POLL: Conservatives & Progressives: What is your goal here?

What is the point of personally attacking the other "side"?

• No real reason, it's just fun, I'm not serious, they're okay

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • They are evil and I want them to hurt in any way possible

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • One day my side will win, so I'm fucking with them now

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I have severe self esteem issues and this provides temporary comfort

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I think I'm supposed to because other members of my tribe do it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mango, big time, seriously, holy shit.

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
So a winger from one end shoots a Congressman from the other end, and we on USMB take that serious and thought-provoking occasion to keep right on attacking, mocking & insulting each other. Pretty much immediately.

Tell me, what is the goal of non-stop attacks on the other side?

To post in the Flame Zone and laugh.

Upstairs is mostly a wasteland of partisans more interested in reinforcing their tribalism and calling the other side names rather than engaging in any serious discussion.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
To post in the Flame Zone and laugh.

Upstairs is mostly a wasteland of partisans more interested in reinforcing their tribalism and calling the other side names rather than engaging in any serious discussion.
that's what i was going to say.

I voted the first option. Not sure about Mac tho, may need to truly consider being angry with him. If I can think of a reason I'll let ya know.

There are a couple posters who I fear for their well being tho, as well as others around them. On both sides. This forum has some real doosies for members, me excluded of course!

"Tell me, what is the goal of non-stop attacks on the other side?"

Damned if I know. You learn nothing, teach nothing, get nothing, give nothing. You are however perpetuating the problem, however miniscule a post on a forum on the internet is. It's one thing to point out the errors or falacies of the other side, but it doesn't have to be an attack on somebody or their viewpoint.

I voted the first option. Not sure about Mac tho, may need to truly consider being angry with him. If I can think of a reason I'll let ya know.
You put up with my shit pretty well, so I'll forgive ya.
I have never seen you "give shit"

You're one of the few civil posters on here. Only problem is you voted for Hillary so.....

Well Mac, seeing as how you called a pretty decent conservative politician a "winger, " and lumped him in as though he's the same kind of SHIT that the shooter was is... well... stupid.

To post in the Flame Zone and laugh. Upstairs is mostly a wasteland of partisans more interested in engaging in tribalism and calling the other side names rather than any serious discussion.
Damn.

Okay, fair point there.
you're right just today i heard a democrat say "One day my side will win, and I have severe self esteem issues and this provides temporary comfort".

So a winger from one end shoots a Congressman from the other end, and we on USMB take that serious and thought-provoking occasion to keep right on attacking, mocking & insulting each other. Pretty much immediately.

I want the left neutered. Nothing good comes from them.

Goals?

Learn. Learn how the right is planning to attack American democracy and human decency today, the better to counter it. Learn from other liberals, to become a more effective freedom advocate.

Also, spread learning in return, to other liberals. Sadly, truth and education is wasted on most conservatives, pearls before swine.

Also, shame the most immoral and treasonous of the conservatives, to discourage them from taking their immorality and treason further. It doesn't always work, because a person without a conscience can't feel shame. However, some of the conservatives here do still have a vestigial conscience, which can be pricked.

I hate them, truly hate the left. they display every single trait of evil, falseness, corruption, insanity, control of others, ignorance, sociopathy, and immaturity. By "evil" I mean that the majority of the few that are not as stupid as the others, know full well that what they are doing is wrong but don't care.

I don't think that your title and OP meant "What is your goal here" in the general sense, but many have taken it that way so I'll explain my goal:

I come here to get the news, to converse with my fellow conservatives, and to see what fucked up nonsense the let is spouting to day so I can go on FaceBook and warn people.

I can usually count on any national or world news item being posted here before it comes on the TV or radio. that part I very much like.

Goals?

Learn. Learn how the right is planning to attack American democracy and human decency today, the better to counter it. Learn from other liberals, to become a more effective freedom advocate.

Also, spread learning in return, to other liberals. Sadly, truth and education is wasted on most conservatives, pearls before swine.

Also, shame the most immoral and treasonous of the conservatives, to discourage them from taking their immorality and treason further. It doesn't always work, because a person without a conscience can't feel shame. However, some of the conservatives here do still have a vestigial conscience, which can be pricked.
What was the goal of this post?

I wonder if this Mac person has any principles. Always ranting on about partisan this that and the other. I take it you believe in the "golden middle" road?

To make your point. You are so above it.

So a winger from one end shoots a Congressman from the other end, and we on USMB take that serious and thought-provoking occasion to keep right on attacking, mocking & insulting each other. Pretty much immediately. Tell me, what is the goal of non-stop attacks on the other side?.
To make your point. You are so above it.
Above what?

Forum List

Back