CDZ POLL: Are you proud of your party right now?

Are you proud of your party right now?

• Total voters
The most important step towards this, imo, is to stop the widespread acceptance of false accusations of racism.

NOTHING is more divisive and corrosive to any attempts to build bridges.
Well, the Left drastically overstates actual racism and the Right drastically understates it.

So I'd think that would be the first area of focus, but I doubt that will happen any time soon.
---------------------------------- and a FOCUS on Racism . What racism is that ?? As I told IM2 , violence motivated by Racism is already ILLEGAL so it seems to me that A focus on racism has already been done . What more can or should be done about Racism Gents . [IM2 Disappeared without answering my question]
Both ends of the issue have to stop pointing the finger at the other and clean their own house.

That would be the start we need.
--------------------------------------- no way that I am going to work with the assumed by me to be black racists on this board . I mean , read their posts and reasoning , read what they say . They want surrender . I think that you know WHO I mean without me mentioning names Best I do with those boneheads is to leave them alone as I have done for the last close to 65 years when I first became aware of them in 'kindergarden' . Working with them requires too much azz kissing , reparations and kowtowing and as I said , they want surrender Mac .
I don't expect you to work with them. There will be people who simply will not be part of fixing things.

The key will be in marginalizing them enough so that those who CAN have the chance to do so.
------------------------------ that'd be the azz kissing contingent eh Mac ???

Well, the Left drastically overstates actual racism and the Right drastically understates it.

So I'd think that would be the first area of focus, but I doubt that will happen any time soon.
---------------------------------- and a FOCUS on Racism . What racism is that ?? As I told IM2 , violence motivated by Racism is already ILLEGAL so it seems to me that A focus on racism has already been done . What more can or should be done about Racism Gents . [IM2 Disappeared without answering my question]
Both ends of the issue have to stop pointing the finger at the other and clean their own house.

--------------------------------------- no way that I am going to work with the assumed by me to be black racists on this board . I mean , read their posts and reasoning , read what they say . They want surrender . I think that you know WHO I mean without me mentioning names Best I do with those boneheads is to leave them alone as I have done for the last close to 65 years when I first became aware of them in 'kindergarden' . Working with them requires too much azz kissing , reparations and kowtowing and as I said , they want surrender Mac .
I don't expect you to work with them. There will be people who simply will not be part of fixing things.

The key will be in marginalizing them enough so that those who CAN have the chance to do so.
------------------------------ that'd be the azz kissing contingent eh Mac ???
However you want to characterize it.

Some people have the capacity for collaboration and innovation, some people don't.

I'm not holding my breath on that second group any more.

but , wasn't it mentioned in THIS THREAD about splitting up the USA into 2 or more countries . If it was this thread , what would be wrong with that solution MAC ?? That way there would be room for the racists and a place for Real Americans and what would it hurt . -------- asked for informational purpose , might be off topic but dividing the USA was mentioned in this thread I think Mac .

Simple, clear, direct question: Are you proud of your party right now?

I was going to list some of things being said and done by both parties right now, but I really don't think I need to.

In all seriousness, are you proud of your party's general behaviors right now?

Independents/Moderates, please vote and comment too.

I vote No, I don't see or understand what this stuff is supposed to accomplish for the long run.

"Proud"? "feeling deep pleasure or satisfaction as a result of one's own achievements, qualities, or possessions or those of someone with whom one is closely associated."

Political Parties are not easily defined by day to day activities, talking points or misdeeds by individual Pols.

One needs to look at the party platforms, usually updated in the year before a general election, and then see what they wrote compares to what they do.

Party Platform - Democrats

https://prod-cdn-static.gop.com/media/documents/DRAFT_12_FINAL[1]-ben_1468872234.pdf

2018 Platform

I was going to list some of things being said and done by both parties right now, but I really don't think I need to.

I vote No, I don't see or understand what this stuff is supposed to accomplish for the long run.

"Proud"? "feeling deep pleasure or satisfaction as a result of one's own achievements, qualities, or possessions or those of someone with whom one is closely associated."

Political Parties are not easily defined by day to day activities, talking points or misdeeds by individual Pols.

One needs to look at the party platforms, usually updated in the year before a general election, and then see what they wrote compares to what they do.

https://prod-cdn-static.gop.com/media/documents/DRAFT_12_FINAL[1]-ben_1468872234.pdf

2018 Platform
I'm talking about actual behaviors and actions, that's all.

2018 Platform

Once again, individuals are different. My member of Congress is a great guy, I've played softball with him when he was a member of the city council, he's honest, liberal, very bright and pragmatic; AOC is very bright, not pragmatic but disarmingly honest; Speaker Pelosi is a fine leader, a terrible public speaker but a real Christian who puts people first.

2018 Platform

Once again, individuals are different. My member of Congress is a great guy, I've played softball with him when he was a member of the city council, he's honest, liberal, very bright and pragmatic; AOC is very bright, not pragmatic but disarmingly honest; Speaker Pelosi is a fine leader, a terrible public speaker but a real Christian who puts people first.
Great, thanks.

The most important step towards this, imo, is to stop the widespread acceptance of false accusations of racism.

NOTHING is more divisive and corrosive to any attempts to build bridges.

YOu cannot work with someone who is convinced that you are a racist and thus has the goal of harming them.

I don’t have a party, they left me.

I think that the media does have access or some access to GOV controlled invader housing

No, they don't.

