POLL: 77% Say Gas Most Important Factor In Election...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
gas_prices-lol-omg-wtf.jpg

Gas Prices Now A Big Factor In Presidential Election.

It might be one of the biggest issues in the upcoming presidential election. Last night, CBS News exit polls found 77 percent of those voting in seven Super Tuesday states say rising gas prices were an important factor in their vote.

The poll reflects growing consumer anxiety as gas prices have risen nearly 50 cents a gallon in just over two months.

Consumers have been telling us they are cutting corners because for most driving is a necessity.

In Minnesota the average price is 3-58. The current national average for a gallon of regular is 3-76, but some analysts are predicting that gas could rise to $5 by the summer.

When you are an independent contractor like Tod Matthison, driving 200 to 300 miles a day, rising gas prices mean a smaller paycheck

“I average five hundred to eight hundred dollars a month in gas expense so it really cut into our overhead,” said

Matthison says he would like to cut back, but he can’t

“It’s scary, but what do you do? I have been doing this for 20, 25 years,” said Matthison.

Voters in Super Tuesday contests say gas prices were the most critical factor in their vote. The candidate who made the most dramatic promise to lower gas prices was Newt Gingrich, who said his plan that emphasizes expanded drilling would make gas $2.50 a gallon.

Read More:
Gas Prices Now A Big Factor In Presidential Election « CBS Minnesota
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

I thought unemployment would be first.
The debt this country owes should be first...
The interest on the debt should be right up there as well.
But I don't think most people even know about it.
The Obama camp and their support staff the media don't talk about it all that much
because Obama is President.If Bush were still in office the Keith Olberdouche like hosts
would be all over it every night.

So in other words, 77% of people who are not voting for the president under any circumstances say that.

I think when he looked in the camera and said "deal with it it's not coming down" the tide turned... so inflate your tires boys and drive us to the polls. :lol::lol:

http://cache.blippitt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/gas_prices-lol-omg-wtf.jpg/IMG]

Gas Prices Now A Big Factor In Presidential Election.
...[/quote]
by the time November comes round, gas prices may be the last thing on people's minds.

stop thinking pols measure static relationships and you just may end up looking smahtah than you actually are.:eusa_shhh:

I thought unemployment would be first.
The debt this country owes should be first...
The interest on the debt should be right up there as well.
But I don't think most people even know about it.
The Obama camp and their support staff the media don't talk about it all that much
because Obama is President.If Bush were still in office the Keith Olberdouche like hosts
would be all over it every night.

There are quite a few issues that are tied for first this election.

You also have to wonder how many of those republican primary voters who are so concerned with gas prices are also gung ho about attacking Iran, seeing as how the constant drumbeat from the right to attack is the very reason speculators have driven the price of oil up.

Actually it's the economy:

February 29, 2012
Economy Is Paramount Issue to U.S. Voters
Social issues, immigration are less important
by Jeffrey M. Jones
PRINCETON, NJ -- More than 9 in 10 U.S. registered voters say the economy is extremely (45%) or very important (47%) to their vote in this year's presidential election. Unemployment, the federal budget deficit, and the 2010 healthcare law also rank near the top of the list of nine issues tested in a Feb. 16-19 USA Today/Gallup poll. Voters rate social issues such as abortion and gay marriage as the least important.

MORE

I have gas and this election solves nothing. Supply and demand on underpants wins the day/

You also have to wonder how many of those republican primary voters who are so concerned with gas prices are also gung ho about attacking Iran, seeing as how the constant drumbeat from the right to attack is the very reason speculators have driven the price of oil up.

I would estimate that only a minuscule number of republican primary voters favor a military attack on Iran. To keep the whole thing from spinning up to that level they mostly don't want the military option taken off the table. To do so is to show weakness in the face of confrontation. In international confrontations showing weakness is a provocation.

The weakness shown by the US as a world leader to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons has encouraged Iran. If the US said to Iran that it will under no circumstances attack Iran militarily, it would have 50% of what it needs. If the US said under no circumstances would it allow Israel attack Iran militarily, they would have 100% of what they need.

