goal is to see who is first to get the carotid artery of the other side to burst. Preferably in flames.

Guy, seriously, if we got you and Trump in the same room, your collective narcissism would short out the power grid.

I'm not sure blaming the system really gets us off the h ook here, Harry.

I think most sensible people voted against Trump. That should have kept him out of the White HOuse. The system failed. NOw we are all going to pay a price for that.
im not blaming the system Joe,you are....the system worked the way it has for 200 years ....i can accept who ever wins,and just do what i can to survive the guys term,like most sensible people will....we survived bush we survived obama.....we will survive trump.....

We are not a Democracy, we are a Republic.

You and I get into an argument about who the best pool player is, so we agree to a game of 8-ball to determine who is right.

I break, and get two solids in and a stripe. Because of the placement of the striped balls, I choose stripes.

As I knock my balls into the pocket, I accidentally knock in another solid ball. I miss the eighth ball and it's your turn. You knock in all the solid balls and then the eight ball to win the game. But I protest saying I am the better player because I knocked in more balls than you did. Would you agree with that?

Of course not. We were not playing to see who could knock the most balls in, we were playing to see who could knock the most selected balls in.

If we had a popular vote race, Trump would have spent much more time in blue states to get every last vote. But he chose red and swing states to capture the most electoral votes. You can't say Hillary won anything because neither were after popular votes. They both played by the same rules, after the same goals, and Hil-Liar lost.

I have little patience with weasels and hypocrites, and I delight in exposing them and taking them down a peg.

So, what do you think your smarmy holier-than-thou routine accomplishes?
Mac is sitting on a fence made of cake, and trying to have and eat it too.
Fascinating how I've had a few interesting conversations on this thread, and none of them have been with the "progressives".

They've all just tried to make it about me, illustrating the point of my thread perfectly.

The conservatives have tossed out some interesting ideas, even though they know I disagree with them on a majority of issues.

That happens pretty consistently here. There's just something about "progressives", they just don't like being civil.
Requires thinking at a higher level than base instinct and raw emotion. Pretty much an evolutionary dead end for progressives.
This honest liberal gets it, and about 3:30 he makes an interesting point, that "progressives" don't debate any more. They just toss out names and insults, because it has worked so well for so long.

I could have a better debate with the dog than most here including you, Mac in the middle.

Typical lefty, a legend in your own mind.

Forum List

Back