So let's bring in an CNN news team into one of these facilities, have them interview some of the people there. Sounds reasonable to me.
Why would you bring a fake news team in that only idiots believe. WTF is wrong with you?

YOu cannot work with someone who is convinced that you are a racist and thus has the goal of harming them.
I don't expect you to do anything other than what you're doing.

I don’t have a party, they left me.
I know what that's like.

I think that the media does have access or some access to GOV controlled invader housing

No, they don't.

So let's bring in an CNN news team into one of these facilities, have them interview some of the people there. Sounds reasonable to me.
------------------------------------------------ I wouldn't take Whining and Crying , sniveling interviews with adult or widdle baby interviewees seriously anyway because they would say whatever serves their purposes as they LIE and claim to be forced to drink out of toilets . I have seen the pictures of the PENNED up invaders and conditions don't look bad to me . As an example , here in the USA its quite common to put widdle babies in whats called PLAYPENS which is an Open Top 'holding cell . And I see nor do I hear of STARVATION in any of the facilities where the Holding Pens are located . In fact many of the invaders are whats known as GORDITA if I have the 'lingo' correct JoeB .

And a stalled subway train is a Concentration Tube then... :rolleyes: THIS is why there's no rational chance at SOLVING anything anymore...

You are being disingenuous now, buddy. If these detention centers were such wonderful places, why not let the press in to see what is going on there?

Why don't we focus on FIXING immigration surges that this govt simply cannot handle.. NO ONE should be proud of EITHER "brand name" party given the spin and deceptive rhetoric on immigration we've had to suffer thru while a RAGING CRISIS due to "refugees" -- not immigrants -- was taking place.. Glad to see you've abandoned the tribe's position that is "no crisis"... Now get CONSTRUCTIVE about it.. In some other thread...

"Are you proud of your party right now?"

Absolutely not. That is why I have voted against them in the last two elections. In fact, if I had the power I would force them to change the name of the Party because it no longer honestly represents itself.

And a stalled subway train is a Concentration Tube then... :rolleyes: THIS is why there's no rational chance at SOLVING anything anymore...

You are being disingenuous now, buddy. If these detention centers were such wonderful places, why not let the press in to see what is going on there?
---------------------------------------- I think that the media does have access or some access to GOV controlled invader housing . Course , most of the press is not realistic with their thinking on housing these widdle invaders . As I have said , these widdle invaders have never had it as good as they now have it . Fed , clothed , games and toys to play with , free medical , entertainment , tv , movies , snacks and probably dental care and all at MY expense JoeB .

And when OFFERED access, many of the "see no evil, hear no evil" "there's no crisis" mental morons REFUSED to talk with the dedicated people trying to make the best of it without support from Congress... MANY of them...

You can't... Because you don't know the meaning of concentration camp... Just sayin... People are not dying to get INTO concentration camps. And the concentration camps are not trying to send people BACK OUT....

Gawd... Assuming you know the difference between a concentration camp (as invented by the Brits) and a Nazi extermination camp: No one is dying to get into American concentration camps, they are risking their lives to escape death. And, occasionally, concentration camps were trying to send people back out (as soldiers) into war zones - which isn't all that different from sending families back into the Triangle of Death.

But, I am assuming that Steven Miller appreciates your assist. He, also, is terribly outraged the concentration camps he helped organize are actually called by their rightful name.

Last edited:
I wouldn't take Whining and Crying , sniveling interviews with adult or widdle baby interviewees seriously anyway because they would say whatever serves their purposes as they LIE and claim to be forced to drink out of toilets .

I'd believe them before I would believe anything Trump or anyone associated with him says.

And when OFFERED access, many of the "see no evil, hear no evil" "there's no crisis" mental morons REFUSED to talk with the dedicated people trying to make the best of it without support from Congress... MANY of them...

Right, you mean THESE guys?

Inside the Secret Border Patrol Facebook Group Where Agents Joke About Migrant Deaths and Post Sexist Memes — ProPublica

Members of a secret Facebook group for current and former Border Patrol agents joked about the deaths of migrants, discussed throwing burritos at Latino members of Congress visiting a detention facility in Texas on Monday and posted a vulgar illustration depicting Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez engaged in oral sex with a detained migrant, according to screenshots of their postings.

In one exchange, group members responded with indifference and wisecracks to the post of a news story about a 16-year-old Guatemalan migrant who died in May while in custody at a Border Patrol station in Weslaco, Texas. One member posted a GIF of Elmo with the quote, “Oh well.” Another responded with an image and the words “If he dies, he dies.”

Why don't we focus on FIXING immigration surges that this govt simply cannot handle.. NO ONE should be proud of EITHER "brand name" party given the spin and deceptive rhetoric on immigration we've had to suffer thru while a RAGING CRISIS due to "refugees" -- not immigrants -- was taking place.. Glad to see you've abandoned the tribe's position that is "no crisis"... Now get CONSTRUCTIVE about it.. In some other thread...

Actually, what we were doing before Trump got there worked just fine. Immigrants who were just immigrants were caught and sent back. Refugees were given a court date and released to relatives or friends, and 93% of them showed up for their hearings.

So, yeah, there is a "Crisis", entirely manufactured by Trump.

Not that the democrats are my party, but if anything, they aren't making enough of a stink about this. we have a madman in the White House, and both parties are trying to act like things are "normal'.

Forum List

Back