Last edited:
Iran Threatens World Oil Supply...
:mad:
Iran threatens Hormuz and world oil supply after trade links cutoff
March 18, 2012, Intelligence Minister Ali Falahian, Iran’s senior spokesman on sanctions, said Sunday, March 18, that if the US and Europe think they can ignore international law to promote their interests, they should know that Iran will respond in kind everywhere it can.
“I suggest that the West take seriously our threat to close the Strait of Hormuz,” he said in Tehran’s first response to the SWIFT decision to sever ties with Iranian banks to enforce European sanctions on its nuclear program. A large fleet of 4 US and French nuclear aircraft carriers and a dozen or more minesweepers and mine-hunting helicopters have piled up on both sides of the Strait of Hormuz, through which 17 percent of the world’s daily oil supply passes, and Israeli naval vessels have deployed in the Red Sea. debkafile’s military and intelligence sources estimate Tehran may make good on its threats by trying to drop sea mines in the strategic strait and/or the approaches to the huge Saudi Ras Tanura oil export terminal. A small explosion by an unknown hand hit a major Saudi pipeline between Awamiya and Safwa on March 1. The damage was not great because the saboteurs used a small quantity of explosive but it appeared to be the work of professionals.

While Saudi officials denied the incident, photos of a large fire appeared on the Internet. Gulf oil sources suspect that it was a warning from Tehran of the hazards facing the world’s largest oil exporter. The SWIFT cutoff of ties with Iranian banks has gone a long way toward isolating Iran from global commerce. It will affect Iranian oil sales to its biggest customers in the Far East, China and Japan, as well as India. The economic noose tightening around its neck is bound to produce a response from Iran, it is estimated in Washington and European capitals. The US-led European sanctions on Iranian oil world trade were boosted in recent weeks by the United Arab Emirates which stopped handling Iranian rials, further reducing its ability to trade and obtain hard currency. After its foremost ally, Bashar Assad, proved his ability to survive - largely with abundant Iranian help - Tehran is unlikely to let this achievement be marred by a US and European economic stranglehold. The ordinary Iranian may care about his government’s international standing but he cares a lot more about the fast depreciating value of the money in his pocket and his financial assets.

Anticipating that Iran may kick back hard against the tough penalties building up against its nuclear program, three US aircraft carriers are standing by in the Persian Gulf – The USS Abraham Lincoln, the USS Carl Vinson and the USS Enterprise together with the French Charles de Gaulle and their strike groups. Thursday, US Navy Chief Adm. Jonathan Greenert said he was doubling the American minesweeping fleet in the Persian Gulf by adding another four vessels as well as mine-hunting helicopters to bolster Persian Gulf security and keep the Strait of Hormuz open to international traffic. France, Britain, Holland and Germany have also deployed minesweepers in these strategic Gulf waters. Tuesday, March 13, two Israeli missile corvettes, the INS Lahav and INS Yafo, crossed the Suez Canal on their way to the Red Sea accompanied by the French Imidisi supply ship. The vast naval buildup of powerful warships confirms that the United States, Europe and Israel are braced for harsh Iranian retaliation across more than one part of the Middle East for the crippling sanctions now taking hold.

DEBKAfile, Political Analysis, Espionage, Terrorism, Security

So in other words, 77% of people who are not voting for the president under any circumstances say that.

They don't need a reason.

In fact, they don't have the ability to REASON.

The rw's will vote against themselves and against their own children's futures because Baby Huey Beck and limba-a-a-a-a tell them to. They have been told that the gas prices were not the fault of geeDub but they ARE the fault of President Obama and their little heads are just-a bobbin' up and down.

I've read rw's opinions that making war is a good idea. They have no idea that it would drive our prices through the roof. DUH.

The FACT that President Obama has signed more than 400 new permits (more than any other prez) for US drilling is ignored. Instead, they believe the GObP lies that Obama has slowed US drilling.

So, all you rw's, go ahead ad vote for wishy-washy Mittens but don't whine to the Libs when you're looking for a good deal on a used bike because of the gas shortages, no jobs and rampant depression.

Forum List

Back